Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

James Corden and Patrick Stewart spat

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,221 ✭✭✭Rowley Birkin QC

Corden is a douche of the highest order. He looks pretty pissed in the video.

Pity Patrick Stewart didn't just ignore him.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,629 ✭✭✭Deeper Blue

I hate James Corden with a passion

• Registered Users Posts: 6,333 ✭✭✭bad2dabone

I came into this thread to write that I hate James Corden with a passion.

beaten to it by a fellow right thinker

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 thestoryteller

thought corden was goin to throw a punch :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 82 ✭✭Waterloo Sunset

It gets worse after that clip ends, Corden flashes his belly to the entire audience, classy*!

*classy here clearly means what a talentless twunt

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,221 ✭✭✭Rowley Birkin QC

The English tabloids appear to be supporting Corden, I frickin hate Lowest COmmon Denominator media.

• Registered Users Posts: 758 ✭✭✭bubbaloo

I watched it and thought the two of them were idiots. To be honest I though Patrick Stewart provoked JC with the "hands in his pocket" remark but then the knob that is James Corden responded with insults, to which PS responded with his failing effort of humour so there are no winners!!
    Vanity is a terrible thing! :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,305 ✭✭✭DOC09UNAM

jonas brothers joke was fail.

and i actually like corden, he's funny.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,613 ✭✭✭✭Clare Bear

I thought Patrick Stewart came out of that a hell of a lot worse than Corden?!! I don't like James Corden at all, he's everywhere and it's annoying but Stewart let himself down a lot more there, I thought he had more class than that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,131 ✭✭✭subway

does anyone have an unedited video link?
    i like patrick stewart and dislike james corden

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 285 ✭✭not_xanthor

Corden gets my back up for some reason or other, but there's a pair of them in it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,732 ✭✭✭sxt

This reminds me of the elton john/ lilly allen incident , which was cringeworth as well .Bright lights, a room full of celebs and alcohol must fuel these kind of situations

• Registered Users Posts: 919 ✭✭✭RVD420

Clare Bear wrote: »
    I thought Patrick Stewart came out of that a hell of a lot worse than Corden?!! I don't like James Corden at all, he's everywhere and it's annoying but Stewart let himself down a lot more there, I thought he had more class than that.

+ 1,000,000

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,302 ✭✭✭JohnMearsheimer

I got a laugh out of Patrick Stewart's Jonas Brothers joke......but not for the right reason! They were both as bad as each other but I never thought Patrick Stewart would ever get caught up in something as trivial as this. Still, it doesn't change the fact that Patrick Stewart is a very fine actor and James Corden (and it would seem Patrick Stewart) is not very funny.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,300 ✭✭✭✭casio4

Corden gets my back up for some reason or other, but there's a pair of them in it.
    yeah, there is something about James Corden that just comes across that he's trying too hard to be funny.He gets my back up too

• Registered Users Posts: 751 ✭✭✭greenie

Never really was a fan of Cordon..first saw him when he did either BBLB or BBBM (forget which one) for a few weeks & thought he was absolutely rubbish. I think he got really lucky with that Gavin & Stacey show..if that wasn't such a hit I don't think we'd be seeing too much of him these days!

• Registered Users Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

I thought this whole debacle was embarrassing for the two of them. As said above, Stewart really should have known better.

But in the end, it'll all be forgotten by Monday. Stewart will go on with his acting and Cordon will fade into obscurity as people realise that he isn't actually funny or talented.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,461 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NIBUWqSTp90

Clip is a bit longer than the BBC one.

• Registered Users Posts: 412 ✭✭IsThisIt???

I actually do like Corden but they both came across idiotic in this. Stewart made a dig for no reason and Corden prob should have just shrugged it off, ended up as a car crash award show moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,535 ✭✭✭Raekwon

I'm sure Patrick Stewart feels like this looking back on that incident.........

picard-no-facepalm.jpg

• Advertisement

jamescorden.jpg
    this says it all he's a twat and he loves himself

• Registered Users Posts: 2,650 ✭✭✭cooperguy

casio4 wrote: »
    jamescorden.jpg
    Really because to me it says that he doesnt take himself seriously, I think you might be looking for thing to complain about, he's taking the piss out of himself!

• Registered Users Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

greenie wrote: »
    Never really was a fan of Cordon..first saw him when he did either BBLB or BBBM (forget which one) for a few weeks & thought he was absolutely rubbish. I think he got really lucky with that Gavin & Stacey show..if that wasn't such a hit I don't think we'd be seeing too much of him these days!

It's lucky that he co-wrote a great show?

Nothing to do with talent at all, no?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,461 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

jamescorden.jpg

As others said, I think you're just looking for a reason to complain. If he was absolutely ripped and did it, you'd probably say that he was a twat and thinking he was a god by doing the photo.

Annoying or not, he co-wrote a great sitcom, and he is clearly talented. He keeps getting presenting jobs, because he's talented. You may not like him, you don't have to, but it's obvious he has talent.

He's probably over-exposing himself a little too much (a bit like Jimmy Carr a couple of years ago)And although he may have been a bit off his face, if anyone takes a shot at you on stage, you're naturally going to bite back if you're a comedian, you're more or less bound by your career.

But a twat for doing that photo, he is not.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

jamescorden.jpg

Patrick Stewart facepalms in your general direction.

• Registered Users Posts: 47 jonnyha

I think James Corden is one of the funniest people on tv at the moment. He is extremely talented, witty and self-deprecating. He also does incredible work for charity.

I also enjoyed Patrick Stewart on Extras.

This clip shows that actors need scripts.

how can you say he's very talented? Gavin and Stacey is all he's done well and yes he's got alot of television work at the moment but he wouldn't have had it without Gavin & Stacey.He had a disaster sketch show on BBC3 Horne & Corden, afilm flop (lesbian vampire killers) and he was ridiculed for hosting the Brits.He sneered at winning just 2 Baftas for G&S and berated the award judges for not giving them a 3rd one. Corden and Horne blamed their downfall on overexposure yet he will be even more on the telly with the England single going to number 1 tomorrow with him singing on it and his coca cola ad with Rooney has him on the box 5 times a day during the world cup. The boy got lucky and if he has another incident like the one with Patrick Stewart the media will be quick to turn on him and he knows it.

article-0-09F60E40000005DC-774_468x302.jpg
    he shouldn't have been so in your face, it was rude

• Registered Users Posts: 47 jonnyha

It's all subjective really, isn't it? I have never seen Gavin and Stacey but enjoyed his sketch show with Horne and his panel show with Flintoff and Redknapp. His work with comic relief is just genius, in my opinion.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,595 ✭✭✭bonerm

BTW, I notice nothing seems to push a comedians buttons more than if a non-comedian even tries to out-funny them. It's like "Ok Stewart, you're richer than me, you're more famous than me, you're more talented than me and you're better looking than me, but don't try out joke me cos that's all I have".

You could see the genuine hate in Cordons eyes there when Stewart had a gag at his expense. That whole ruse Cordon puts on with his "jolly fatman" persona was totally exposed for the lie it is. Typical comedian behaviour I'm afraid. Many (if not most of them) have anti-social personalities and usually only fall into this career by way of compensation.

Advertisement