Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

DIT 101 Architecture CAO Points 2010

• 09-06-2010 8:31pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 10

Any one want to take a guess what the points will be to enter DIT Architecture (DIT 101) this year? :confused: Any confusing theories or predictions would be greatly appreciated.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34 spraticus

Ah i'd say they'd be somewhat similar to last years points, but seriously you shouldn't worry too much about them till the results get out. Just do your best in the leaving first!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 the under dog

Ha. I know im doing everything possible to distract me from these fecking exams.:P But still i am just confused because construction courses every where are dropping their entrie points but DIT is still staying strong and the way that engilsh exam went, im not feeling to confident. :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 104 ✭✭tomtom101

Same here! just Want these exams to be over!! :D:D:D

How did ur interview go??

ehh..i taught the interview went well for me...i had a alrite portfolio so that helped..but ya never really know..the two lads interviewing me might have taught it was a bad interview...yano..:confused:...all them architects are a bit weird..haha..no afence to anyone looking at this tread..ha

haha!! I no what ya mean!! The 2 that were interviewing me were askin was aDIT number one on my CAO, and started asking me about UCD- n i was saing that i'd prefare DIT n of course one of the interviewers was from UCD!! But ahwell!! :D:D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 191 ✭✭Dafydd Thomas

I got 75 in test and 90 in interview. I'd say points will stay around the same. 592 is fairly resonable with the test and interview. I've got music next thursday abd I've 5 days to decide whether to put DIT or UCD first.

Tough choice and I keep hearing bad things about DIT. However the last two years inUCD or fee paying for some strange reason.

What do ye think?

Its cause the final two years is a masters and they're changing it to the same in DIT this coming year so it'll be the same

They're both equally good courses, DIT is supposed to more practicle though

When did you get the results from the interview.....??????????:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 35 nijel

I got 75 in test and 90 in interview. I'd say points will stay around the same. 592 is fairly resonable with the test and interview. I've got music next thursday abd I've 5 days to decide whether to put DIT or UCD first.

Tough choice and I keep hearing bad things about DIT. However the last two years inUCD or fee paying for some strange reason.

What do ye think?

when did you get the points from the interview i am still waiting, should i email? your ok if you cant choose between 2, i realy cant decide between ul dit napier aberdeen waterford ???

You have to email the exams office with your CAO number to get your score. They're usually pretty quick about replying too

• Advertisement

could you post the email address plzzz.

Hi, ya have to ring them on 01 4023445, have ur CAO number!!

Im thrilled - I got 80 in the interview!! :D:D:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,017 ✭✭✭Crow92

Ewww I only got 50!?!?!?! wtf??

ah sure just glad it's not my first choice :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 37 jrk92

emm I am not going to call them:L it would be too stressful:L Does anyone have their email?

yeah I got 85 from the interview!!! one step closer to DIT hah

So how did everyone get on with results?? Think uoi'll be in or not??

the suitability test=75, the interview=85, LC=435
    75+85+435=595:L hopefully I get the place:P

LC = 480
    Test = 75
    Interview = 90

That's 645

It's my first choice so I think I have it.

I'd say anyone with 590 should have it in the bag.

Well done in the Leavin cert lads!!

Me:
    Leavin Cert: 500
    Interview: 80
    Test: 60

Total: 640... I'd say im pretty confident!! :D:D:D

• Advertisement

When is orientation? :D

I think its around 13th of september!! Look at:

http://www.dit.ie/services/academic/calendar/

Looks lide a fun year... :eek:

ahh I wish I got this place:) If we get, we will have to meet before the orientation:L what do you think? :D Just cant wait!!!

jrk92 wrote: »
    ahh I wish I got this place:) If we get, we will have to meet before the orientation:L what do you think? :D Just cant wait!!!

yeah sure we could do that. If you have 590 and it's your first choice you should have it. I'm having trouble with funding at the moment but I'm sure I'll get to go there somehow.

Points this year... 590!! congrats!! :D:D:D

Its crazy how DIT stayed the same-ish, and UCD is gone up by 10 points compared to last year... So much for points dropping!!:confused: But Limerick and Waterford have dropped alot...

yeah!! we are in!! wooo! see ya all soon!:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 91 ✭✭Yakuza42

Did anyone else get 100 in the interview? Dunno how i pulled that one out of the bag...
    Anyone got accomodation sorted? I'm thinkin a house in smithfield might be the job?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 91 ✭✭Yakuza42

yeah!! we are in!! wooo! see ya all soon!:)

buzzin. some serious ravin will be done haha

I got it but my parents are saying that I have to take a year out. Seriously pissed. Might go and get a loan, somehow put myself through college.

• Advertisement

I got it but my parents are saying that I have to take a year out. Seriously pissed. Might go and get a loan, somehow put myself through college.

Ahh... Serious bumer!! :(:(... Hope ya get in somehow!! Let us know!

ok guys..now we are going to be ''one team'' in next 5 years! add me on facebook:L http://www.facebook.com/jarek.adamczuk it would be great if we met before the orientation(13th sept.)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 171 ✭✭kirkfx

Ya can all add me too. I say we all meet up in dublin before college starts!!

http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1298239348

I accepted it. See you all soon

I accepted it. See you all soon

:D:D:D

Are ye all sorted for accomodation? I've only started looking. Does anyone have any space?

• Advertisement
Advertisement