Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How much have you spent on airsoft?

Options
  • 08-06-2010 8:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 17,416 ✭✭✭✭

Just been in the sport about 6 months and one of the mates asked me what did I spend on airsoft..so I made a list :)

AEGs- €1000
    Pistols- €570
    Sniper rifle-€310
    Tactical -€330
    Uniforms/Boots/Gloves etc- €590
    BBs/Batteries/Chargers - €300

Total- €3100 minus the sale of one AEG for €240 which leaves a grand total of €2860...I must be fúcking mad..:eek:

So how much have you spent?

How much? 69 votes

€0-€500
    0% 0 votes
    €501-€1000
    11% 8 votes
    €1001-€1500
    31% 22 votes
    €1501-€2001
    24% 17 votes
    €2000-€3000
    11% 8 votes
    I'm outta of my frakking head!! €€€€€€€€€
    20% 14 votes

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,261 ✭✭✭Puding

i do not even want to put it down on paper at this stage.....no seriously it is that bad

• Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

Since Dec '06 about 10k+. That's purely as a collector, I'd hate to think if I was skirmishing all that time too.

• Registered Users Posts: 997 ✭✭✭.22 Lover

Pistol=88 E
    Rifle=about 583 E
    gear=Not yet
    comsumeabels=50 E
    And im only 16 with no job.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,416 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

Puding wrote: »
    i do not even want to put it down on paper at this stage.....no seriously it is that bad

I take it that you selected the last option :D
    Probably only yourself and bullets are that mad :D
    .22 Lover wrote: »
    Pistol=88 E
    Rifle=about 583 E
    gear=Not yet
    comsumeabels=50 E
    And im only 16 with no job.

you've gotta feel sorry for students :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 208 ✭✭Gray

Do you mean how much I really spent or how much I told the wife I spent;)

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭Masada

how have you managed to add it all up so precisely? i wouldn't even know where to start if i were to guestimate what ive spent.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,416 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

Gray wrote: »

lol..should have had that in the poll :D

Masada wrote: »
    how have you managed to add it all up so precisely? i wouldn't even know where to start if i were to guestimate what ive spent.

I'm only in it 6 months so have nearly an exact idea of what I've spent.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,200 ✭✭✭J.D.R

I take it smartly. I have spent about 1000 on my gear and Guns, but I trade one of my AEG's every few weeks (never getting rid of my M4. That my baby) so I still get to play with new toys, without having to spend money:D

And, likewise, 17 and no job

Sc@recrow wrote: »
    I'm only in it 6 months so have nearly an exact idea of what I've spent.

Ahh right, lol,

try 3 years, i dare not even think about how much ive spent.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

Gray wrote: »

No.... of course that limited edition trademarked AEG didn't cost me €600 plus €180 shipping from HK. That's the UPS guys just making up prices again/:D. That's in HK dollars, I swear....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,261 ✭✭✭Puding

Masada wrote: »
    Ahh right, lol,

try 3 years, i dare not even think about how much ive spent.

yep know that feeling, the scary question is how much i've wasted on poor quality items and such, never regretted the money i've spent on quality items but the quantity of crap i've collected over the years has got to me at times

• Registered Users Posts: 2,200 ✭✭✭J.D.R

Imagine how much everyons would be if you included BB's:eek: (1.5 a fortnight x 36 x 12.50 = Oh god

• Registered Users Posts: 913 ✭✭✭fayer

I've invested my entire sole into this sport!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,397 ✭✭✭MerryDespot

fayer wrote: »
    I've invested my entire sole into this sport!

What!!
    You sold a foot?!!
    That's dedication Fayer.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,363 ✭✭✭gerrowadat

Was only thinking about this the other day. I'd say I've easily dropped 10k or so on stuff. That's not counting travel to berget, wales etc. Also not counting the second vehicle I bought to cart gear around.

I'm afraid to start trying to add this up - hell, camo alone has probably set me back several hundred - and that's before I start to think about vests/plate carriers, boots - let alone aegs, GBBRs, pistols.
    I really should quit this sport, sell all my kit and take up something cheaper, like golf or dealing crack. :D

gerrowadat wrote: »
    Also not counting the second vehicle I bought to cart gear around.

I have seriously considered selling my current car simply because it's not the most practical for airsoft sites - if you'd told me a year ago that I'd want to shift a three series coupe for a grotty old 4x4 I'd have laughed until I fell over.
    That's got to be a bad sign. Does the brain wiring get fecked around after a few months airsofting?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,881 ✭✭✭mle1324

For me its about €1250 and i'm still in school :o.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,363 ✭✭✭gerrowadat

I have seriously considered selling my current car simply because it's not the most practical for airsoft sites - if you'd told me a year ago that I'd want to shift a three series coupe for a grotty old 4x4 I'd have laughed until I fell over.
    That's got to be a bad sign. Does the brain wiring get fecked around after a few months airsofting?

Talk to Fayer, he traded a 3 series coupe for a Shogun a few months ago. I'm on the lookout for a replacement for the CR-V. Preferably also in tan, of course.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,758 ✭✭✭Stercus Accidit

Its way too easy to justify;

An aeg, 8 mid caps for it

A back-up aeg, oh it uses other mags,

8 mid caps for it.

I'd like to try an mp5,

8 mid caps for it.

I have a vest for AK mags, I will get a spare for friends,

I will get a set of pouches for the mp5

I will get a sniper, to try it, 8 mags...

I need a pistol, 2-3 mags

I need another pistol, 2-3 mags

I need that pistol, yeah cool, 2-3 mags

I need a machine pistol, yeknow, cqb

2-3 mags

I like that mac11 cool!

mags

I need comms!

I need boots!

I need bdu!

I like that aeg, thats cool, I'll get some mags for it...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 134 ✭✭SparkyDNut

I almost hit your 'I'm outta of my frakking head!! €€€€€€€€€' section with one retailer... and am currently trying to resist buying another... but as we all know.. resistance is futile... :rolleyes:

gerrowadat wrote: »
    Talk to Fayer, he traded a 3 series coupe for a Shogun a few months ago. I'm on the lookout for a replacement for the CR-V. Preferably also in tan, of course.

Oh jesus no.
    This was what I was afraid of.
    A neighbour of mine has some sort of weird looking apc/off road parked outside his gaff - and the number of times I've wandered home after a few too many and seriously considered a straight up swap is worrying. It's one thing to think this way after a few too many, but at reasonable o'clock in the morning with a clear head - that's the worrying sign.
    Naturally though Gerrout - it'd have to be tan.

Actually ... must take a photo of that apc and post it up here to see if anyone can identify it - never seen the like. Not something you expect to see off the Merrion Road!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,477 ✭✭✭✭Witcher

There was a thread about this a while ago and I remember saying I'd spent about €3500 then, about €5k now:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,612 ✭✭✭bullets

I've lost track. At a very very very quick glance and
    the very very very min 3k
    probably in reality a hell of a lot more if I add up exact prices.

and I've skirmished less than 5 times!!

~B

• Registered Users Posts: 3,152 ✭✭✭Inari

What's depressing isn't what you've spent...it's what you'd willingly spend, or will spend

• Registered Users Posts: 816 ✭✭✭gungun

oh jesus, I just added up most stuff on a calculator, €1400 over the past few years, I'm 16, my first few pay cheques will be for the folks:o

• Registered Users Posts: 981 ✭✭✭se conman

It costs me €1300 a year just to tax the 4x4 that I only use to go to airsoft sites plus an attic conversion to house all my gear.At a show recently , 3 tables were used to display our club members guns and then I had my own table.
    WANT TAKES PRESIDENCE OVER NEED.
    I NEED food but I WANT a new gun , which do you think will win.LOL

Somewhere along the line I felt the need for a purpose built ATV in my airsoft collection, that ought to push up the final total a little. hope the missus doesn't read this forum....

:D

• Registered Users Posts: 981 ✭✭✭se conman

You and me both mate. LOL

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 216 ✭✭P.K

it really is one of them questions youd rather not know the answer to:D
    Because once youve done up the numbers its sicking to think the amount you've spent and yet you still have things you want need.

Advertisement