Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Range Resources (RRL.L) tipped by RHPS

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 790 ✭✭✭alanceltic

neil.p.b wrote: »
    Nothing much to talk about of late that hasn't been already covered. Some of us post more regularly on another forum so don't venture here too much.

If you watch L2 you'll come to your own conclusions on why the stock is where it is. I only switch it on every now and again, others have it on all day and everyday and are able to give a better picture. But in brief ever morning there stacks of spoof orders placed on the sell side at 07.50am that have no chance of being filled but put downward pressure on the share price. Algorithms setting the price and keeping it in a tight range all day. News last week and the P1 490% increase saw the share price rise over 10% in minutes, goes into auction looking like it will break out and a 1million sell is added to the sell side away from the action, no hope of being filled. When the auction ends the sell is removed and the share price slowly drifts back down into its original days trading range. Many think its to due with the options so i guess we'll see if that's true within the next few weeks. Put it this way, directors options are out of the money at 6.5p, i'd guess the share price will be significantly higher then that by years end.

What are your thoughts on what underpins the share price of the company? Dividend won't be until Q2/3 2012

Thanks Neil, a very interesting post. On this basis there really does appear to be a big player manipulating the market which on the face of it seems seems crazy but there you go. Do you mind what the other site is that has been referenced and which posters are more clued in so i can have a read up? you can PM me if you think its a bad idea to post on here.

As regards my opinion on what underpins a share price, a combination of growth prospects and dividend yield but i wouldnt be against a pure speculative play if i felt the risk/reward merited it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,007 ✭✭✭Grecco

J.C this one beats me,still heading downwards.The SP must be starting to approach some type of a bottom but as of yet I dont see it. Will wait and see..

• Registered Users Posts: 17,869 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

Do people believe whats being said on other boards about how its all artificial and related to the options?

Cant believe the price now, its getting close to my average, lets see where we are in a years time cos Im not selling.

• Registered Users Posts: 224 ✭✭Dude240502

Is there an announcement expected to be made on this tomorrow and do you mind if I ask what effect you think it will have?

Announcement of Puntland Spud could come any day, there could be an RNS on the options, Trinidad, Texas, Georgia, Puntland Offshore or even another acquisition any time, effect on the SP is totally random these days.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 426 ✭✭poodles

Thargor wrote: »
    Announcement of Puntland Spud could come any day, there could be an RNS on the options, Trinidad, Texas, Georgia, Puntland Offshore or even another acquisition any time, effect on the SP is totally random these days.

My guess would be for an announcement for Texas and a significaBnt upgrade for Trinidad, possibly even tomorrow or Friday imho!

neil.p.b wrote: »
    That second one is a biggie, as in 42p a share without mentioning Puntland or Georgia! Great end to the year for us (if you ignore the SP that is).

• Registered Users Posts: 228 ✭✭treatyman

I feel like the 'I don't know what a tracker mortgage is' guy when it comes to the share price of this company..

After sitting on the sidelines for so long I felt that the positive newsflows were too great to ignore and took a bite over crimbo. There was another good RNS today

TEXAS & TRINIDAD UPDATE

Trinidad

Range Resources Limited ("Range" or "the Company") is pleased to announce that
    it has successfully drilled and logged the QUN118ST development well on the
    Morne Diablo concession in Trinidad. The QUN 118ST logged more than 200 ft. of
    gross oil pay in the shallow Forrest formation, further extending the existing
    field area to the north and east. The well is currently being completed for
    initial production from natural pressure, which is expected to commence within
    the next week.

The Company operates three production areas onshore Trinidad, where it
    continues to develop existing reserves, extend producing trends, and exploit
    marginal producing properties.

Exploratory drilling for deeper targets is programmed for 2012, following
    reprocessing and interpretation of the Company's 3D seismic database, which is
    scheduled to be completed next month.

Texas

The Company would also like to announce that the surface casing was
    successfully set on the Albrecht #1 appraisal well on the Company's North
    Chapman Ranch Project in Texas and recommenced drilling and is currently
    drilling ahead at a depth of 7,900 ft. with a target depth of 14,500 ft.

The Albrecht # 1 appraisal well marks another milestone in the Company's
    onshore Texas drilling program, as if successful, it is anticipated to prove up
    reserves in the South East portion of the North Chapman Ranch license area, and
    support a re-classification of current Possible (P3) reserves into the Probable
    (P2) and Proved (P1) categories.

Following on from the Albrecht #1 well, the joint venture has the option to
    continue with the development of the field with a possible four-well program in
    2012 under discussion among the joint venture partners.

There seems to be a very strong suspicion that the sp has been downplayed due to options being exercised but we will find out how of a factor this has been as i believe the options have now run their course, with the main dealers/fund managers back next week it will be interesting to see efffect this has on the share price but it shouldnt surprise too many people that as the timeframe squeezes on the share options the company makes all these announcements, now its a waiting game but im thinking the fundamentals are too strong to ignore but feel it will take longer than most believe to extract the full value from this as the markets will probably only react when these news feeds translate into oil actually being produced.

• Advertisement

Email from Peter Landau posted on iii today by someone he's replied to in the past, people seem to think its real on the boards:
    Hi All,
    Please see email below received from PL.
    I feel quite embarrassed with his answer but i suppose the question had to be asked!

=========

Peter Landau pe...@okapventures.com
    2:56 AM (8 hours ago)

Please chris - can someone show you where such bull**** emanates from - honestly - our sole aim is to maximise shareholder value - no games , no hidden agendas or secret deals

On puntland I am heading over there next week for spudding ceremony so hopefully will be announcing in the next 5-10 days

Thanks p

Sent: Saturday, January 07, 2012 11:29 PM
    To: Peter Landau
    Subject: FOR THE ATTENTION OF MR P LANDAU

Dear Peter,

I was wondering if us as shareholders could have your comments on the below rumour

"PL will sell all Range assets in 1 transaction, at same stage soon after 1st July 2012. There is a pre-agreed sale price (not as high as we would've liked, perhaps no more than $1 per share). Therefore PL and those institutions involved need to control the news and Mcap.

In exchange for PL shafting us all, he gets to accept an offered for a position on the board (approx $5m P/A) along with a lathe number of shares and options in a $30+ company.

Fethering his own nest"

Also, could you please advise when we should be getting news on Punland, either good or bad.

Thank you

CHRIS

• Registered Users Posts: 330 ✭✭xertpo

Seems to been large volumes here today. Something on the cards?

Very much so!!!!! Theres a hell of a lot of activity going on. As Thargor mentioned there seems to be an imminent announcement due on the spudding of the field in Puntland, first drill in Somalia in 20 years and heavily backed to be full of oil.

RRl have a 20% holding in Puntland as do RMP. RMP has increased approx 50% in the last week compared to RRL with a 7% increase. There are reasons for this with the main one being that RMP's core valuation is geared around Puntland but it still seems like RRL has a bit of catching up to do and the spud announcement should get the ball rolling......its very much interesting times with both these shares atm.

Scary how quiet this thread has been given that its on the go over a year with over 24,000 views, I can only think some people are sitting on losses????

Anyway looks like this has grown a pair of legs and some...+12% today so far

• Registered Users Posts: 330 ✭✭xertpo

alanceltic wrote: »
    Scary how quiet this thread has been given that its on the go over a year with over 24,000 views, I can only think some people are sitting on losses????

I think there are quite a few who joined the party late, myself included, and are sitting on losses. I couldn't have picked a winner last year even if I had Gray's Sporting Almanac.
    I've too many low burning coals on the fire at the moment, and I've had to offset the wait with risky in and out trades.

alanceltic wrote: »

66% profit and the action hasn't even started yet :D

Anyone sitting on a loss its temporary, Trinidad will see to that no matter what happens.

66% profit and the action hasn't even started yet :D

Anyone sitting on a loss its temporary, Trinidad will see to that no matter what happens.

I am assuming you are in over 12 months if you are averaged at 6.00. Im glad I took the time to read up on this over crimbo and I took a bite at new years and was that confident in the FUNDAMENTALS that I took a second bite earlier in the week so it looks like I just got in before it grew legs and I have to say I am very happy.

Long term holders of this must be all over the place with what has been going on over the last year, tell me, with everything thats been brewing in that time are you as confident as you were when this was at its high of 24p? and what do you think it will take for it to hit that high again. Although there is very good sentiment behind the share I fear that this could just as quickly reverse IF the news isnt VERY positive regardless of the fundamentals.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,788 ✭✭✭Cute Hoor

The share price has increased roughly 50% since the Peter Landau email was published, slowly at first but very significantly over the last 2 days. Just wondering if people think the increase is largely down to the email or is there something else driving the increase

Its pretty much certain that there will be an RNS over the weekend. IF it is in relation to Puntland it will likely come from HORN first as they are the majority holder in Puntland BUTTTTT there are so many irons in the fire that speculation is there will be 2 RNS over the coming days......

the announcement of Puntland will definately give things another jolt although some of this is already factored in but its likely there could be a re-rating on other reserves or even news on the Albrecht drill which was nearing completion in Dec

• Registered Users Posts: 926 ✭✭✭neil.p.b

Cute Hoor wrote: »
    The share price has increased roughly 50% since the Peter Landau email was published, slowly at first but very significantly over the last 2 days. Just wondering if people think the increase is largely down to the email or is there something else driving the increase

Just a change in trend. Nothing to do with any email. Was very oversold and is now beginning to realise fair value.

Should be an RNS early next week confirming Puntland spud. I'd also expect an RNS on Texas with Albrecht progress update and T&T well update with flow rates next week.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 224 ✭✭Dude240502

If there isn't, is it possible the share price could fall back to where it was before the recent rise? Also, if there is an announcent of Puntland, is RMP the share to be involved in and do you mind if I ask what kind of rise you might expect?

Dude240502 wrote: »
    If there isn't, is it possible the share price could fall back

There will be...... at least one at that. No chance the share price will fall back sub 10p at this rate without some serious spanner in the work and its just not going to happen in the coming days. Elvis has most definately left the building lol
    Dude240502 wrote: »
    Also, if there is an announcent of Puntland, is RMP the share to be involved in and do you mind if I ask what kind of rise you might expect?

Yes RMP is more asset geared towards Puntland so it should spike higher on favourable puntland news. as for what the increase will be.... if we knew that now we would all be rich wouldnt we??? lol honestly I have no idea

• Registered Users Posts: 2,265 ✭✭✭Seifer

Up over 10% again today. Is there a limit to how much a share can gain in one day? On Friday it capped out at +13%~ but there is huge demand today driving it up a further 13%~. Why didn't it just rise more on Friday?

it is simply rising on the anticipation of the RNS announcing the spud in Puntland which now looks like it could be tues/weds. There is also a huge correction in full flow based on valuations aside from the spud and also a truckload of info on future & existing prospects.

Why did it not just spike on Friday....supply and demand i guess and buyers anxious to get in before the RNS, although I suspect that a lot of the increase expected from RNS is now factored in so probably not too much steam left in the tank for this week.... well probably not at the same rate as last week.... up circa 50% in the last 5-6 trading days

• Registered Users Posts: 139 ✭✭AP_MAN

+ 20% now :)

Back in the black ;)

Anyone explain to me why google finance is showing the price after close as 12.05 when yahoo finance is (correctly according to RUM) showing 13.25?

• Registered Users Posts: 375 ✭✭yobr

How high do you think we will go on spudding this week?

• Advertisement

I wouldn't even bother trying to guess, ask Neil what the resistance is like.

Advertisement