Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Your favourite Anime character

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,164 ✭✭✭Konata

Sailor Saturn (Hotaru) :pac:

I'm actually in love with her >.< So awesome.

• Registered Users Posts: 256 ✭✭Icarian

forgot maes hughes and kenpachi, they're pretty awesome too

Kenpachi could have been two dimensional, but i like his backstory, he's a dude that would be a bad guy (not just an anti-hero) in most series, but simply for the fact that he's fighting for the right side and a valuable asset to the soul society makes you root for him. Kind of reminds me of that guy from The Hurt Locker, not neessarily a good guy, but fighting for the right side, even if his motives aren't entirely honourable.

also Roy Mustang, the careerist army dude with a dark past, trying to climb the ladder, not for himself, but so that he can make right the worlds wrongs. He allows himself to be a straw man, if it means protecting others, (Lt Ross). He cares deeply for his subordinates, even if he's a bit of a jerk at times. Another believable, multi layered character, very unusual in the shounen genre.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,986 ✭✭✭Craguls

Yoh Asakura- Shaman King
    shaman_king_wallpaper_Yoh_Asakura_and_Amidamaru-328911.jpeg

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,133 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

Hotaru wrote: »
    Sailor Saturn (Hotaru) :pac:

I'm actually in love with her >.< So awesome.

Wow, there's a surprise :pac:

Wow, there's a surprise :pac:

I know right? Totally unexpected! :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 378 ✭✭cade

Gamma_Akutabi.jpg
    Gamma from Zombie Powder, this manga really should be continued!
    ChouhiEkitoku.jpg
    Chouhi Ekitoku from Ikki Tousen, awesome martial arts girl.
    naomi_armitage.jpg
    Naomi Armitage from Armitage Polymatrix.
    riza_wildman.png
    Riza Wildman from Kaibutsu Oujo.
    saki_yurikawa.png
    Saki Yurikawa from Reiko the Zombie Shop. Damn I love this character & manga, curse Dark Horse for dropping it.
    nono.jpg
    Nono from Aim for the Top 2: Diebuster

• Registered Users Posts: 470 ✭✭Butterscotch

I like Nono too.

31502.png
    L - Death Note. My absolute favourite character.

My friend asked me today who my favourite character in any form of media was - book, audio, T.V., film - and I had to reply L. :D

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,082 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

Good choice!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,041 ✭✭✭hare05

Alucard is just so awesome. No other character flaunts their dark personality with such unabashed glee.
    Yes, he's shallow, one-dimensional and a bit of a Mary Sue, but no other character in any other manga can wade through the blood of enemies and innocents, and make the reader gleefully follow such shameless slaughter. He is the purest evil in any manga, but you can't help but love him for it.

alucard.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,131 ✭✭✭Azure_sky

Asuka, as she's a semi insane,narcissitic, bi polar bitch, and one of the few strong female characters I've seen in anime, who has depth of character,a high level of intelligence, but is'nt designed purely as fan service fap fodder.

asuka009.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 470 ✭✭Butterscotch

My favourite character is Ayanami Rei from Neon Genesis Evangelion.

ayanami-rei-43.jpg

She is my favourite fictional character. I identify with her as she is fragile, calm, parts of her remind me of the old me. I love the way she is neutral and walks away. My fondness for her started when I cosplayed as her back in 2007. There were parts of her personality I want to adopt to my own. I originally cosplayed as her because I was attracted to her image. I really enjoy playing as her.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,486 ✭✭✭✭Varik

snapshot20081011101105.jpg

One of my favourite character is Lupin the Third form a whole lot of movies and many other things as well.Seen all the movies and most of the specials but it'd be impossible for a Gaijin to see all of them. He's the worlds greatest thief with a heart of gold(stolen) and always wins over Interpol who are always after him. Hayao Miyazaki even got his hand on him and made a movie which was the first one i saw. The character been around for decades and i'm hoping that he'll end up like batman/superman and be around for ever. For anyone who likes the Miyazaki movie there are hundreds of movies, ova and specials to watch in addition to that.

• Registered Users Posts: 598 ✭✭✭Lemegeton

as much as i love spike and Vash i really have to go with Alucard on this one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 Taseera

Oh, and Death Note is my most favorite anime right there with K-On!(!). I usually hate thriller animes but this one had me on the edge of the seat at all times.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 Cloudini

Ill go for Vegita from dbz

i loved his evilness but still beeing on the goodside

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 Tijani

I have way too many but here are my current top fav.

Souji Okita, he's so funny and his pig Saizo is so cute

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,464 ✭✭✭e_e

azumanga23_1.jpg

Osaka (Ayumu Kasuga)

• Registered Users Posts: 410 ✭✭summer_ina_bowl

Howl

Howl%27s%2BMoving%2BCastle%2B(16).jpg

and L :D

l_007_animestockscom.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46 Agent Larkin

Gotta agree with the OP and say Zero from Code Geass.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 15 alanmoore

Only one character i like and i feel proud to say that is "Goku". He's the only one powerful man in this world.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,502 ✭✭✭thefinalstage

My favorite character is Makunochi Ippo from Hajime No Ippo.

HmVxPCNMcex6ckK.jpg

He is my favourite fictional character. I identify with him as he is willing to fight for his beliefs, is humble and kind of shy. So many times I was left going "ahwww" when they showed him with Kumi (the girl he fell for) and he was just so shy and awkward. Reminds me of myself at times :p. I love the way he maintains his kind and caring nature regardless of the situation. That shows real resolve of character which I try to emulate. I originally identified with him while he was trying to catch the leaves. Because it seemed like I was doing the same everyday at the time.

He shows us that hard work and patience can achieve great things, and that everything good takes time and effort. Also that the time and effort is never wasted even if the goal is not reached. It helps us grow, step by step.

Well, that's how I see him any way.

Too bad I am too tall to cosplay as him...:(

• Registered Users Posts: 353 ✭✭Generic_name01

Very hard to think of anime characters that truly standout or feel different but some of my faveourites are:guts27.jpeg

Guts, Gatsu, whatever you want to call him, he is simply the man. I got into the anime when I was 15 or so because at that time I was just watching anyting that invlved shouting and violence. After watching the anime I started reading the manga and IMO Gatsu is one of the most developed and fleshed out characters in this medium (definitely in the battle manga genre anyway). If you think its just one dude shouting at demons before beheading em, your really missing out. The whole story is about defeating destiny and making your own path in life... Thats just hidden under all the excessive blood. Hoping an anime of the Millenium Falcon arc happens at some stage. With an arc title like that, it needs to happen yesterday.

n353435342092_3848.jpg

Hideo Kuze for me always stood out in the whole GITS:SAC universe. Like gatsu, someone else has decided the outcome of his life (well his life once he shows up anyways) and his story involves getting back freewill in a world controlled by the government. Bit anarchistic but he means well. And hes a cyborg living in an outdated body yet anyone who has seen the latter half of SAC 2nd gig will tell you, Kuze rocks the s**t.

SpeedGrapher2.jpg

Tatsumi Saiga may not have starred in the best anime but he is easily one of my faveourite characters. Starting to notice here I have a think for oppressed heroes battling the ruling dynasty which in speed grapher's case, would be sleazy politicians and moneymen all with perverted powers of their own. Alot of money was taken from speed grapher's budget to go into Basilisk and Trinity blood which were all airing around the same time. Magic ninjas and vampires with guns = BIG MONEY! Whereas Gonzo were hesitant that a man who only gets aroused when looking through the lense of a camera running around killing stretchy gimps and cannibal mermaid women with said camera wouldnt be as big a success so siphoned its budget which results in a pointless recap episode and a weak second half. :mad: If I win the lotto, I'm remaking it with the budget it deserves!

Lol didnt tink this post would become so long.

Konata from Lucky Star.

Absolute legend.

konata1.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 chloe01

My favorite character is Light yagami in death note.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTbg0Uk0FbyPeF8ViX_0b3oL7PcIqooLlZKXPWqv69F3kaFJhbv

• Registered Users Posts: 810 ✭✭✭Laisurg

Probably Diva from Blood+

2017503.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29 Lamb_of_God

Heiro or however you spell it from gundam wing.He's a fcukin badass:cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 Hi_Friend

I know its first post and all but just after finding this:D

5aadbfc7fe9520ba8c601397b3da1736fd22b197.jpg
    Ken from fist of the north star is absolute badass, one of the coolest in my opinion, chops buildings down with one hand, explodes heads for a living, just all round mean machine:cool:

briareos-4.jpg

Briareos from Appleseed was another character I liked, along with Deunan, they were really strong characters with a weak side for each other, along with a good storyline, the 2 films were top notch

• Moderators Posts: 8,678 ✭✭✭D4RK ONION

I'll be honest, I haven't seen that much anime, but apart from the awesome Konata and L who've both been mentioned, you gotta love Ryuk (deathnote). Such a lad, always out just to cause a bit of havok for his own amusemet.

RYUK-AND-APPLE.png

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11 Smoores

Ruroni Kenshi!!!!!

Advertisement