Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

SGU 1x19 "Incursion Part 1" **SPOILERS**

Options
  • 05-06-2010 11:12am
    Registered Users Posts: 17,727 ✭✭✭✭

SGU1x19.png
    Commander Kiva of the Lucian Alliance has managed to board the Destiny and has taken several of the crew hostage.

Thought this was a great episode. Loved seeing Sam and her command decision versus what Young did.

What did you think of SGU 1x19 "Incursion Part 1"? 53 votes

Ha'tak!
    0%
    Lucian Defiance
    67%
    SimiScruffWashout[Deleted User]CatsmokinpotRichard DowerDiddy KonggammaSherifusiodaThe GnomeDr. BaltarOverhealJohnny BitteThorFunglegunkAlso Starring LeVar BurtonSmythRascal77herya 36 votes
    McKay
    18%
    ManachDingChavezmickoneill30Conor108robby^5NiskaRonanc1thebossanovaPirateShampooGisforGrenade 10 votes
    Rushed
    7%
    VenomSir Digby Chicken CaesarD-GenerateTheIrishGrover 4 votes
    Vent the whole thing into space
    5%
    alastair_doomAuversTristram 3 votes

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,533 ✭✭✭don ramo

Lucian Defiance
    class, wonder what exactly happened that alliance fella, id say when the alliance dialed in it made destiny fall out of FTL in a very bad neighbourhood, thus what killed him and why they cant reenter FTL,

i know theres a part 2 (and most likly part 3) to go yet, but the alliance is now on destiny so id say there there for good, cant wait to see how they make it work,

or if not one of the crews gets off the ship, encounters an alien race that will probably help them chase destiny for most of next season,

its weird how much im now enjoying the show now, TBH i wasnt so sure after the first episode, and even 5-7 in it looked to be going nowhere, since it came back from midseason, its really takin it up a few notches, its keeping the early season darkness and added a lot of pace, and it works well, probably better than both SG1 and Atlantis,

one bad point though, they pulled an atlantis when they just randomly pulled out a device that can magically open destinys door, it probably is worse that the dell crystal interface, :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 47 Rascal77

Lucian Defiance
    Really enjoying this show at the moment, I'd say what killed the guy opening the door was either a new ship ai we haven't seen yet or Franklin when he disappeared after using the chair he became part of Destiny and is helping out.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,727 ✭✭✭✭Sherifu

Lucian Defiance
    Definitely getting a Voyager vibe from the whole incursion storyline unless the Lucian alliance have some way to get home yet to be revealed. Otherwise I suspect it'll be a merging of the crews much like Voyager.

Whatever happened to the guy killed at the locked door I assume was some kind of harmful rays external to the ship that weren't blocked out by the shield. The suggestion that it may be Franklin would be cool but I suspect it's linked to why they haven't re-entered hyperspace. I'm guessing some kind of harmful rays.

I also doubt Eli & Chloe are at the front of the ship for no reason. I'm thinking they'll find something there to defeat the Lucian Alliance or else uncover some new function the ship has.

Going back to Youngs decision not to vent the gate room reminded me of a similar scene in BSG where Saul Tigh had to choose venting sections of the ship to put out a fire but killing fire teams in those areas. A key difference is Galactica was in iminent danger of blowing up but I still think Young made the wrong call. It wasn't easy for Carter to leave the X302s behind either but it had to be done.

Now I have to resist watching the leaked copy of episode 20 with russian audio :(

• Registered Users Posts: 399 ✭✭Ronanc1

McKay
    One thing that i realised upon watching this one Was "why do the lucian alliance want destiny"

If they have nearly all the intel gathered on her since the icarus refugees arrived they'd know that its a bucket of boltes barely held together, really old in comparison to current lantean tech consider ftl VS hyperdrive, there isnt even access to the vital systems plus its a fight to stay alive on board regarding food and water and whats the point, destiny is what like 6/7 galaxies away and unfathomable distance what possible use could keeva and her hundred or so make with it, considering they'd never get back to the milkyway in their lifespans even if they coould figure out how to get control of navigation and they cant gate back!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,207 ✭✭✭hightower1

Lucian Defiance
    Did anyone else think when the scene with Rush and Youngs shouting match......

Adriannnnnn!!!!

untitled.png

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,758 ✭✭✭alastair_doom

Vent the whole thing into space
    So when they vented the atmosphere on Rush/Telford, they were able to run in and resuscitate him. So why didn't they vent the atmosphere in the gate room, then run in after the Lucian alliance lads were dead and resuscitate Telford again?

• Registered Users Posts: 82,052 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

Lucian Defiance
    So when they vented the atmosphere on Rush/Telford, they were able to run in and resuscitate him. So why didn't they vent the atmosphere in the gate room, then run in after the Lucian alliance lads were dead and resuscitate Telford again?
    They would have put a gun to telfords head long before asphyxiating.
    Ronanc1 wrote: »
    One thing that i realised upon watching this one Was "why do the lucian alliance want destiny"

If they have nearly all the intel gathered on her since the icarus refugees arrived they'd know that its a bucket of boltes barely held together, really old in comparison to current lantean tech consider ftl VS hyperdrive, there isnt even access to the vital systems plus its a fight to stay alive on board regarding food and water and whats the point, destiny is what like 6/7 galaxies away and unfathomable distance what possible use could keeva and her hundred or so make with it, considering they'd never get back to the milkyway in their lifespans even if they coould figure out how to get control of navigation and they cant gate back!

Its surely more than 6 or 7, dont be fooled because that camera cut away from the starmap in the first ep. The old girl is waaaaaaaaaaaay out there. Assume it can cross a galaxy in a year or two. Hell, even 10. And its been out doing that for millions of years.

As for the LA, **** why didnt they come with more equipment? stupid begrudgers. I wouldve come with all sorts of fancy science gear. Guns, like :rolleyes: you're going to a desert island and you dont have to pack that light!

• Registered Users Posts: 867 ✭✭✭somuj

We dont know anything much about Destiny's FTL. Could be 10 times better and more efficient than hyperdrive technology.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,811 ✭✭✭BaconZombie

The one major plot whole is the transfer of pain between Telford and Rush.

The Taser type device to the neck did not transfer but suffocation did ???

Lucian Defiance

well one knocks you unconcius, the other will kill you, so i think you might feel a pinch anyway :D

• Advertisement

McKay
    We dont know anything much about Destiny's FTL. Could be 10 times better and more efficient than hyperdrive technology.

Im pretty sure i remember rush saying it wasnt as fast as hyperdrive in one of the early episodes and it makes sense that way, this was launched prior to the ancients ascending and i think its implied from the rough not nearly as slick designs of other lantean tech like atlantis that the ftl is a slower earlier design of space travel
    Its surely more than 6 or 7, dont be fooled because that camera cut away from the starmap in the first ep. The old girl is waaaaaaaaaaaay out there. Assume it can cross a galaxy in a year or two. Hell, even 10. And its been out doing that for millions of years.

My point exactly why would you choose to go to a ship that far out, so far you'd never get it home in your lifetime considering as you said it took it hundreds of thousands of years to get to where it is, kiva mentioned or maybe telford that they were going to claim it for the good of humankind of the galaxy because earthlings are selfish etc or something like that

but the ships no use to them out there and neither can they gate back it just doesnt make much sense theyve practically stranded themselves

Lucian Defiance
    the information alone stored in destinys memeory is reason enough to attempt it, think of how much information there is about civilsations and technology that destiny has, its visited hundreds of galaxies over the last few hundred thousand years,

i think maybe destiny was just programmed to seed the universe with gates, the seeder ship is probably ploting a course to wherever the raw material is to build the gates, id say there could be dozens if not hundreds of ships scouting planets for material, and for lifesupporting planets, so the manufactureing ships come to top up it supplies, built as many stargates with them and seeds them on a life supporting planet,

also the ancients must have had a way to get home after they came aboard destiny, we know it was early in there civiliastion that they launched destiny, as all there gate need that control pad to dial, (one thing i dont understand is why would you seed so many gates around the universe with no way of dialing the bloody thing,) so i think its safe to assume there is a way home,

Lucian Defiance

• Registered Users Posts: 8,811 ✭✭✭BaconZombie

That the first thing I thought of, was trying to remember actually what happened to her, it the link swapped when she died.
    Overheal wrote: »

• Registered Users Posts: 461 ✭✭Drodan

Wasn't it said before that Destiny always stopped that alien race from bording? If Destiny has a level of AI where it can put up a defence against intruders maybe it dropped out of FTL because the incoming wormhole ment people were not on the ship that shouldn't be, and it won't jump back into FTL unless they're all "taken care of". They guy dying was very much like a manipulation of the shields and the ship in essence "attacking" him.

Eli and Chloe will definitely find something useful too, they have to. I'm hoping some sort large shuttlebay thing area something awesome and full of crazy ancient tech.

I think the show has everything in it btw, completely loving it.

Lucian Defiance
    Drodan wrote: »
    Eli and Chloe will definitely find something useful too, they have to. I'm hoping some sort large shuttlebay thing area something awesome and full of crazy ancient tech.

I figure we should start taking bets now on what they'll find.....

I'm gonna go with.... cockpit.
    That or Franklin all melded with the ship in some grusome man/machine cyborg esk type of way. That'd be cool.

Lucian Defiance
    yeah i was thinking theyll fine the bridge alright, or maybe find something thats draining loads of power that can be easily fixed, thus saving powere and letting them explore more of the ship,

i dont understand though why they havent been exploring the ship all along, and how they only found those elevators,

Lucian Defiance
    don ramo wrote: »
    yeah i was thinking theyll fine the bridge alright, or maybe find something thats draining loads of power that can be easily fixed, thus saving powere and letting them explore more of the ship,

i dont understand though why they havent been exploring the ship all along, and how they only found those elevators,

Yeah I agree, you'd imagine it'd be the first order of business.
    Sure its not the safest but its not like they are safe there as it is?
    At least if they are actily searchin destiny they have the chance of stumbelling accross something usefull. Its one of the very first things to do in a survival situation... scout your area, get the lay of the land and salvage anything of use.... not bang any chick in site .... SCOTT! :D

I know where they are right now (at the nose of the ship) is a bit away from their usual haunt of the rear of the ship but with the amount of fannying about they have done they surely could have spared some teams to explore the ship their stuck on instead of waiting round for teams to get back through the gate etc.

Lucian Defiance
    Drodan wrote: »
    Wasn't it said before that Destiny always stopped that alien race from bording? If Destiny has a level of AI where it can put up a defence against intruders maybe it dropped out of FTL because the incoming wormhole ment people were not on the ship that shouldn't be, and it won't jump back into FTL unless they're all "taken care of". They guy dying was very much like a manipulation of the shields and the ship in essence "attacking" him.

I think the show has everything in it btw, completely loving it.
    I think the key difference before and then was the icarus crew is using up life support and all that - either destiny's shields were a lot tougher, or, the areas like the Control Room and Gate room were in shielded sections. The areas where chloe was abducted were probably not sensitive. In effect they were never able to gain any access to destiny's systems.

Chloe and Eli I almost suspect will find the chamber where your man is now linked into the ship or something.

McKay
    For anyone interested the reason they were forced outta ftl and probably that guys death was
    a binary pulsar or so i could make out from part two in ukranian

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,403 ✭✭✭The Gnome

Lucian Defiance
    For anyone interested the reason they were forced outta ftl and probably that guys death was

Interesting, I was thinking something along the lines of
    a Gamma Ray Burst
    so I wasn't too far off.

I'm hoping the LA don't hang around too long, or at least not integrate Voyager style. I'd rather they continue focusing on characterising the guys we have. Plus Greer is suspicious enough of the civvies as it is. Having to see LA soldiers strolling around would give him an aneurysm.

Would be interesting if Eli and Chloe found some Ancients in suspended animation. They should also be busting out those robots more, pretty sure they can handle some of the hazardous situations that occur. Send one in to the gate room and weld some faces off god damn it!

McKay
    pretty sure they can handle some of the hazardous situations that occur. Send one in to the gate room and weld some faces off god damn it!

ha yeah i was thinking the exact same thing! I do have a feeling that the LA will be sticking around, a culling of them and the rest integrate voyager style,

** Season 2 casting spoilers **
    in fact the more i think about it the more it rings true as i was reading here or on gateworld about the addition of a LA scientist that will play counter to rush in season 2 so the likelyhood of some of them sticking round is high ill try find the link

think this is it
    http://www.gateworld.net/news/2010/02/sgu-casting-recurring-villain-for-season-two/[/quote]

Lucian Defiance
    ha yeah i was thinking the exact same thing! I do have a feeling that the LA will be sticking around, a culling of them and the rest integrate voyager style,

in fact the more i think about it the more it rings true as i was reading here or on gateworld about the addition of a LA scientist that will play counter to rush in season 2 so the likelyhood of some of them sticking round is high ill try find the link

think this is it
    http://www.gateworld.net/news/2010/02/sgu-casting-recurring-villain-for-season-two/
    yeah also robert knepper (t-bag from prison break) is
    suppose to have an arc as a LA member next season, so id say its safe to assume there sticking around for a bit,

• Registered Users Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

Lucian Defiance
    For some reason didn't comment in this thread after I watched the episode (dunno why), but absolutely loved every minute... Roll on the finale...

• Registered Users Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

Lucian Defiance
    don ramo wrote: »
    yeah also robert knepper (t-bag from prison break) is
    suppose to have an arc as a LA member next season, so id say its safe to assume there sticking around for a bit,

Good stuff - hopefully that'll work out better for him than his stint on Heroes...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,397 ✭✭✭Evolute

Sherifu wrote: »
    Whatever happened to the guy killed at the locked door I assume was some kind of harmful rays external to the ship that weren't blocked out by the shield. The suggestion that it may be Franklin would be cool but I suspect it's linked to why they haven't re-entered hyperspace. I'm guessing some kind of harmful rays.

I also doubt Eli & Chloe are at the front of the ship for no reason. I'm thinking they'll find something there to defeat the Lucian Alliance or else uncover some new function the ship has.

It was the shield you got to see it flickering before it hit him That and while he was disintergrating it was the same colour as the shield.
    Probably done by franklin trying to give a hand or the ship itself helping because they shouldnt have been in the damaged corridor.

I reckon Eli and Chloe will find a bridge command centre with a big chair type thing like atlantis.
    Maybe a stash of weapons left on the ship by the ancients
    Or a stasis chamber with someone who was appointed caretaker of the ship possibly Franklin or an Ancient.

Also that was one hell of a cliff hanger and I can't wait for the next episode.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,653 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

Lucian Defiance
    Really good episode, what I found interesting was Greers reaction to Scott making a move against Young, he not only stopped him but pushed him back. So it seems clear his loyalty is with his commander and not his friend.

Also regarding what killed the LA soldier, from Gateworld:
    NEW! June 6 - "Lives are lost in this high-stakes season finale. A showdown between the Destiny and the Lucian Alliance is interrupted by deadly bursts of radiation ..."

• Registered Users Posts: 17,727 ✭✭✭✭Sherifu

Lucian Defiance
    Thanks, my Ukrainian isn't the best :D but that goes along with what I suspected it was.
    Evolute wrote: »
    It was the shield you got to see it flickering before it hit him That and while he was disintergrating it was the same colour as the shield.
    Probably done by franklin trying to give a hand or the ship itself helping because they shouldnt have been in the damaged corridor.
    The shield flickering can easily be from something external which I suspect it will be.

Lucian Defiance
    Really good episode, what I found interesting was Greers reaction to Scott making a move against Young, he not only stopped him but pushed him back. So it seems clear his loyalty is with his commander and not his friend.
    Well given the way they've established Greer's character, loyalty is a big thing for him.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,990 Mod ✭✭✭✭ixoy

Finally got around to watching this!

I enjoyed it and I really like the momentum they have building up. I'd be very surprised if Franklin isn't behind the ship's seeming sentient defence.

Young was on good form too here - he really came very close to killing Telford-in-Rush. Convincing.

I'm kinda resigned to the idea that the Lucian Alliance are the new Maquis and will be integrated. Hopefully though it will be done better than Voyager where the integration was far too smooth and rarely used for decent dramatic effect. The tensions between the military and civilians is well played out so I've some hope they can do it.

Advertisement