Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Phillip Cairns disappeared off the face of the earth

Options
124»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,941 ✭✭✭caseyann

realies wrote: »
    Only heard about this today,live nearby. It seems it was kept well quite.

I know of another one,that the only reason i ever found out what actually happened (as i remember it as a child and the commotion) was because i asked someone who actually lived in the area where it happened.
    How many more of these cases are on the qt?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 292 ✭✭Resend

caseyann wrote: »
    Something i never heard of and i am sure no one else ever heard of i found the other day online.
    Anyone ever hear of this one?
    http://www.herald.ie/national-news/satanic-killing-that-shocked-the-nation-2660440.html
    I dont know the full story as all details still have no been released.

Satanic killing that shocked the nation
    forgotten: Case re-emerged in inquest decades later,
    IT was a 1973 satanic killing that failed to grip a nation until now.

Seven-year-old John Horgan was tied to the rafters in an attic before being brutally killed.

But the case didn't receive much attention until it re-emerged during an inquest this week.

Now the Herald can reveal that the killer was tried in an adult court and was given a life sentence.

He has since been released and is living abroad.

Tragic John spent the afternoon of June 14, 1973 in the care of a trusted teenage neighbour while his mother went to town.

He had been killed by a massive blow to the head which had fractured his skull.

It should have been one of the most talked-about murders of the 1970s but it went largely unreported and fizzled out of public memory.

But an inquest was held into his death on Tuesday and the shocking murder came flooding back into the public consciousness.
    why wait all that time for an inquest? and there is a book being published which might explain why it made the papers this time

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,941 ✭✭✭caseyann

Resend wrote: »
    why wait all that time for an inquest? and there is a book being published which might explain why it made the papers this time

I agree,from what i read they acted like it never happened and was brushed under the carpet very quickly.:( Poor baby R.I.P and condolences to his family.
    How does someone become satanist alone?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement