Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Man died after falling from an ambulance (Mod note post 1)

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

How does this work for the driver of the ambulance? If the patient was having a heart attack when this happened it's reasonably safe to assume he's in a bad way. Does the driver have to secure the doors then leave his mate in the road to rush the other guy to hospital or what? I can only assume thats a very hard choice to make (assuming it's his choice) either way I'd say he felt all the worse for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 585 ✭✭✭deise48

thats awful rip but also the staff of the hse must feel awful as well

• Registered Users Posts: 384 ✭✭Erica<3

What a horrific and sudden way to die, and in the course of duty too.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,659 ✭✭✭unknown13

Dying while helping another person.

My taughts are with his family

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,737 ✭✭✭MidlandsM

This is horrible news....RIP.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,251 ✭✭✭Buford T Justice

In short - Fuck! What a terrible tragedy

RIP.

Horrible story.
    <snip>

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,249 ✭✭✭DubMedic

Very sad news to hear.

Ar dheis Dé go raibh a anam.

[quote=[Deleted User];66226680]Horrible story.
    <snip>[/QUOTE]

Oh I'm sorry, I thought it was a discussion forum and that was part of the discussion. :rolleyes:
    Post edited by Boards.ie: Mike on

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 35,943 Mod ✭✭✭✭dr.bollocko

[quote=[Deleted User];66226819]Oh I'm sorry, I thought it was a discussion forum and that was part of the discussion. :rolleyes:[/QUOTE]

Izzy I've seen plenty of these threads derailed because people feel the urge to discuss what should and should not be discussed on after hours. Frankly I'm fed up of it, with all due respect. There is such a thing as a time and a place. There is a feedback forum, you can PM any of the mods with your concerns or report any posts you take issue with. I'm just trying to say that this is not the time or place to have the discussion about what should and should not be fair game in AH. Again. Please PM me if you want to continue this discussion.

If anyone has any questions drop me a private message and lets get back to the thread's topic. Thanks.
    Post edited by Boards.ie: Mike on

• Advertisement

Always a tragedy when someone in the business of helping others dies during it.

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭vonnie10

this is such a terrible tragedy!! I know the man in question as he was a family friend and lived nearby and i can honestly say he was on the nicest people around!! So good natured and and a dedicated family man. This story is so tragic as he has such a young family he has six kids with the oldest only 14 and the youngest 4. He was such a well respected member of the community always involved in everything from football to the local drama group!! He had time for everybody and looked after his elderly parents who were in bad health i don't know how they will manage without him and his wife who is such a lovely woman is now left with 6 young kids ( who are the most well mannered children i have ever met all 6 of them )
    He was such a gent. He was travelling at high speed to dublin and was treating a patient that had suffered a heart attack when he leaned against the door when he fell out. I don't understand how this could happen as i can't believe that there is no light or alarm on the door to alert people that it is not closed properly its a disgrace
    Anyway a brilliant paramedic, excellent son and even better father is now no longer in our community!! It's our loss RIP
    I love this quote by Kahil Gibran
    " When you are sorrowful look in your heart and you will see that in truth you are weeping for that which has been your delight"

• Registered Users Posts: 10,257 ✭✭✭✭Standard Toaster

^^^^

Exactly why 'funny' comments on this thread should not be tolerated.
    Sorry to hear vonnie10, he sounded like a true gent.

RIP

• Registered Users Posts: 2,919 ✭✭✭Bob the Builder

Devastating Accident.

He died doing his job. And I respect the man for dying doing the job he saved so many other people doing.

May he rest in peace.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,262 ✭✭✭✭Joey the lips

This is one of those freaky things where your left in shock and horror that something like this could happen.,

• Closed Accounts Posts: 66 ✭✭dotcom13

Such a shame, RIP colleague.

Respect on this thread please for this poor man, family and colleagues.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,789 ✭✭✭Caoimhín

43 year old man with 6 kids.

Such a tragedy, too sad to contemplate.

• Registered Users Posts: 957 ✭✭✭GrizzlyMan

sh1t I now most of the ambulance crue in Cavan, hope He is not someone I know:(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,172 ✭✭✭cosmic

Jesus, this is so tragic :( My heart goes out to his family and colleagues.

Advertisement