Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Football and hurling tips

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,849 ✭✭✭glanman

two seperate bets, total went down to 15.5 so backed that as well, pretty obvious I would think... 4 21 yard frees missed, ffs.

Anyway, shouldn't you be studying

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,899 ✭✭✭coughlan08

oh rite,best of luck

well i have accounting tomo,but am pretty sorted for that so am taking the evening off.
    im actually on the way to the cork game,,technology these days ehhh.:p

• Registered Users Posts: 5,339 ✭✭✭El Horseboxo

ppac.jpg

Sorry for the after post but just had this one come through from an in play bet. GAA is the only sport that i'll bet huge on when in play. Love the gut feelings. Anyways 1100 in the bag.

i agree with you 100% El Horseboxo, the in play betting is very attactive and is by far the most profitable area, in my view anyway.
    its just hard to wait for that weekend to come around so it can be exploited again.:p
    well done by the way.

The Cork game is going to be an interesting one. I can see Cork hitting a huge number of points. Gonna wait until i can judge the game and once it hits that sweet point i reckon i'll lump on. Might take Aisake to score over 2.5 for now though.

• Advertisement

coughlan08 wrote: »
    oh ya sorry, 4/5 returns of €360, so profit of €160.

ive went for this tomorrow,cant believe the odds,
    as a cork man i will be at the game and am predicting a big win but not at -18 points,,im seriously going to take advantage of this,
    limerick will have nothing to lose so will go out fighting for the first half but corks class will shine through in the end..
    am predicting a win between 10-13 points
    my bets are as follows;

GAA Hurling Matches
    Cork v Limerick
    2010-06-20 16:00:00
    Alternative Handicap
    Limerick (+19.0)
    4/9
    €300 returns €433

GAA Hurling Matches
    Cork v Limerick
    2010-06-20 16:00:00
    First to Score a Goal for their Team
    K Murphy
    9/2
    €25 returns €137.5
    he had a very quiet game against tipp but am expecting a big performance from the captain "fraggie murphy"

bet of the week has to go to limerick +19 points

best of luck

again,,easy as you like,left the game with 5 mins to go so missed the last goal scored by cork,,final score was, cork=2-19to limerick=12+19 points=31.so the bet won..

again kieran murphy was very poor,surely his place is at risk,niall mc carthy was for a change very good,but all be it to a 14 man limerick team,
    great effort by limerick,we know how the fans must feel as cork were in similar disputes in the past.
    total profit from todays game 133-25=108
    and yesterday with tyrone =160
    total profit from gaa this weekend =€268
    bring on next week eh...:p

• Registered Users Posts: 7,542 ✭✭✭kingshankly

Louth are 11/8 with pp think this is too big a price.
    I would have them slight fav for the match. confidence is high among the camp and should give a good account of theirselves

• Registered Users Posts: 12,009 ✭✭✭✭L'prof

Opinions on this bet? I know it's very unlikely as I've made too many selections, but individually are they likely to happen?

Westmeath +2.0
    Meath +3.0
    Tipperary +4.0
    Fermanagh +6.0
    London +11.0
    Sligo +4.0
    Antrim +4.0
    Longford +7.0
    Donegal +4.0
    Wicklow +3.0
    Carlow +10.0
    Clare +5.0

€1 accum returns €70.77

• Registered Users Posts: 7,542 ✭✭✭kingshankly

didn't get a great run there mate gone at the first hurdle

• Registered Users Posts: 12,009 ✭✭✭✭L'prof

didn't get a great run there mate gone at the first hurdle

2nd hurdle, but no...fairly crap alright :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 287 ✭✭RocketRonnie

Bernard Brogan is 6/5 for over 4.5 points v Meath, which seems a big price....
    I know T.Quinn is starting so he may start on the free's but i still think it's a very attractive price..!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,838 ✭✭✭✭3hn2givr7mx1sc

Have a 7-team accumulator for tomorrow, I've missed them since the soccer leagues finished.:P

Galway(-1.0) v Sligo
    Wexford(-9.0) v Longford
    Monaghan(-1.0) v Fermanagh
    Laois(-1.0) v Tipperary
    Dublin(-2.0) v Meath
    Westmeath(-1.0) v Louth
    Antrim(-5.0) v Down

Around 92/1.:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,014 ✭✭✭dotsflan

backed louth at 13/10, was very surprised they were such a big price! i would have priced this match the other way round

baz2009 wrote: »
    Have a 7-team accumulator for tomorrow, I've missed them since the soccer leagues finished.:P

Galway(-1.0) v Sligo
    Wexford(-9.0) v Longford
    Monaghan(-1.0) v Fermanagh
    Laois(-1.0) v Tipperary
    Dublin(-2.0) v Meath
    Westmeath(-1.0) v Louth
    Antrim(-5.0) v Down

Around 92/1.:pac:

Bet has failed but some of the handicaps are unreal... monaghan won by 7, wexford by 25 v london, and antrim by 19...

Done a lucky 31 in draws, only galway game up, tipp game was close but had tipp backed at 9/5 to win so thats ok. also had wexford/london game to have over 1.5 goals but that only covered the loss on the bet I had for the 2nd half to be higher scoring... also had sligo to score over 13.5 points, awful shooting cost me there! all in all broke even...a draw in louth game would put me up a few euro

• Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭chats

arbing opportunity on louth wmeath game?

2.2 to win on PP and lay them at 2.0 on Bfair...

Louth +0.0 @ 11/10
    Stake: 20.00 Single
    Potential Winnings: 22.00

• Registered Users Posts: 417 ✭✭Berti Vogts

glanman wrote: »
    Louth +0.0 @ 11/10
    Stake: 20.00 Single
    Potential Winnings: 22.00

I got them at 13/10 on PP.

I got them at 13/10 on PP.

Ya I know I could have got them better but only bet365 are giving odds on it out of all my accounts. Only an extra 4 quid in the end if it wins. They should be up by more, the better team, but 3 up at halftime is ok! Their midfield is very good.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,566 ✭✭✭patmac

Almost clicked again had 3 €0.50 Lucky 15's on draws Offaly-Clare, Kildare-antrim both drew had Tipp and Laois drawn would have paid over €400 still got over €50 for €22.50 so again made money for the 4th week in a row.

• Registered Users Posts: 322 ✭✭noelpat

patmac wrote: »
    Almost clicked again had 3 €0.50 Lucky 15's on draws Offaly-Clare, Kildare-antrim both drew had Tipp and Laois drawn would have paid over €400 still got over €50 for €22.50 so again made money for the 4th week in a row.
    You should stick with it as long as your makin money thats what its all about.

• Advertisement

Don't like jinxing myself with the in running GAA bets by posting beforehand. Since i start winning i have become a bit superstitious in that respect. I have been making a fortune on the overs and unders. Hope people who like the sports and can read the game are following suit. A lot of money to be made.

ppscrn.jpg

Couldn't believe those odds when Kerry were on 6 and 7 points in the first half. Limerick had just put up 10 with the breeze behind the them. So surely Kerry could and a little bit more. Although they made me sweat for it when they went 14 mins without scoring.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,134 ✭✭✭x in the city

Don't like jinxing myself with the in running GAA bets by posting beforehand. Since i start winning i have become a bit superstitious in that respect. I have been making a fortune on the overs and unders. Hope people who like the sports and can read the game are following suit. A lot of money to be made.

ppscrn.jpg

Couldn't believe those odds when Kerry were on 6 and 7 points in the first half. Limerick had just put up 10 with the breeze behind the them. So surely Kerry could and a little bit more. Although they made me sweat for it when they went 14 mins without scoring.

nice winnings, how does that overs work? how much did you bet to win, 400e+ ?

nice winnings, how does that overs work? how much did you bet to win, 400e+ ?

If you look at the image you will see the amount staked below the 3 winning amounts. The 3 minus figures are the stakes. For me to win the 450 i put 200 on odds of 2.25.

GAA in play is the only sport i really bet big amounts on because i can probably read it more than most sports and feel confident in throwing down that amount. I usually bet on the overs unless there's a good line on the unders. Normally i never bet within the first 10 minutes of the game so i can get a read on it unless i feel the bookies are slow to correctly price the odds. Sometimes there can be a game where a team has 7 points with 5 minutes left in the first half and they have the line set at over/under 13.5 points and the odds could be evens or slightly more for the overs. Depending on the team, form so far, weather conditions and importance of the match you can find serious value. Need to be sitting at the tv and computer and constantly watching though because they change so quick.

• Registered Users Posts: 757 ✭✭✭colly_06

Anyone know the result of the Laois vs Meath ladies match? Can't find it anywhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,744 ✭✭✭funnyname

• Registered Users Posts: 757 ✭✭✭colly_06

Ah thank you.
    Powers still have it pending :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,566 ✭✭✭patmac

4 draws Lucky 15 this weekend
    Football
    Offaly v Waterford,
    Meath v Louth,
    Hurling
    CorkvWaterford
    DublinvClare

• Registered Users Posts: 528 ✭✭✭Sir Vival

I've gone for this accumalator...
    (1) Down to beat longford.
    (2) Armagh to beat fermanagh.
    (3) Meath to beat louth.
    (4) Cork to beat waterford.

€15 returns €49.24

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,584 ✭✭✭digme

ppscrn.jpg

unreal bets horsebox :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 39,505 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

Hurling wise I think Clare -1 v Dublin @ evs today is a great bet. Dublin havent been good at all this year and seem to be suffering from second season syndrome. Clare have brought through some of their all ireland winning U-21 team and were v good against Waterford in their first game.

Clare minors +3 v Waterford @ 10/11 is also a good bet. The Waterford boys have played 2 tough games against Cork since Clare last played and with the most recent only being on Wednesday night, tiredness could be an issue here. I think Clare could win this, but the 3 point head start is great value imo

Still waiting for official team news from Waterford for the senior game. If you can get good odds on Shane Walsh for first goal though, get on. Have it under good authority he's gonna start full forward.

Advertisement