Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

CLOSES TODAY:Win an iPhone and a VIP stay at the Carlsberg Cat Laughs Comedy Festival

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 101 ✭✭catlovesmike

with Arj Barker! Loved him in flight of the concordes...a case of supporting cast taking all the laughs!
    Please oh please........... ;-)

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭roroduff

It would have to be Maeve Higgins. I think she is the funniest person ever. Ive seen her live 4 times and ahe has been amazing every time. I can imagine I would be in tears laughing with her and she doesnt really try to be funny - she just is. She obviously doenst need the drink to be funny which is better for me because Ill be driving.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,606 ✭✭✭schemingbohemia

David O'Doherty - because he's the funniest man not only at the festival but in the world.

Maybe sneak a few pints into the music shop from 'Once' and he could pull out his synth and put it on top of the Grand Piano and sing his funny songs - though perhaps St Canice's Cathedral might be a better spot - he could play his songs through the organ!

• Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭venividivici

Ardal O'Hanlon, few pints on Tom's rock on Craggy Island..
    tom+father+ted.jpg

Why you ask..??
    Well firstly I wanna teach him some new jokes..
    [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Dougal: Knock Knock[/FONT]
    [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Ted: Who's there?[/FONT]
    [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Dougal: Father Dougal McGuire[/FONT]
    [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Ted: Goodnight Dougal[/FONT]

Then I wanna know more about this film..
    Father Dougal: Did you ever see that film, Ted, where your man has his head transplanted onto a fly, and the fly's head was transplanted onto the man?
    Father Ted: Oh, yes... what was it called...?
    Father Dougal: "Out Of Africa", I think. Anyway, your man has the head of the fly and he's chasing his wife all over the place and she's hiding the jam and everything so he won't get stuck in it...

Last but not least no drunken eejits would start on us with Tom around..
    Tom: Father
    Ted: Yes Tom?
    Tom: I killed a man
    Ted: Did you Tom? I'll have to talk to you later. I'm doing an interview for the television

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,417 ✭✭✭Miguel_Sanchez

Simon Amstell because I want to congratulate him on taking so many jumped-up rock stars down a peg or two when he was hosting Never Mind The Buzzcocks.

Plus after a few hours and a few pints with him I'd have enough put-downs to tackle Comeback Cormac, my friend who always has a smart remark for everyone.

Well Cormac we'll see who's a 'complete failure at life', 'fit for nothing except drinking and sleeping' and 'a blight on society that should be deported or put down' when I get back from having a pint with Simon Amstell won't we?

WON'T WE?????? :mad:

Also - I'd like to have it in Little Andy's in Kilkenny! Best Guinness in the whole city town. ;)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,123 ✭✭✭stepbar

I'd like to have a pint with Dara O'Briain in The Dawson's Lounge (The Smallest Pub In Ireland).... just to watch him come down the stairs without hitting his skull off the ceiling above!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,419 ✭✭✭tommy21

I'd have a pint with Ardal O' Hanlon in Vaughan's on Craggy Island, and then another and another ... by the end of the night we'd be singing My Lovely Horse for the night
    MyLovelyHorse.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 816 ✭✭✭eliza64

I would love to have a drink with Jarlath Regan. I loved the tv show he did about preforming in Edinburgh.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,161 ✭✭✭Kimono-Girl

Dara O Brian, because he robbed my mums biscuits when he did a gig in city limits when she worked there, and i would like to know when he plans on buying her another pack like he promised...:D i'd also like to ask why before gigs there he would hide under the bar...

• Registered Users Posts: 138 ✭✭SirIrish

It would have to be PJ Gallagher. In some pub in the sticks with him done up as "Dirty Auld One". I think the craic would be great. I reckon I'd be laughing too much to get drunk though That would be a downside.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,060 ✭✭✭Sarn

It would have to be Maeve Higgins, in the Library Bar, with a pint of Carlsberg.

How could one resist the opportunity of a refreshing beverage while discussing the finer points of the art of comedy with that wondrous Cork accent and wit! Whilst some might consider the appreciation of that alluring accent by a Dubliner as beyond the Pale, I would welcome it as a balm to any festering county rivalry. With a night full of alcohol, humour and hyperbole, how else could I go wrong?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,687 ✭✭✭Raoul

Arj Barker and anywhere really. Who cares where the pint is. Dont even need a pint!!! Just to meet him. The man is hilarious and just love his sense of humour. Especially how he dealt with one woman that kept interrupting him.

• Registered Users Posts: 732 ✭✭✭elmer

Dara Ó Briain to get tips on life in bray :D

• Registered Users Posts: 12,600 ✭✭✭✭errlloyd

Tom Gleeson while at a small quiet James Blunt gig...

Anyone who doesn't understand why....

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,464 ✭✭✭Celly Smunt

Dara for being such a good serving catholic athiest

• Registered Users Posts: 1,776 ✭✭✭highgiant1985

karl spain in left bank to see if he can find a woman.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭monkeyfudge

David O'Doherty.

He's the most likely to appreciate my obscure collection of synths.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 barenakedlady

of all the comedians performing id like to have a pint with PJ Gallagher. i love the way he finds everyone else funny. the best place to be would be in the middle of town with a couple of flaggons and we could sightsee. Yes all the nutbags that meander their way through town that we love to look at. we'd have such a laugh sitting on some wall getting pissed watching the madding crowd!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,440 ✭✭✭✭Piste

Maeve Higgins, I've been watching her new show "Fancy Vittles" and I find her take on life so hilarious. Also she makes so many references to Cobh, and my mum's from there I spent a good bit of time there when I was younger, so I get all her little jokes. Basically I'd like to have a pint (or vodka and coke, she doesn't seem the pint kind!) and chat about Cobh and general small-town mentalities! I've a feeling we'd bond over lamenting the loss of flouncing around a kitchen in pretty dresses making hors d'ourves and hosting tea parties!

• Registered Users Posts: 372 ✭✭Nidot

Has to be Karl Spain hasn't it.

Ask him about all the mad nights out he's had with comedy over the years, like the guy looks like he enjoys the odd tipple so he's gotta have some stories. Then hopefully get him to work something funny that happened to me into his routine, like when I attacked a parked car with a brush, don't know why I did it at the time just did it. So convince him to work that into his routine.

Then probably have a jam with him playing some incredibly kitsch music like Journey. Then head to a club and dance the night away (i.e. get to live off the scraps of women who come over to talk to Karl and then I act as his best friend and get them ooohhh yyyeeeaaahhh). We could even make a show about it, call it Karl Spain Needs a Woman - For his incredibly sleazy friend who lives off his scraps (don't know would it fit on the sky planner though so rte might have to make some changes to the title. But I guarantee it'd be a TV Now awards winner for sure.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 753 ✭✭✭p15574

Dara O Brian - would like to find out what he really thinks of the English. Confidentially, like.

Oh, and also how he made the leap from studying Theoretical Physics to Stand Up Comedy - or is there a link there?

• Registered Users Posts: 221 ✭✭twitch1984

Itwould have to be a pint with Rich Hall, because he seems like the kind of lad that when he goes for a pint its a proper session, and any time I see him I get a faceache from laughing

• Registered Users Posts: 379 ✭✭jim_bob

Definitely would have to be Dara O'Briain, just so I could get some pointers , after his last show the other half turns around and says “ I wonder what it would be like to be married to someone so funny” :o

• Registered Users Posts: 7,541 ✭✭✭Heisenberg.

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭snowfinch

Dara O'Briain as I think he is hilarious and I would make him tell me his underwear swan story again!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,828 ✭✭✭unklerosco

For me it'd have to be Jason Byrne, seen him a good few times but the first time I saw him was at a tiny student bar in Dunlaoighre... He told a story(in great detail) about how to get a BJ from a budgie.. I just wanna know what happened to that budgie

• Registered Users Posts: 2,777 ✭✭✭dmcg90

Tommy Tiernan, Id get the round in, I managed to kick him the face with a football (by accident I swear) outside a local gym and ran off so I do kinda need to apologise for that.

• Registered Users Posts: 10 mazz4

Katherine Lynch

Just because id like to give her one :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 97 ✭✭doohan

Andy Parsons, the reason being he is an angry man just like me and so really would like to tear the world a "new one" over some pints and sort this god forsaken place out once and for all!
    Thanks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,849 ✭✭✭glanman

I would love to have a pint with Ardal O' Hanlon.

I would talk to him about:

Tea and how many cups one person can really have in one day;
    How he kept his hands off Mrs Doyle over all those years;
    Why he left the priesthood and became a superhero;

This would all be done of course while playing a game of Buckaroo!!

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.

Advertisement