Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mullingar Meetup?

Options
  • 01-06-2010 10:45am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,750 ✭✭✭

Interested to see how many of you would be interested in some kind of meetup in Mullingar. I know it would be absolutely tiny, but it might be a nice way to meet some new people in town and make some new friends. Might be funny to see how many of us already know each other.. small town syndrome and all!

Would anyone be interested in this? And if so, any suggestions for what we could do? Perhaps a beers, or a cinema trip or something.. there's not exactly a whole lot of options.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,925 ✭✭✭Otis Driftwood

Count me in anyway.Id say a beers would prolly be the easiest way to start.I dunno about you but the thoughts of a group of strangers going to the cinema together is a bit,strange.:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,750 ✭✭✭liah

I suppose, though it seems to have worked for the girls in the Ladies' Lounge. Either way, was just thinking of something for those who may not drink.

Another alternative is to go to a music pub like Danny's or the Stables so people who don't drink don't feel totally out of it and can enjoy the music. Danny's would be the best spot, imo-- it does get a bit packed, but it's free music and it's usually fairly decent no matter what night of the week. There's the quiz, too, again for those who might not drink.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,763 ✭✭✭✭Crann na Beatha

This post has been deleted.

'Course! Provided you don't start yelling at us in Russian. :p

• Advertisement

...Now I don't know which would be worse.. :pac:

Obaraten wrote: »
    I have a lovely Laois accent dont ya know;)

:eek:

:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 170 ✭✭coolguy

I would be interested in meeting up for a beers

• Registered Users Posts: 1,144 ✭✭✭CORaven

Sounds good, I'd be interested. Idm mind music or no music, but I like the consideration towards non-drinkers.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 217 ✭✭martin1

Yes, yes, I too would be interested in meeting you guys.............just one little question................Why Mullingar?? why not Athlone

• Registered Users Posts: 359 ✭✭jigglywoo

martin1 wrote: »
    Yes, yes, I too would be interested in meeting you guys.............just one little question................Why Mullingar?? why not Athlone

All the cool people are from Mullingar.

How about Ballymore, it's halfway between the two :p ...just kidding

• Registered Users Posts: 184 ✭✭stylers

another vote for a mullingar beers.. good idea liah :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 353 ✭✭molloyjazz

Athlone FTW... is this only for Mulligar heads or can any people from the Westmeath head?
    Could be Westmeath Beers and we change location every time we have a new meet up, this could greatly add to the numbers and of course the craic!

Anyone can attend sure, was just thinking it might be nice in the Gar since I believe there's been Athlone beers before, and I can't travel out but wouldn't mind meeting some new people.

so when and where is it gonna be ??

Don't know, waiting for suggestions!

Well from next week on I iz pretty free.Prolly a weekend would be best if ale is going to be involved.

ah sure we'll start the ball rolling so.. Danny's I reckon.. if somewhere quieter needed then Ulysses (the greville).. Caffreys can be very busy be times..

I dont like Dannys on a Saturday night as it gets too feckin crowded.Its grand any other night though.Con's is ok,pretty big and easy to chat in it.

• Advertisement

Danny's would be my pick, personally. I just like that there's free live music 6 out of 7 nights of the week. Especially since I don't drink much (monetary issues! :(). It does get a bit jammed, but they offer free reservations, could possibly take the little back area behind where the bands go?

Really not a fan of the Ulysses. Or the Stables. Old Stand is alright for the pool tables and (as far as I know) it isn't too busy, usually. Bit of an old man's pub though. Caffrey's is alright, Crossbar is alright. Still think Danny's is the nicest at the moment for a varied age crowd. Never been in Con's.

There's always Bed.. :p

I forgot about the reservation option for Byrnes,could be a good shout Missy.
    :)

As for Bed,that is a strange strange place.I cant remember the last time I saw such a mixed demographic of people in a bar/club.

Worst thing I saw was a 15 year old swilling WKD then swinging round the pole while being egged on by her mother.

*shudders

I love Bed, I legitimately think it's the best late spot in town. Mojo's is too full of 17 year olds and people who really shouldn't drink, Fence is always way too jammed, but the staff in Bed are nice, bouncers included, and tbh it's come a long, long way since Spin. It's a nice crowd and a nice environment, they've really done a lot to improve on it. Plus, the majority of my friends end up in there.. and it's free in. What's there to lose?!

Never have been nor will I ever be in Mojos,went to the Fench once and hated it,I actually think the Lane isnt bad.In general there is an area down the back that is easy to get to and hold onto as people seem to congregate around the dance floor.Plus on a Friday night its €3 drinks,they even sell pint bottles of cider for that price.Yahoo.

the Bed :eek: lets not frighten our fellow boardsies away from the town forever ! :p Anyway, what we are prob lookin for is somewhere we might actually hear each other, but with a bit of life too, so danny's might be the best option.. sure worry about the rest later..

Danny's it is so I reckon. What night of the week, and when are you people available (date wise)?

Prolly a weekend would be best,no work the next day and all that.Id be free nearly any Friday or Saturday night if someone wants to throw out suggestions anyway.

Friday might be better, just because it's absolutely jammed most Saturdays but Fridays aren't too brutal, usually. Depends on who's playing, though, too..

What about the first weekend in July?

a friday night sounds good to me. so thats place and time sorted.. now we just need more boardsies :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,556 ✭✭✭✭AckwelFoley

You should make this thread private, as there would be a danger of me possibly going! :pac:

Advertisement