Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Your Pet Hates.

Options
  • 28-05-2010 8:50pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,552 ✭✭✭

I seem to remember us having a thread like this, (I might've even made it) but I can't find it, so what the hell.

Let's hear about those little things that píss you right off, that make your blood boil, that make you want to stab kittens.

I'll start, and I have to be honest, this "<3" business is starting to annoy me. No idea why, it just does.
    Cue many posts with <3

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,492 ✭✭✭degausserxo

When people crack their knuckles. UGH.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,347 ✭✭✭si_guru

People who say brought when they mean bought.... it's just thick.

e.g. "LO I'm a chav an I just brought a new civic K4"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,082 ✭✭✭Pygmalion

My pet hates hedgehogs, he goes mad if he sees them around the garden.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,347 ✭✭✭Closed ac

When people say things like "that was low" or "that was uncalled for"

People who think it's cool to spit on the ground, it's not, it's disgusting.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,263 ✭✭✭MavisDavis

Headstrong, blind ignorance and intolerance. People who are so set in their hatred they won't even listen to reason. The BNP make my skin crawl.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,857 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

People who are intolerant of other people's cultures.

And the Dutch.

:cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,586 ✭✭✭sock puppet

And the Dutch.

Quoting Austin Powers 3.....

that was low

And the Dutch.

How 'bout no you crazy Dutch bástard!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 181 ✭✭Mute

Quoting Austin Powers 3.....

that was low

Quoting Gary Coleman.......now thats low!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,465 ✭✭✭highlydebased

Bad drivers/women drivers (No offence to them! =P)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,207 ✭✭✭Ally7

People who say I done and I seen that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 117 ✭✭LaughOrDie

Mute wrote: »
    Quoting Gary Coleman.......now thats low!

He just died.

Bad drivers/women drivers (No offence to them! =P)

Offence taken. I challenge you to a drive-off! We're racin' for pinks.. (to continue the quoting vein of the thread.)

MavisDavis wrote: »
    Offence taken. I challenge you to a drive-off! We're racin' for pinks.. (to continue the quoting vein of the thread.)

That'd actually be hilarious :p

That'd actually be hilarious :p

My wee micra can take you, I tells ya! C&H drag race.

Oh, I've got a really funny image of lads in drag running around now.. :pac:

Another pet hate: 'alot'. It's two words, people! Also, 'lols' - what do you mean "laughing out louds"? That makes no sense!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,164 ✭✭✭Konata

People reading over my shoulder. Actually makes me feel physically sick :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,779 ✭✭✭A Neurotic

Misuse of apostrophe's drives my fúcking head in. Fair enough if its in a school essay or whatever, but I get so angry when I see them shunted into words incorrectly in local newspaper's, prominent sign's etc. RAWR.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,164 ✭✭✭Konata

A Neurotic wrote: »
    Misuse of apostrophe's drives my fúcking head in. Fair enough if its in a school essay or whatever, but I get so angry when I see them shunted into words incorrectly in local newspaper's, prominent sign's etc. RAWR.

That made me a feel a bit nauseous to read :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,640 ✭✭✭DylanS09

I hate cats.... I can't stand them!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,893 ✭✭✭Davidius

When people have an irrational hatred of cats.

• Advertisement

Bad standards of journalism!

• Registered Users Posts: 170 ✭✭carmel27

People that say "I do be"......AAAAAGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHH.

And uggs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,640 ✭✭✭DylanS09

Davidius wrote: »
    When people have an irrational hatred of cats.

I'm sorry Davidius..
    But I find them disgusting...:confused:

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 47 lilka

shopkeepers who put your change on the counter when your holding out your hand...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,893 ✭✭✭Davidius

DylanS09 wrote: »
    I'm sorry Davidus..
    But I find them disgusting...:confused:
    But they're adorable. Cute little faces on them and all.

Now I want to pet a kitty.

• Moderators Posts: 8,678 ✭✭✭D4RK ONION

Customers who put their money on the counter when my hand is out :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,810 ✭✭✭Seren_

I hate it when people leave drawers and press doors lying open! Also, it annoys me when people don't tag their tracks correctly on iTunes/WMP etc. One of my friends has a load of songs just called "Sad song from Ghost" and "Nice Jazz song", no mention of the artist or title :/ I literally cannot look at her ipod.

• Registered Users Posts: 816 ✭✭✭gungun

when me mah ( :P ) gives out to me for being late getting up for school then proceeds to lets every car out in front of us on the way there >.>

• Closed Accounts Posts: 682 ✭✭✭illiop

The whole there - their - they're and your - you're thing.
    And those people who are academically quite intelligent but are idiots when it comes to the realy world/general knowledge...nobody else ever usually knows what i mean by that but those people DO exist and they drive me insane.
    Also people who are afraid of Spiders. Yeah, they're kinda icky but they're not going to fuppin' eat you!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,231 ✭✭✭Fad

A particular petrol station chain in Ireland.

Any of the senior management of the above.

My supervisor.

Confectionary and Soft drink deliveries (I have grown to actually not hate milk deliveries).

The Sunday Times, for its sheer pain in the arse size and the pain in backside that is assembling it.

The Daily Mail, for obvious reasons.

People who stand in front of you and pull out the second paper in the pile, despite the fact that the first one in perfect.

Taxi drivers who throw bank notes accross the counter (I have never met any one else who does this).

People who are too arrogant to read the fúcking instructions on the air machine, they are very very clear, you're just fúcking lazy.

People who bítch at me when the atm is either broken or out of twenties, I DIDN'T ****ing break it.

People who scowl at me like I píssed in their fúcking cornflakes while I serve them, don't act like I ruined your day you cúnt.

Kids trying to buy smokes.

Kids stealing shít in general

The vast majority of taxi drivers, a taxi driver coproduced one of my best friends and I have met some genuinely LOVELY ones, but by christ the majority of them are just arseholes.

Yeah.......Imma stop now, I really could go on for a good while longer >_<

Advertisement