Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Did the WHO cry wolf over swine flu?....Yes they did!

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,597 ✭✭✭Richard tea

jtsuited wrote: »
    Boom!!
    that was the sound of that post kicking the bejaysus out of this thread.

Nice input. Good job

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,455 ✭✭✭✭Monty Burnz

July it is so, But there is no smoke without fire
    Indeed. But sometimes the smoke comes from one of the thousands of other fires that you're not even aware of.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,619 ✭✭✭fontanalis

Indeed. But sometimes the smoke comes from one of the thousands of other fires that you're not even aware of.

Or from smoke bombs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,455 ✭✭✭✭Monty Burnz

fontanalis wrote: »
    Or from smoke bombs.
    Or smoke bombs. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,822 ✭✭✭iPlop

Or smoke bombs. :)

Or from many, many smoking chimpanzees:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,597 ✭✭✭Richard tea

Or from many, many smoking chimpanzees:)

Or from bombs containing smoke

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,619 ✭✭✭fontanalis

Or from bombs containing smoke

Or someone just makes smoke.
    So the vaccine really done the job of depopulation; what's the number at now?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,822 ✭✭✭iPlop

fontanalis wrote: »
    Or someone just makes smoke.
    So the vaccine really done the job of depopulation; what's the number at now?

Nearly 7 Billion or 6,914,673,039 to be exact +1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,etc...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,473 ✭✭✭robtri

where these smoke bombs imported by Mossad??

• Registered Users Posts: 3,630 ✭✭✭Oracle

"Tell them about the honey money Mummy"
    Yes the WHO cried wolf. national governments scared their citizens, the medical system co-operated and the drug companies made billions. In fact the WHO more than cried wolf, they created an international pandemic panic. As usual its all about the money:

http://www.guardian.co.uk/business/2010/apr/28/glaxo-pharmaceuticals-sales-figures
    http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/europe/austria/5915085/Inventor-of-Tamiflu-profits-from-swine-flu-pandemic.html
    http://www.telegraph.co.uk/finance/newsbysector/pharmaceuticalsandchemicals/6460849/AstraZeneca-profits-jump-on-swine-flu-vaccine.html

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 255 ✭✭Pixel8

uprising2 wrote: »
    I was going to treat/prevent it with Vitamin D, people called me mad at the time, but I was willing and able, I wanted to catch it, confirm it, have a day or 2 in bed and back to normal without any vaccine, I actually think I may have got it afterwards, but never had it confirmed.

hehe, i was doing the same!

I got what felt like it was going to be a really bad flu on Dec 28th, woke up with a really bad throat, feeling weak, coughing a lot, kinda stoned dizzy head feeling. Throughout the day, it just kept getting worse. Later on that evening i got some Vitamin D and took 15,000IU. Next day i was as good as new except still had a little bit of a cough, amazing stuff.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 837 ✭✭✭whiteonion

I never took swine flu vaccines. I said this is idiotic, there is no need to worry. As usual I was right. It's difficult to always be right like I am. It makes me somewhat smug.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

It makes you lucky. Not right.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 837 ✭✭✭whiteonion

humanji wrote: »
    It makes you lucky. Not right.
    I've never took a flu jab in my life yet never had any problems with the flu. Guess I'm more lucky than Gladstone Gander then... :D

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭louise5754

My brother contracted swine flu in early January. He has been in 4 different hospitals and was flown to Sweden for medical treatment. He was sedated for the better part of 4 months so all this crap about swine flu being a conspiracy is an insult to him, other swine flu survivors and victims and all the doctors and nurses we encountered since then. Its a relatively new disease and they are still studying it.
    My brother is still in hospital starting physio next week to build up muscles in his legs and arms. He has been on the brink of death more times than I can count and is extremely lucky to be alive. What saved him is his youth,fitness and the fact he is a non smoker with no underlying health issues.
    If you had seen the ICU ward in January at the height of the epidemic you would understand how terrifying it is.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 461 ✭✭Talk E

louise5754 wrote: »
    My brother contracted swine flu in early January. He has been in 4 different hospitals and was flown to Sweden for medical treatment. He was sedated for the better part of 4 months so all this crap about swine flu being a conspiracy is an insult to him, other swine flu survivors and victims and all the doctors and nurses we encountered since then. Its a relatively new disease and they are still studying it.
    My brother is still in hospital starting physio next week to build up muscles in his legs and arms. He has been on the brink of death more times than I can count and is extremely lucky to be alive. What saved him is his youth,fitness and the fact he is a non smoker with no underlying health issues.
    If you had seen the ICU ward in January at the height of the epidemic you would understand how terrifying it is.

It's an insult to your brother ? how come ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,584 ✭✭✭digme

did all the retards take the jab,yes they did.

• Site Banned Posts: 8,331 ✭✭✭Brown Bomber

louise5754 wrote: »

Sorry to hear about your brother. Can't imagine what he was sent to Sweden for though. Hope you didn't take a swine flu shot there or you could be zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzing.

A new Swedish study shows an increased risk of developing the sleeping disease narcolepsy for children vaccinated with swine flu vaccine Pandemrix, a drug manufactured by pharmaceutical giant GlaxoSmithKline.

The study, presented Tuesday by the Medical Products Agency (Läkemedelsverket), showed that children and adolescents under 20 vaccinated with Pandemrix could be up to four times as likely to develop narcolepsy than those not inoculated.

That means three cases out of every 100,000 that could be linked to the vaccination.

These results are similar to those presented by a recent Finnish study, which found that the risk of children suffering from narcolepsy was nine times higher for those vaccinated with Pandemrix.
    http://www.thelocal.se/32878/20110329/#

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

Sorry to hear about your brother. Can't imagine what he was sent to Sweden for though. Hope you didn't take a swine flu shot there or you could be zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzing.

If you happen to be from Sweden or Finland of course, but not most other countries, where no increase in narcolepsy was observed...
    Since August 2010, following widespread use of vaccines against influenza (H1N1) 2009, cases of narcolepsy, especially in children and adolescents, have been reported. Narcolepsy is a rare sleep disorder that causes a person to fall asleep suddenly and unexpectedly. The rates reported from Sweden, Finland and Iceland have been notably higher than those from other countries. Swedish and Finnish authorities have presented preliminary statements on their investigations in the first quarter of 2011.

On 1 February 2011, the National Institute for Health and Welfare of Finland issued a preliminary statement following an investigation into the cases of narcolepsy in Finland1 . A systematic retrospective registry-based review was conducted of all new narcolepsy cases diagnosed during 2006-2010. Cases from 2009-2010, who were born in 1990 or later, were reviewed using newly developed Brighton collaboration criteria for the disease. During 2009-2010 they found that the risk of narcolepsy among people aged 4-19 years old who had received pandemic influenza vaccine was nine times higher than that among those who had not been vaccinated. This corresponds to a risk of about 1 case of narcolepsy per 12,000 vaccinated in this age group. No increased risk has been seen in younger or older age groups.

The Swedish Medical Products Agency issued a preliminary report on 28 March 2011 following an investigation on pandemic influenza vaccination using data drawn from regional vaccination registries of four Swedish counties2. Covering a population of 5.3 million, the risk of narcolepsy was compared in vaccinated and unvaccinated individuals from October 2009 to December 2010. The Agency reported that the relative risk of narcolepsy was four times higher in vaccinated children and adolescents (born from 1990) compared to unvaccinated individuals. The relative risk estimate translates into an absolute risk of about 3 cases of narcolepsy in 100,000 vaccinated adolescents/children. The incidence rates for narcolepsy in adults irrespective of vaccination status were similar to historical national registry- based rates during the years before the pandemic period (i.e. about 1/100,000).

The only pandemic influenza vaccine used in Finland and Sweden was Pandemrix, an adjuvanted influenza A (H1N1) 2009 monovalent vaccine manufactured by GlaxoSmithKline.

Narcolepsy is a condition that has a strong genetic linkage, being almost uniquely seen in persons who have the (HLA) DQB1*0602 genotype. Of the cases of narcolepsy tested so far in Finland (n=29), diagnosed during 2009-2010, all have that genotype. The National Institute for Health and Welfare of Finland considers it probable that the Pandemrix vaccine was a contributing factor to this observed increase, and has called for further investigation of other co-factors that may be associated with the increased risk. They consider it most likely that the vaccine increased the risk of narcolepsy in a joint effect in those genetically disposed with some other, still unknown, genetic and/or environmental factors. The final report from the Finnish National Narcolepsy Task Force is expected by 31 August 2011.

The Swedish Medical Products Agency recognizes that further work is needed with respect to the findings in their preliminary report - particularly with regards to the verification of the diagnoses of the cases ascertained from the county health care databases. Also, in the report there is no assessment as to whether publicity about the purported association influenced rates in vaccinated compared to unvaccinated persons. Further investigations include a review by the European Medicines Agency (EMA) on the benefit-risk balance of Pandemrix, which is expected by July 2011. At their meeting in April 2011, the EMA Committee for Medicinal Products for Human Use (CHMP) agreed an interim recommendation for prescribers to take into account preliminary results from epidemiological studies on Pandemrix and narcolepsy, and to perform an individual benefit-risk assessment when considering the use of Pandemrix in children and adolescents3. Results from an epidemiological study of narcolepsy and pandemic vaccines in nine EU States by the VAESCO project are expected by June 20114.

WHO's Global Advisory Committee on Vaccine Safety (GACVS) reviewed the available data from Finland on 4 February 2011 and the new data from Sweden on 18 April 2011. GACVS agrees that further investigation is warranted concerning narcolepsy and vaccination against influenza (H1N1) 2009 with Pandemrix and other pandemic H1N1 vaccines. An increased risk of narcolepsy has not been observed in association with the use of any vaccines whether against influenza or other diseases in the past. Even at this stage, it does not appear that narcolepsy following vaccination against pandemic influenza is a general worldwide phenomenon, as no excess of narcolepsy has been reported from several other European states where Pandemrix was used, or from Canada where a pandemic vaccine similar to pandemrix was used. This complicates interpretation of the findings in Finland and Sweden. It seems likely that some as yet unidentified additional factor was operating in Sweden and Finland. The findings from the VAESCO project and further investigations in Finland and Sweden, may help clarify the determinants of any increased risk of narcolepsy, which currently appears to be restricted to the months following vaccination and by age group and country.

GACVS will continue to monitor the situation closely and updates will be provided as further information becomes available and is assessed.

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭louise5754

He was sent to Sweden for medical treatment.He needed an ECMO machine that is basically a lung bypass that oxygenates the blood outside your body. It is normally used for premature babies but they have started using it for swine flu victims. Only problem is there are only a few in Ireland and at the time he needed it they were all in use so he had to be sent to Sweden. Few others were sent too its amazing the recovery they all made with it.

• Advertisement
Advertisement