Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Indoor go karting hits Limerick!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

sioda wrote: »
    According to the radio its opening monday up the hill behind soundstore

Cool. So next Monday then?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 422 ✭✭CCSL

Delta Karting

Delta Karting Limerick, is the newest edition to the Formula Kylemore Karting Group Partnership. Located at Ballysimon just off the M7 Motorway at exit 29, in Delta Retail Park and three kilometres from Limerick city centre and within easy reach of Tipperary, Nenagh, Shannon and Ennis.
    This new venue offers a choice of two exicting indoor tracks featuring flyovers, underpasses and banked corners with excellent viewing facilities, electronic timing is provided on each track with video monitors in all of the viewing areas. Coprorate, group races and individual sessions are available by pre - booking on 061603603.
    All equipment including helmets, race suits and gloves are provided together with a full race briefing and instruction by fully trained race staff.
    Private Car and Coach parking available
    Open 11am till late, seven days a week
    Tel: 00353 0 61603603
    Fax: 00353 0 61603777
    Email: info@delta-karting.com
    Member of the European Kart Circuit Operators (EKCO)

Taken from - http://www.formula-karting.com/

I will Deff be heading along for a few pics and video!
    will let ye know what it's like Monday Night.

:cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,203 ✭✭✭dave 27

i saw a couple of pics today in the post, looks interesting..can someone pleas post prices when they hear them..i tried ringing them today but no reply

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 Mullaboy

I got to walk into the building today and check the whole place out as my uncle was checking a boiler there or something like that. I was talking to the owner and he said prices will be between 20-25 euro. The place looks very impressive but still needs some final touches , but all the karts were there and working.Can't wait to have a go

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 10,259 ✭✭✭✭Melion

20-25 euro for how long?

• Advertisement

15-20 mins

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 10,259 ✭✭✭✭Melion

Fúck that

• Registered Users Posts: 19,106 ✭✭✭✭TestTransmission

20 euro for 20 minutes would be cheap enough actually when it comes to go karting.

It's the same price in kilcornan I think .

• Registered Users Posts: 6,605 ✭✭✭Fizman

Melion wrote: »
    20-25 euro for how long?
    Fúck that

Have you ever been karting before? This is close enough to, if not a little cheaper than the going rate.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,361 ✭✭✭Itsdacraic

Fúck that

:rolleyes:

The price is about the norm for go karting to be fair. Plus that price may be enough to keep scummers out.

What a morning! great crack out at Delta Karting got to go round the track before the first public run. Gave a few of the electricians a fright! Its scary at first its like taking a kart on a rolercoaster! but once you get a few laps in the foot goes down!! Was talking to Declan out there and he was telling me that once it gets used a bit more and a layer of rubber builds up then it gets faster. Limerick has really needed somthing like this, somthing else to do besides bowling and its weather proof!

Photos below.

IMGP3769.JPG

IMGP3712.JPG

IMGP3859.JPG

IMGP3832.JPG

Video upload is taking forever! - but it will eventually appear on my
    YouTube Channel - http://www.youtube.com/user/munsterimages

More pics over at - http://www.munsterimages.ie/

Thanks for putting up the pics, CCSL.

It looks pretty damn cool, and brill that there is something new to do in town.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,887 ✭✭✭Harpy

nice pics.. its looks class, really looking forward to going out there and the prices are good as well..

10 Min €15
    15 Min €20
    20 Min €25
    25 Min €30

They're very good prices..

Harpy wrote: »
    nice pics.. its looks class, really looking forward to going out there and the prices are good as well..

10 Min €15
    15 Min €20
    20 Min €25
    25 Min €30

They're very good prices..

Split Session - 15 Min on each Track ( When open ) €30
    Mini Endurance €45
    Championship €45
    Grand Prix - €50

• Registered Users Posts: 2,312 ✭✭✭Limerick Dude

Can't wait until I'm back in Limerick to try this out! Finally something else to do in the city, it is badly needed and I can only see it being a success. Hopefully if this becomes successful it will encourage other entrepeneurs to set up other fun to do activities in the city!

Great news.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,887 ✭✭✭Harpy

CCSL wrote: »
    Split Session - 15 Min on each Track ( When open ) €30
    Mini Endurance €45
    Championship €45
    Grand Prix - €50

do you know how long those are, do they go by a certain amount of laps rather then 20 or 30 mins?

Harpy wrote: »
    do you know how long those are, do they go by a certain amount of laps rather then 20 or 30 mins?

But Video now online! Includes my helmet Cam so you can get a real idea of the track

Wandering electricians cost extra ;)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7FZ7W12X4ko

• Registered Users Posts: 2,361 ✭✭✭Itsdacraic

There doesn't seem to be much of a "straight"?

• Advertisement

Itsdacraic wrote: »
    There doesn't seem to be much of a "straight"?

However they are very powerful Karts. I always had a problem with the hill in Kilkornan (Due to Gravity.. Im not exactly tiny ) And all the kids would zip past and then Id catch them on the downhill section!

I was powering the Karts up a steep hill today and there was no let up in speed!

So I think this will be more of a skill track with the overtaking coming out of the bends. Will have to wait for a run out with the Kids to see of that works!!
    :)

• Registered Users Posts: 225 ✭✭OhThePenguin

CCSL wrote: »
    But Video now online! Includes my helmet Cam so you can get a real idea of the track

Wandering electricians cost extra ;)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7FZ7W12X4ko

Nice video!!

Looks really good.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,097 ✭✭✭✭zuroph

Opening hours? will it be open in evenings yeah?

also, is it two seperate tracks, or is there a way of joining them to make one large one for grand prixs?

• Registered Users Posts: 171 ✭✭fade2che

Thanks CCSL for posting great pics.
    I was out there this evening and it looks great. Still a fair bit of finishing to be done, and only one of the two tracks are open so far. Its impressive and different in the layout.

The best of luck to them in opening and bringing something positive to the city.

zuroph wrote: »
    Opening hours? will it be open in evenings yeah?

also, is it two seperate tracks, or is there a way of joining them to make one large one for grand prixs?

Don't know the cut off for Late - Guess it depends on the amount of Bookings. They are still finishing off some of the interior and I think the two tracks are separate all the time but I could be wrong.

You can pre book or arrive and drive have to say I'm looking forward to getting back out there !:cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,212 ✭✭✭Mrmoe

Looks great can't wait to give it a go.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 278 ✭✭Gers_punto

Was up there on my lunch today....

All that can be said is WOW.. the staff are friendly, the general set up of the place is great, the finishings are second to none even on the tiling on the foor they have go kart wheel shaped tiles in some places...

and the 2 tracks are very impressive looking

also the loungue upstairs with the coffe dock in the centre is very cool with a great view of the city from the huge front windows....

definatly raging i didnt have my wallet with me at lunch :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,206 ✭✭✭zig

I hope this does well, im guessing its target market will be work do's, birthdays, stags etc,that video is very impressive. Went karting in Abbeyfeale and loved it, but this looks 20 times better.

zig wrote: »
    I hope this does well, im guessing its target market will be work do's, birthdays, stags etc,that video is very impressive. Went karting in Abbeyfeale and loved it, but this looks 20 times better.

The other track will be open soon and they will have options for younger kids you have to be 13 to use the full size karts.

I can see it becoming popular in combination with Delta Adventure as a combo pack for younger kids.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,929 ✭✭✭Raiser

Are you a Co-Owner or something CCSL?

- If its none of my business just tell tell me so ;)

Advertisement