Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Swords CC Club Leage 10 mile TT 26/5/2010

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 31,059 ✭✭✭✭Lumen

shaungil wrote: »
    to clarify a few points Javan is 17 years of age but very canny and could be a top top rider. Paddy is an ex international and we all know Super Lav is a freak show;) on TT's. Though still an A3 so should you not be talking to him?

Ah, perhaps the correct tone didn't come across in my post. After seeing how comfortable you are in the open races it's great to see your strength come out in a "race of truth". :)

Now, win some races you sandbagger!

Regarding Javan, I think he came second to Paul Kennedy in one of the Stamullen races. Hasn't Paul gone up to A1 now? So agree that Javan's potential looks fantasic.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,014 ✭✭✭shaungil

Now, win some races you sandbagger! No probs am on the case.

Regarding Javan, I think he came second to Paul Kennedy in one of the Stamullen races. Hasn't Paul gone up to A1 now? So agree that Javan's potential looks fantasic.[/QUOTE]Harry Reynolds he was second though Scratch group never caght A4's and 3's but still he is very strong and mixes it with strong A1 and 2's on Weds in Swords.

Race of truth. Which distance do you regard as the race of truth don't know why but I always think the 40km. Is there a general accepted distance?

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 76,098 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

Spelling of name has become so varied ... will accept Sharon.

That explains this I guess:
    q100000429879683_7622.jpg

It's probably also a clue to your real ambitions this year - having failed so far to get any extra points in the league (not even the 2 you should have been awarded on Wednesday), is it true you are looking at what you need to do (or more correctly get done) to get a transfer into the Ladies championship?

Race of truth. Which distance do you regard as the race of truth don't know why but I always think the 40km. Is there a general accepted distance?

I think any TT is a race of truth, although the truths are different. With a 40k TT the main challenge is not finding some excuse to marshall instead.

Unfortunately I'm missing the Orwell 40k in June (out of the country); I might see if I can make it to the Swords one, if I'm allowed.

• Advertisement
  • Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 76,098 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

Lumen wrote: »
    I think any TT is a race of truth, although the truths are different. With a 40k TT the main challenge is not finding some excuse to marshall instead.

Unfortunately I'm missing the Orwell 40k in June (out of the country); I might see if I can make it to the Swords one, if I'm allowed.
    We've had Orwell riders before - I think DWCC are automatically entitled, but others are allowed by invitation. I think we normally get Navan and possibly Stamullen riders, but some of the better ones may be missing because of the open race the following evening. You may want to drop RobFowl a PM when he returns from RAS duty, as he seems to be in the know about these things

Beasty wrote: »
    We've had Orwell riders before - I think DWCC are automatically entitled, but others are allowed by invitation. I think we normally get Navan and possibly Stamullen riders, but some of the better ones may be missing because of the open race the following evening. You may want to drop RobFowl a PM when he returns from RAS duty, as he seems to be in the know about these things

Yeah, he told me before that it's OK if ex/honorary members Brian McNamara or Aidan Hammond are there, but I'm not sure they do the TTs, otherwise OK as long as there are max 5 clubs represented.

What's the date for the 40k TT?

Beasty wrote: »
    That explains this I guess:
    q100000429879683_7622.jpg

It's probably also a clue to your real ambitions this year - having failed so far to get any extra points in the league (not even the 2 you should have been awarded on Wednesday), is it true you are looking at what you need to do (or more correctly get done) to get a transfer into the Ladies championship?

Funny you say this my missus said she had something lined up for me after we have sprog number 4 in Sept. I guess this combined with some hormone therapy and the long awaited leg shaving will have me sorted.

Lumen Myself and Beasty will push you case but you should be fine if you ask Robbfowl in advance. Weds 2 weeks the 9th Batterstown

• Registered Users Posts: 8,232 ✭✭✭07Lapierre

Lumen wrote: »

Visitors are allowed Lumen. no prob.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,232 ✭✭✭07Lapierre

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 296 ✭✭Staro

Great time ShaunGil, enjoy the scratch group next week on your favourate course Clonalvey!

I also see the Hungrycol put in a very good time well done!

Staro wrote: »
    Great time ShaunGil, enjoy the scratch group next week on your favourate course Clonalvey!

Rode round that course last night - I would suggest leaving your best wheels at home - there's one stretch coming off the Naul road that puts the potholes at Garristown well and truly in the shade.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 230 ✭✭Cadex

Thanks for putting up the times, I wasn't smart enough to check mine in time, but reckoned mine was 27 twenty something. Not that I'm bothered (as 22 out of 39) but just wondering if there was a handicap applied to the TT afterward to assign the event results? If so, does anyone know what was applied and, I suppose, how? This is just so I know what to expect, don't worry. Basically, people went off in the order in which they signed on (I believe), but I'm guessing there was some handicap at the end (for the points). Thanks.

Cadex wrote: »
    Thanks for putting up the times, I wasn't smart enough to check mine in time, but reckoned mine was 27 twenty something. Not that I'm bothered (as 22 out of 39) but just wondering if there was a handicap applied to the TT afterward to assign the event results? If so, does anyone know what was applied and, I suppose, how? This is just so I know what to expect, don't worry. Basically, people went off in the order in which they signed on (I believe), but I'm guessing there was some handicap at the end (for the points). Thanks.

I believe a stewards enquiry may be called for on this point;). The results that are up seem to incorporate no handicaps, although handicaps have been used in previous years - I can confirm start times (with perhaps one or two exceptions) were in order of sign-on

• Registered Users Posts: 2,246 ✭✭✭Hungrycol

Thanks for posting up the times shaungil, that's a cracking time you got.

8th for me :D Delighted. This course suited me and I knew the route. Maybe the absence of computers on my bike also helped!

Advertisement