Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HTML5 at 46% (We need flash)

Options
13»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,117 ✭✭✭✭Leiva

Is that smoke coming out of the back of the iPad ? ;)

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 17,642 Mod ✭✭✭✭Graham

"Proof of concept" is absolutely correct, check out the level of battery charge left on that iPad. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 776 ✭✭✭Narcissus

Inquitus wrote: »
    Your Sky box however will play whatever channels you subscribe too, it doesnt force you to convert to a proprietary format before you can watch something.

Your Sky box gives you your interactive content on the red button, your iPhone doesnt do flash so it wont do the interactive content off the BBC news site, or indeed most news and sports sites.

Your Sky box doesn't restrict you in the way your iPad or iPhone does.

Do you not find it annoying that you must needlessly convert everything to MP4 before you can play it?

Do you not find it irritating that you cant view most of the interactive news and sports content on the web as it is Flash based?

Do you not find it unacceptable that you cant tether your iPad to your iPhone for no reason other than Jobs simply wishes to leverage further profits from 3G sales?

iPhone was a clear market leader and jobs could **** on his customers, now Android is as easy to use, has better features, allows access to the full web, allows you to use your phone as a wifi access point, negating the need for a 3G iPad, its not surprising it outsold iPhone in Q1 in the US and its not surprising it will surpass iPhone in marketshare globally this year.......you can only dictate to your customers when you enjoy a clear edge in the marketplace, something Jobs no longer does, thanks to Google.

How well does flash perform on Android currently?

Why do we need flash?
    -video websites
    -advertisements
    -games
    -rich internet applications
    anything i've forgotten please add.

Out of those the only thing I would miss would be the video sites(however there is youtube)

I sure as hell don't miss the ads and for everything else I don't think the experience would be the same, no matter what the device.

Take this website for example with a world cup wall chart:

http://www.marca.com/deporte/futbol/mundial/sudafrica-2010/calendario-english.html

Even if flash was running absolutely perfectly on android (or iphone for that matter), this website just wouldn't be the same because you need to hover with a mouse. Not to mention the size of the page would look ridiculous on a mobile device.

I haven't missed flash once since i've gotten my iphone or ipad.
    They're mobile devices so the experience has to different.

ps here's a list of ready for ipad websites :)
    http://www.apple.com/ipad/ready-for-ipad/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,463 ✭✭✭Trevor451

Just get a android device if you want flash :rolleyes:. Android devices have way more features anyway

• Registered Users Posts: 776 ✭✭✭Narcissus

Trevor451 wrote: »
    Just get a android device if you want flash :rolleyes:. Android devices have way more features anyway

such as....?

• Advertisement
Advertisement