Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

forum sceptics on governments payroll

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,324 ✭✭✭RGDATA!

uprising2 wrote: »
    Ok back on topic, how much do the paid lads here earn?, would it be financially rewarding for me to join your ranks, PM me the details of how to sign up and will I get the NEW iphone for spinning BS on the move?, does it pay by the post or hour?, does it pay more, the more ridiculous the post? and is there an extra bonus for bringing reptillians into the frame?, these times are financially difficult, I also have my granny for sale on adverts.ie if anybody needs one.

you're joking probably, but if there is anyone being paid to post on this forum it is the biggest waste of money of all time.

• Site Banned Posts: 8,331 ✭✭✭Brown Bomber

The Canadian government has been caught paying a media group $75,000 to moniter (troll) internet forums and message boards and respond to what it considers "misinformation".So they now have their hacks-for-hire who will defend government scandals, wars, atrocities and conspiracies over the internet.Now we know that the US and Israeli government agencies have also done something similar in the past, so it got me thinking, how many other governments are paying private contractors to troll internet forums and spread their state-sponsored propoganda.

http://www.propagandamatrix.com/articles/may2010/052410_troll_forums.htm
    Twitterers paid to spread Israeli propaganda Internet warfare team unveiled

http://www.atlanticfreepress.com/news/1-/10793-twitterers-paid-to-spread-israeli-propaganda-internet-warfare-team-unveiled.html

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,704 ✭✭✭squod

The existence of an “internet warfare team” came to light when it was included in this year’s foreign ministry budget. About $150,000 (:P) has been set aside for the first stage of development, with increased funding expected next year.

Pushing the boat out there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,316 ✭✭✭✭amacachi

I'm on the dole, does that count?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,236 ✭✭✭mcmoustache

The Megaphone desktop tool is a Windows "action alert" tool developed by Give Israel Your United Support (GIYUS) and distributed by World Union of Jewish Students, World Jewish Congress, The Jewish Agency for Israel, World Zionist Organization, StandWithUs, Hasbara fellowships, HonestReporting, and other pro-Israel public relations organizations. The tool was released in July during the 2006 Lebanon War. An RSS newsfeed is available so that non-Windows users may also receive the Megaphone "action alerts."[1][2][3][4][5][6][

Link

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,869 ✭✭✭Mahatma coat

Armed with this information Ye'd think it'd be possible to get the Obvious GIYUS Shills Banned, but Hey they post away to their hearts content in Politics in what often seems like a tag team effort.

the only solution I can see is a redoubling of efforts to see that Truth and Reason are not lost to the Trolls

• Registered Users Posts: 3,831 ✭✭✭Torakx

Ye its kind of annoying to imagine this happening.
    The average person reading on forums will ussually be easily swayed with a topic they know very little about.And even more so when the lie or truth is repeated multiple times.
    Paying forum trolls to refute certain topics is a very effective way of shutting out usefull information.Also it can be done quite easily by just using the rght type of words that resonate better with more people than the post or poster they are trying to discredit.
    I would imagine a paid troll would type very differently in a gamers forum than a politics one for example.At least a smart one lol
    I have come up against posters who seem to be aggressive towards nearly anything posted here.These are imo not paid trolls but more likely people who just wish to talk down to people who they consider abnormal to the mainstream society.
    A paid troll might actually look more like me :D although i do a good job of fooking up my own threads so i probably wouldnt get the job :p

• Registered Users Posts: 1,771 ✭✭✭Dude111

The Canadian government has been caught paying a media group $75,000 to moniter (troll) internet forums and message boards and respond to what it considers "misinformation".
    Not surprising in the least!!!

They dont want the truth exposed so they do this (WHICH DOESNT HELP MUCH) to try and keep it covered..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,133 ✭✭✭mysterious

They are not just paid, many of these "so called skeptics" are in cults, priesthoods, secret societies and just doing their jobs, since they dont work in the system like we do.

Some of them are shapeshifters and nephilim. Its why they are now taking over the puppet leaders now, since time is coming tight now with global rule. For example the black pope is in and and all the smartest and most cunning agents are on the ball now to make their NWO happen.:D

It will all be nothing more than a short burst to top the world.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,444 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Of course, because that's the most likely explanation for people disagreeing with other people.

• Advertisement

Of course, because that's the most likely explanation for people disagreeing with other people.
    The lie machine is big business. It's a lot more than just than the just the narrow minded view you put on it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,316 ✭✭✭✭amacachi

mysterious wrote: »
    They are not just paid, many of these "so called skeptics" are in cults, priesthoods, secret societies and just doing their jobs, since they dont work in the system like we do.

Some of them are shapeshifters and nephilim. Its why they are now taking over the puppet leaders now, since time is coming tight now with global rule. For example the black pope is in and and all the smartest and most cunning agents are on the ball now to make their NWO happen.:D

It will all be nothing more than a short burst to top the world.

You know me so well.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,483 ✭✭✭Ostrom

Which canadian wars and atrocities are they defending? Also, whats a shapeshifter?

efla wrote: »
    Which canadian wars and atrocities are they defending? Also, whats a shapeshifter?

Someone who can manipulate their bodies into another form. Higher evolved E.Ts have adapted to do so. Makes it easier to hide amongst humanity and still carry out what they aspire to do. I've talked to a few. They look like you, except, they are from a bloodline of a ruling elite. They are hybrids. So they can hold both human and reptilian form back and forth. Also homo sapiens is part reptilian anyway so it really is just a matter of some having more Reptilian DNA than other's. Our brains are programmed to use mostly the logic side. We think and learn thing's in a very solid perception. Because of the conditioning and programming most of us are only able understand the world in only a physical way.

efla wrote: »

How easy it is to make people believe a lie, and how hard it is to undo that work again! – Mark Twain

On March 25, 2003, during the “shock and awe” bombardment of Iraq, then US Ambassador to Canada Paul Cellucci admitted that “… ironically, Canadian naval vessels, aircraft and personnel... will supply more support to this war in Iraq indirectly... than most of those 46 countries that are fully supporting our efforts there.”
    http://www.globalresearch.ca/index.php?context=va&aid=8110

Afghanistan
    http://www.ctv.ca/servlet/ArticleNews/story/CTVNews/1123179692508_118588892

1) Avoidance. They never actually discuss issues head-on or provide constructive input, generally avoiding citation of references or credentials. Rather, they merely imply this, that, and the other. Virtually everything about their presentation implies their authority and expert knowledge in the matter without any further justification for credibility.

2) Selectivity. They tend to pick and choose opponents carefully, either applying the hit-and-run approach against mere commentators supportive of opponents, or focusing heavier attacks on key opponents who are known to directly address issues. Should a commentatorbecome argumentative with any success, the focus will shift to include the commentator as well.

3) Coincidental. They tend to surface suddenly and somewhat coincidentally with a new controversial topic with no clear prior record of participation in general discussions in the particular public arena involved. They likewise tend to vanish once the topic is no longer of general concern. They were likely directed or elected to be there for a reason, and vanish with the reason.

4) Teamwork. They tend to operate in self-congratulatory and complementary packs or teams. Of course, this can happen naturally in any public forum, but there will likely be an ongoing pattern of frequent exchanges of this sort where professionals are involved. Sometimes one of the players will infiltrate the opponent camp to become a source for straw man or other tactics designed to dilute opponent presentation strength.

5) Anti-conspiratorial. They almost always have disdain for 'conspiracy theorists' and, usually, for those who in any way believe JFK was not killed by LHO. Ask yourself why, if they hold such disdain for conspiracy theorists, do they focus on defending a single topic discussed in a NG focusing on conspiracies? One might think they would either be trying to make fools of everyone on every topic, or simply ignore the group they hold in such disdain.Or, one might more rightly conclude they have an ulterior motive for their actions in going out of their way to focus as they do.

6) Artificial Emotions. An odd kind of 'artificial' emotionalism and an unusually thick skin -- an ability to persevere and persist even in the face of overwhelming criticism and unacceptance. This likely stems from intelligence community training that, no matter how condemning the evidence, deny everything, and never become emotionally involved or reactive. The net result for a disinfo artist is that emotions can seem artificial. Most people, if responding in anger, for instance, will express their animosity throughout their rebuttal. But disinfo types usually have trouble maintaining the 'image' and are hot and cold with respect to pretended emotions and their usually more calm or unemotional communications style. It's just a job, and they often seem unable to 'act their role in character' as well in a communications medium as they might be able in a real face-to-face conversation/confrontation. You might have outright rage and indignation one moment, ho-hum the next, and more anger later -- an emotional yo-yo. With respect to being thick-skinned, no amount of criticism will deter them from doing their job, and they will generally continue their old disinfo patterns without any adjustments to criticisms of how obvious it is that they play that game -- where a more rational individual who truly cares what others think might seek to improve their communications style, substance, and so forth, or simply give up.

7) Inconsistent. There is also a tendency to make mistakes which betray their true self/motives. This may stem from not really knowing their topic, or it may be somewhat 'freudian', so to speak, in that perhaps they really root for the side of truth deep within.

I have noted that often, they will simply cite contradictory information which neutralizes itself and the author. For instance, one such player claimed to be a Navy pilot, but blamed his poor communicating skills (spelling, grammar, incoherent style) on having only a grade-school education. I'm not aware of too many Navy pilots who don't have a college degree. Another claimed no knowledge of a particular topic/situation but later claimed first-hand knowledge of it.

8) BONUS TRAIT: Time Constant. Recently discovered, with respect to News Groups, is the response time factor. There are three ways this can be seen to work, especially when the government or other empowered player is involved in a cover up operation:

http://www.whale.to/b/sweeney.html

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,005 ✭✭✭Di0genes

I do so love how you link to a site with a holocaust denial section that tells you how to spot "disinfo"

It's irony on a base level but I like it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,584 ✭✭✭digme

Di0genes wrote: »
    I do so love how you link to a site with a holocaust denial section that tells you how to spot "disinfo"

Guilt by association,news papers employ that tactic quite regularly.
    kinda childish though.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,869 ✭✭✭Mahatma coat

Di0genes wrote: »

where is this Holocaust denial section you speak of??????

its not on the page that BB Linked

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,005 ✭✭✭Di0genes

where is this Holocaust denial section you speak of??????

its not on the page that BB Linked

http://www.whale.to/b/holocaust_revisionism.html

That wasn't too taxing now was it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,324 ✭✭✭RGDATA!

i wouldn't have done his research for him...

• Registered Users Posts: 15,443 ✭✭✭✭bonkey

And yet again, a thread of this nature gets used for posters to take cheap shots at each other.

There's actually an entire forum for you guys to go and take cheap shots at each other, you know? Its even acceptable there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,584 ✭✭✭digme

bonkey wrote: »
    And yet again, a thread of this nature gets used for posters to take cheap shots at each other.

There's actually an entire forum for you guys to go and take cheap shots at each other, you know? Its even acceptable there.
    ya it's called real life :)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,225 ✭✭✭Yitzhak Rabin

These lists are such nonsense!

They can easily be applied to "CT'ers" (As a completely separate point, where did this shortened CT'er come from. It makes no sense grammatically? Should it not be CTist?)

Anyway, I'll just take a few of these and show 25 ways to spot CT disinfo'ers

1. Hear no evil, see no evil, speak no evil.: Ct'ist' will never bring up topics which reflect america in a positive light. They will always only mention the bad aspects of american foreign policy. They won't mention, say the huge increase in AIDS prevention programmes in Africa etc.

2. Become incredulous and indignant.: CTists will often refuse to debate topics if they feel that they cannot deal with the onslaught of evidence to the contrary to their point. Often their entire rebuttal will simply be " :rolleyes: "

3. Create rumor mongers.: CTists can dismiss any amount of evidence that disagrees with their position, as it can simply be said to be controlled by the NWO. The only test to see if something is genuine, seems to be, that it agrees with their pre-existing thesis.

4. Use a straw man. Find or create a seeming element of your opponent's argument which you can easily knock down to make yourself look good and the opponent to look bad. For example, in order to excuse the despicable actions of Iran, mention that the US has killed 100's of thousands in Afghanistan.

5. Sidetrack opponents with name calling and ridicule. This is also known as the primary 'attack the messenger' ploy, though other methods qualify as variants of that approach. This can be done by saying things like "baaaaa sheeple, keep taking your vaccines" or you could start a thread that implies forum skeptics are on the government payroll"

So there you have the first 5 of the 25 characteristics of a disinfo agent neatly applied to the CT community.

Thats the thing. It proves f*ck all, other than people disagree with each others positions.

Tbh, the whole notion that skeptics are paid disinfo agents is ridiculous. Of course its far easier to try and discredit your opposition, than actually try and rebut their points. It seems to be a common tactic in the CT community. Almost all of the self styled NWO fighting gurus routinely call each other disinfor agents, from David Icke, to Zackariah Sitchins, to Alex Jones to Jim Corr. They are all so paranoid that when one disagrees with the other, they are obviously a disinfo agent. Its better to just settle for that, than to just rebut their claims.

yekahs wrote: »

Tbh, the whole notion that skeptics are paid disinfo agents is ridiculous. Of

I actually agree with most of what you said there Yekahs but re above quote it does happen.

Here is an example
    http://www.delawareliberal.net/2009/11/30/hal-turner-fbi-informant/

Advertisement