Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

protecting your home

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 522 ✭✭✭KevinVonSpiel

I do wonder sometimes re' the use of a kind of 'cattle fence' just inside each window & making sure doors are secure. I experience great joy when I think of a burgugular getting a nice old sting while trying to get in some window. Nothing that'd injure too much or kill, you understand... the thought had never crossed my mind.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,729 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

Sniipe wrote: »
    As for people not checking them out - isn't there a noise pollution law (new enough). If my alarm went off, I'd have my next door neighbour checking it out if I wasn't there.

I never leave the house nor go to bed without the alarm on.

Slight reality check:

Imagine you hear your neighbour's alarm going off. That means there might be burglars in there. What exactly are you going to do - stroll over and ring the door bell? Take your AK47 (or whatever) with you and blast the daylights out of anyone you meet? Something in between?

Sure the neighbour could peek out the window and check for strange vehicles. But what if it's teens on foot, looking for money to buy drugs - they'd be kinda dangerous to meet.

Advertisement