Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Jackie Skelly .... leaving Jackie Skelly !!!

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16 KarenFa

gaza m wrote: »
    and what about the staff?? I believe they get treated the same way the members do......not very good

I disagree, staff are treated well, if the staff were not happy then nobody would be worried about loosing their jobs. Jackie Skelly Fitness has a bad reputation not because staff are treated badly, it is simply because people do not agree to our terms and conditions on ur contracts and that is it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13 PJT

and what about the staff?? I believe they get treated the same way the members do......not very good

I can assure you that 'not very good' is an understatement...

• Registered Users Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

Cough, I nearly choked on my cucumber sandwich, cough...

I dont know what peoples issue is with them.

You sign up to a 12 month contract, so you pay for 12 months. It's not Jackie Skellys fault if you decide you dont want it anymore.

If Jackie skelly agreed to pay you €100 a month for a year then told you to **** off and swing for your money after 4 months, would you just let it go?

PJT wrote: »
    I can assure you that 'not very good' is an understatement...

Please explain your experience

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,382 ✭✭✭✭AARRRGH

Stekelly wrote: »
    I dotn know what peoples issue is with them.

YOu sign up to a 12 month contract, so you pay for 12 months. It's not JAckie Skellys fault if you decide you dotn want it anymore.

If Jackie skelly agreed to pay you €100 a month for a year then told you to **** off and swing for your money afetr 4 months, would you just let it go?

Stop being rational. Don't you realise you're supposed to base all your thinking on your emotions?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13 PJT

KarenFa wrote: »
    I disagree, staff are treated well, if the staff were not happy then nobody would be worried about loosing their jobs. Jackie Skelly Fitness has a bad reputation not because staff are treated badly, it is simply because people do not agree to our terms and conditions on ur contracts and that is it.

Excuse me whilst I just wet myself laughing...the staff are worried about losing their jobs because THEY NEED THE MONEY not because they like working there!!

• Registered Users Posts: 34 gaza m

a friend of mine works in the place, the stories are unreal...and what about the many many many bad stories on here??

well said PJT

a friend of mine works in the place, the stories are unreal...and what about the many many many bad stories on here??

What bad stories on here? All I ever see is people complaining because they don't understand the concept of a contract.

It is not Jackie Skellys fault a significant number of their members are thick.

Seriously now.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,416 ✭✭✭The Davestator

a lot of vested interests on this thread IMO.
    Obviously a few people who couldnt grasp the terms of the contract they were signing and are still sore from it.
    This thread should be merged with the big thread in the fitness forum in my opinion because I cant see anygood coming from it!
    As an ex staff member, I found them great to work for. Yes, if you didnt perform you wouldnt have had a good experience working for them, but if you did, they were great.
    The amount of money Jackie Skelly clubs raised every October will be missed by the cancer society too.

• Advertisement

seriously AAArgh are you high up in JSF???? its a common fact they lie and fool people all the time??

Like you say "a friend of mine works in the place" if your friend is really that unhappy would she not leave?
    What are the unreal stories?

seriously AAArgh are you high up in JSF???? its a common fact they lie and fool people all the time??

No I'm just someone who lives in the real world.

Give me an example (with evidence) of how they lie to- and fool people.

a lot of vested interests on this thread IMO.
    Obviously a few people who couldnt grasp the terms of the contract they were signing and are still sore from it.
    This thread should be merged with the big thread in the fitness forum in my opinion because I cant see anygood coming from it!
    As an ex staff member, I found them great to work for. Yes, if you didnt perform you wouldnt have had a good experience working for them, but if you did, they were great.
    The amount of money Jackie Skelly clubs raised every October will be missed by the cancer society too.

Well said, like any job if you perform you will enjoy working for Jackie Skelly Fitness,I think some people like to get paid for just arriving at a desk and do nothing!

• Registered Users Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

Yeah a common trick they use is to tell you that if you sign a 12 month contract teh will take money from you each month and in return you can use their gym, then they expect you to pay each month, it really is a most devious and cunning trick.

Karen, welcome to Boards!
    Dont waste your time trying to argue your point on here because, as I have learned, its a losing battle.
    Dave H!

Karen, welcome to Boards!
    Dont waste your time trying to argue your point on here because, as I have learned, its a losing battle.
    Dave H!

Thank You Dave,it is a waste of time. I just don't see what is so hard about a contract to understand? Honestly if you are not interested you DO NOT SIGN..simple

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 rosinari

Targets that cant be Reached staff shouted at even where work is done JSF is a joke Senior Management to be sacked! They Know nothing there the reason Jsf went down

rosinari wrote: »
    Targets that cant be Reached staff shouted at even where work is done JSF is a joke Senior Management to be sacked! They Know nothing there the reason Jsf went down

Are you speaking from experience here or is it a friends story??

does it matter?? what do you know about jsf??? are you staff???

• Advertisement

rosinari wrote: »
    does it matter?? what do you know about jsf??? are you staff???

As my previous post stated:

As an employee of Jackie Skelly Fitness, we do care.
    No need to be happy at others misfortune, Energie fitness have now bought Jackie Skelly Fitness, nobody knows what lies ahead.

There are talks between landlords and Energie regarding Greystones so there may be still some hope of this branch staying open.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 scrib

At the end of the day whether it is Jackie Skelly Fitness or Energie Fitness, staff no matter what are under pressure and Im sure are concerned for their jobs. Whether they like their jobs or not no wants to loose their jobs. Karen its easy to say to people get another job if you don't like the one you have but there aren't that many jobs out there. Being Happy that JSF has gone is not a good thing or a nice thing, Im sure the owners are absoluely devastated today for loosing their business, something that they had personally invested in.

i would not be happy about the staff losing their jobs from what i know they are a lovely group of people and very hard working and it seems that they are seriously taken for grated! bring on the new buyers!

scrib wrote: »
    At the end of the day whether it is Jackie Skelly Fitness or Energie Fitness, staff no matter what are under pressure and Im sure are concerned for their jobs. Whether they like their jobs or not no wants to loose their jobs. Karen its easy to say to people get another job if you don't like the one you have but there aren't that many jobs out there. Being Happy that JSF has gone is not a good thing or a nice thing, Im sure the owners are absoluely devastated today for loosing their business, something that they had personally invested in.

I agree with your statement also but people have to work for things, pressure comes with any job. Like you say there are not many jobs out there so I do not know why people spend so much time complaining about the jobs they have. Be happy to be working I say!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 Lucloufur

Okay, I've read enough, I proud to say I am an ex employee of Jackie Skelly Fitness, I worked for them for 4 years and left to further my career last year..I loved working for JSF, I was challenged everyday. I was head of the administration dept, the dept that you all so gladly give out & bitch about, I am the one who sat with the NCA for 18 months trashing out the membership contract to ensure it had a balance of faireness for both the company & member...I was the one who had all the relevant print bolded & highlight so that the members could see what they were signing up to....it's not Jackie skellys fault that people choose not to read a contract, but whenthe main terms are on the front & you still try to say you didn't know, well then I'm sorry, it's just an excuse! Have honour and stand by what you sign!

For those of you that are happy that 2 people who started a company 16 years ago are now unemployed & have lost their company-shame on you, how dare you! Do you know Mark Tooke or Jackie Skelly? No you don't, but I do, Mark is a hard man but fair, he called it as it was, people are afraid of honesty & he was always honest. I had the pleasure if working for & with him for my 4 years & I would work for him tomorrow-I am devasted for him & but I know he will rise above this & I will be first to congradulate him.

Jackie has alot more to her than a trly dly as one of you said, she has battled cancer & won, this company meant everything to her, she too will rise above this.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 Lucloufur

I aologise for my spelling errors on the above post but using my iPhone & couldn't correct them!

All I have to say is it is a very sad day for me, for my friends who still work for Jackie Skeely Fitness, for other companies who supply them & most of all for Mark Tooke & Jackie Skelly herself...I am so sorry this has happened.

To all you negative AHs.....get a life! Get a heart & get a conscience!!

KarenFa wrote: »
    I agree with your statement also but people have to work for things, pressure comes with any job. Like you say there are not many jobs out there so I do not know why people spend so much time complaining about the jobs they have. Be happy to be working I say!

just coz someone has a job doesn't mean they have to be happy about it or happy in it. they might just be in that job coz they have to pay their bills. You are obviously very happy in your job in Jackie Skelly's and fair play to you if you are. You must be one of the lucky ones who gets treated fairly.

Well said Lucille ! Tis a sad day indeed.

scrib wrote: »
    just coz someone has a job doesn't mean they have to be happy about it or happy in it. they might just be in that job coz they have to pay their bills. You are obviously very happy in your job in Jackie Skelly's and fair play to you if you are. You must be one of the lucky ones who gets treated fairly.

Am I right in thinking you are also an employee? I work hard and I just feel that if you work hard you will have job satisfaction and that leads to people enjoying work. This is really going way off the original topic and I am not going to continue this post as it is pointless at this stage.

• Advertisement

no i don't work for them. But I do use your club in BB and I like it. Its just from talking with the staff there that I get the impression they are not happy. As I said I don't want to see any of them go and it is a sad day for the company.

Advertisement