Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Marty Morrissey ! Will he be poached by Foreigh tv networks ?

Options
  • 21-05-2010 2:21am
    Registered Users Posts: 588 ✭✭✭

after his stellar ring announcer performance in limerick, is it only a matter of time before he is lured abroad to the bright lights of los vegas or new york to host wrestling, untimate fighter or boxing in USA ?

It is sad that irish talent is lured abroad like brian mcfadden moving to australia , johnny logan working mainly in europe or chris de burgh working in the middle east.

1266941130.jpg

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,584 ✭✭✭digme

lol

• Registered Users Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

That pic is scary. Looks like something from The Hills Have Eyes.

I reckon Marty should stick to radio as he has the face for that format.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,924 ✭✭✭eamon234

Not unless they start a Freak channel.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,549 ✭✭✭✭cowzerp

lucozader wrote: »
    after his stellar ring announcer performance in limerick, is it only a matter of time before he is lured abroad to the bright lights of los vegas or new york to host wrestling, untimate fighter or boxing in USA ?

It is sad that irish talent is lured abroad like brian mcfadden moving to australia , johnny logan working mainly in europe or chris de burgh working in the middle east.

Please confirm that this is a joke!

This lad is quite embarrassing in all fairness in both looks and his style of rousing the crowd, Cringeworthy in fact.

Rush Boxing club and Rush Martial Arts head coach.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 710 ✭✭✭makl

cowzerp wrote: »
    Please confirm that this is a joke!

This lad is quite embarrassing in all fairness in both looks and his style of rousing the crowd, Cringeworthy in fact.

i think he's gas. of course its cringeworthy but he gets everyone going, even if it is with the riduclously simple "who here's from cork?" "who here's from dublin?" "who here's from LIM-RICK!!!?" or "who here's for poonsawat?", "who here's for BERNARD DUNNE??!"

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 254 ✭✭marbless

I've asked a group of aliens to abduct him

• Closed Accounts Posts: 942 ✭✭✭Vintagekits

marbless wrote: »
    I've asked a group of aliens to repatriate him

fixed that! :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 534 ✭✭✭Benny Lava

Apparently Buffer is shitting his pants because he knows he won't get the big Vegas fights for much longer with Marty in the frame.

• Registered Users Posts: 588 ✭✭✭lucozader

14.gif

Marty has really come a long way since playing Kuato in total recall

• Registered Users Posts: 1,351 ✭✭✭djhaxman

We really do produce some specimens in this country, don't we? :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,818 ✭✭✭Minstrel27

Wasn't he poached from the states. Born and grew up in New York I have heard.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,478 ✭✭✭padi89

Minstrel27 wrote: »
    Wasn't he poached from the states. Born and grew up in New York I have heard.

He was indeed.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,247 ✭✭✭ROCKMAN

1266941130.jpg[/QUOTE]

Lads we are judging to quick , Think off all the good things that this photo could do..

Eat your veg or you will look like this......

Never help anyone looking like this find his dog..........

This is what happens when you play Doctor and Nurses with your Sister.......

This house is guarded by this.........

Yes, Seatbelts are important............

why we use headgear ,even in training................

Condoms are a good thing..................

• Registered Users Posts: 588 ✭✭✭lucozader

xkpzkh.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 3,787 ✭✭✭Jayob10

Who cares what he looks like ??? jaysus ye sound like a bunch of women in here :cool:

All I wanna know is "are you ready to rock??" "are you ready to raise the roof off the place tonight??" sorry lost the run of myself there doing my Marty impression.

Marty is single and not a word of a lie is apparently a notorious player. I assure people i am not taking the piss but he does brilliant with the women.

Was in Galway a couple of years back after that compromise rules game in Pearse Stadium, was in a pub in town after it around half 11 and in walks marty with 2 stunners, our jaws all hit the floor, we went up chatting him and he was in his element. Sound fella until he realised a couple of the lads were being friendly whilst in taking the piss mode with him. Finished his drink and walked out the door with the women on each arm. And it sounds like im messing but I kid you not.

Id say marty was ready to rock when he got the 2 women back to the hotel :D

HBO are definately gunna be tracking Marty after his latest performance.

Did he write "the bluffers guide to commentating?"

Marty: "Darren is suffering a cut over that particular right eye". You sure its not his other right eye Marty?? :D

There's a rumour going around that the reason the Armenian flipped wasn't because he was angry at the scoring, he was actually furious because Marty Morrissey was commentating on his fight!

Benny Lava wrote: »
    There's a rumour going around that the reason the Armenian flipped wasn't because he was angry at the scoring, he was actually furious because Marty Morrissey was commentating on his fight!

I heard his supermodel girlfriend was spotted flirting with Marty ringside.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,968 ✭✭✭Big Ears

Jayob10 wrote: »
    HBO are definately gunna be tracking Marty after his latest performance.

Did he write "the bluffers guide to commentating?"

Marty: "Darren is suffering a cut over that particular right eye". You sure its not his other right eye Marty?? :D

Sure everyone knows teachers have eyes on the back of their head :p

She was drawn to his beautiful eyes like a moth to light.

Well that's the risk you take when you let your girlfriend in the same building as Marty Morrissey.

He should have seen it coming.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

Who cares what he looks like ??? jaysus ye sound like a bunch of women in here :cool:

All I wanna know is "are you ready to rock??" "are you ready to raise the roof off the place tonight??" sorry lost the run of myself there doing my Marty impression.

Marty is single and not a word of a lie is apparently a notorious player. I assure people i am not taking the piss but he does brilliant with the women.

Was in Galway a couple of years back after that compromise rules game in Pearse Stadium, was in a pub in town after it around half 11 and in walks marty with 2 stunners, our jaws all hit the floor, we went up chatting him and he was in his element. Sound fella until he realised a couple of the lads were being friendly whilst in taking the piss mode with him. Finished his drink and walked out the door with the women on each arm. And it sounds like im messing but I kid you not.

Mick Hucknell always had stunners with him too. I'm sure having a stuffed wallet had nowt to do with it in his case either. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,309 ✭✭✭T-K-O

Three cheers for Marty.... hip hip........ hip hip

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,720 ✭✭✭Sid_Justice

I honestly and genuinely think he is a great commentator on boxing. Really enjoyed his commentary tonight on the European's.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 942 ✭✭✭Vintagekits

I honestly and genuinely think he is a great commentator on boxing. Really enjoyed his commentary tonight on the European's.

you enjoyed "that particular right and that particular left and right"

I didnt see him spot one scoring punch - "the Armenina scored (after the score came up on the screen) and Barnes has drawn level (again after the score registered on the screen)"

He hasnt a fúckin clue what going on in there - and may I say that he has picked up a few cues from Magee as well - he obviously thinks that that is the best (only way to commentate on boxing) - WRONG!!!

http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=129134637115988

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,720 ✭✭✭Sid_Justice

Can anyone call those boxing shots with any certainty? At least 5 times in the O'Neill fight where I called a shot and it didn't score, I'm not boxing expert though.

Can anyone call those boxing shots with any certainty? At least 5 times in the O'Neill fight where I called a shot and it didn't score, I'm not boxing expert though.

No. It's hard to score at the best of times, and the task is made almost impossible when one of the fighters is a home fighter.

The home fighter can score while shadow boxing, reversing or throwing a punch. The other fighter must absolutely nail him to score.

• Registered Users Posts: 228 ✭✭Gergiev

There must be something in this...

I was at Dublin Airport today and spotted a stunner sitting in front of the screens and made a little detour to get a better view of this leggy beauty.

While I was discreetly taking in the view, who should pop his head around the corner and then whisk her away - arm in arm - only the bould Marty!

Looks like the rumours are true...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,986 ✭✭✭Spazdarn

You don't **** with your arms (unless she's a real goer) so being arm and arm with all these model types doesn't indicate anything to me.

You don't **** with your arms (unless she's a real goer) so being arm and arm with all these model types doesn't indicate anything to me.

For god sake man, Get real

Do you who we are talking about here?????

Of course she got lucky :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,225 ✭✭✭Henno30

Haters gonna hate

Advertisement