Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Vetting Forms

Options
  • 20-05-2010 2:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭

Hello all, this is my first post. Glad to be on board.

I did my AC last week and received my vetting forms today (which I though was very soon as they told us not to expect anything directly from the PSNI until September). I'm RC and also minority (not born in Ireland, north or south) if that makes any difference. Does this mean I passed the AC?

All the best,
    notbrazil

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 187 ✭✭grad10

Welcome on board! As far as I'm aware only religious background is taken into account - being RC will give you an advantage. You can't be certain about anything in this process, but going by previous years getting your vetting quickly is a very good sign - So It definately sounds like you've passed, well done! Now just sit back and wait!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 48 peter_green

possibly starting early too if theyre expected to run 2 campaigns this year.

• Registered Users Posts: 228 ✭✭1986j

I sat my AC 10 days ago. On Thursday I recieved my security vetting forms. Then yesterday I recieved a letter saying I passed the AC. I too was told in the AC debriefing that it would take up to 2 months!

I am very nervous about the medical and I hope I pass it. It is all I have been thinking about recently.

ive got my pass but no vetting forms. as for the medical ive given up the 20 a day marlboro red habit (a week today!). time to get the fitness kicked up a gear

• Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭Cashflow

Fitness has nothing to do with your medical.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭notbrazil

Has anyone had their medical date through yet?

I have just filled in my security vetting forms and will be posting them in an hour.

Is it normal to be this nervous/anxious about the whole thing? I am just so desperate to get this job lol

Due to a big family took me forever to fill it all in and additional sheets were needed. Hopefully it comes to them quickly enough and they are able to process it v fast and I pass my medical.

Good luck folks - Its all I can think about atm.

• Registered Users Posts: 229 ✭✭BoutYe

Keep a note of all your details that you've filled in on your vetting forms. If you're not successful this time round it will save you a lot of time and bother if apply again.

• Registered Users Posts: 29 chontour

im a bit nervous about vetting too... when i lived with my mother she moved alot...like 15 times. will i have to declare all these addresses?

if so i reckon it will take them ages to check them all out and i might miss out on this year :(

quick question - of those here that have got vetting forms, are you all RC?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 110 ✭✭pma1983

i got forms and im non rc. are there many here who have received a pass letter but no vetting forms?

• Registered Users Posts: 229 ✭✭BoutYe

Im not a mod but im guessing you might want to move the vetting questions to the vetting thread.

To the person asking about the 15 times moving home - if they fall within the time-limit that addresses are requested then yes, you will have to declare them.

I got my vetting forms a week after the AC.

I am a RC.

• Registered Users Posts: 29 chontour

thanks for ur answer boutye.,
    iv got a pass letter and no vetting forms as yet!

im guessing thats bad.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 55 ✭✭Adolphus

chontour wrote: »
    thanks for ur answer boutye.,
    iv got a pass letter and no vetting forms as yet!

im guessing thats bad.

Don't worry too much about it, I did not get my vetting forms last year until three months after the AC!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18 Mal85

hi guys 1st time poster

done my A/C on thursday last week, and recived my pass letter on tuesday, and recived my vetting forms today, is this a good thing?? i thought you had to wait like 2 months and pass the merit pool before doing the vetting?? i was all set for a long wait, now i pass and recive forms?? good or bad? what do you think??

• Registered Users Posts: 450 ✭✭gigity gigity

Has anyone who done their ac this week received anything other than a pass letter?

• Registered Users Posts: 447 ✭✭swl33t

I did it on tuesday and got the pass letter today there

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33 JONNYKEEB

I did my AC on a Wednesday and got the pass letter from Deloitte on the Friday! Is this a good thing or is it the normal? Does receiving the pass letter so soon give any indication as to your score in the AC or the merit pool? I suppose the merit pool can't be formulated untill every applicant has be throught the AC!

And does anyone know if you get the vetting and or medical forms fairly soon after doing the AC is a good sign?

Ultimately, everything comes down to vetting, so no - it means nothing.

• Advertisement

If there is anyone who has had the call to start (from past campaigns) would you be so kind to give details of your timeline. Actual dates not important but weeks / months between parts of the process and order would be really good.

March 2009 - Applied Via web

April 2009 - IST

June 2009 - A/C

September 2009 - Letter received informing me of probable delays in the process

November 2009 - Medical/Vetting Sent off

December 2009 - Letter Recieved informing me of passed medical

Feb 2010 - Callup for march intake

• Registered Users Posts: 181 ✭✭B182

thanks for that cash flow also worth noting thou that

intakes this year start from Oct so that alone is long enough before they even start the training we have 3 weeks left of june , july , august september so we are talking just under 4 months so relax about the vetting and medical and thats only the first intake in Oct so ya could be waiting long

once it hits mid july and they are done getting everyones score the fun will begin

• Closed Accounts Posts: 30 hereshoping

Thought i would share some info i got this morning. I sat the AC early may and heard i had passed about a week later but to this point i have got no vetting forms. I was worried due to a change in address they had went AWOL so deloitte told me to contact PSNI directly - which i did this morning. I was told not everyone is receiving vetting forms despite passing A/C and only the top % are getting theirs right now :( So i guess i wait and have lost a bit of hope :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 30 hereshoping

Just thinking about what i have been told this morning - how can they pick a top % when everyone hasnt even done their a/c yet... hmm doesnt make sense to me at all :(
    Thought i would share some info i got this morning. I sat the AC early may and heard i had passed about a week later but to this point i have got no vetting forms. I was worried due to a change in address they had went AWOL so deloitte told me to contact PSNI directly - which i did this morning. I was told not everyone is receiving vetting forms despite passing A/C and only the top % are getting theirs right now :( So i guess i wait and have lost a bit of hope :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 90 ✭✭jclegs

They're just making an educated guess based upon their experience with previous campaigns.

My Timeline:

IST - May
    A/C - July
    A/C - Pass August
    Vetting - September
    Medical - October
    Call - March intake but I deferred.

You all need to calm down, really. It took almost a year from start to finish for me. Just because you're not getting sent out vetting forms right away does not mean you're out of luck - in the previous year people received their vetting as early as august, yet are still waiting on the call. So just calm down and be patient

• Closed Accounts Posts: 110 ✭✭pma1983

Thanks for passing info onto the board! I wonder exactly what they mean by top %?

Anyone have ideas as to possible ac marks that prompted them to send out med/vetting to some?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23 WaitingGame

Awh that is horrible news! Not what i needed first thing in the morning!
    Altho for those who did well enough to get your vetting forms already you must be loving it!

• Advertisement

Than you Cashflow and JC legs, very much appreciated. Well done for getting in! You are right in saying to calm down, I have been fairly calm (and still am) until I started reading all the posts on here! It is too easy to ask every last question in realtion to the process, although I have to say every question seems to get answered. So the best thing to do, I suppose, is to just sit back and wait.

Thanks again

Advertisement