Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tony Fenton

Options
  • 19-05-2010 3:19pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 99 ✭✭

Does anyone else think that Tony Fenton is a **** and shouldn't be on the radio.

He has to be the most irritating DJ on Irish National Radio. I'm lucky enough to have a radio in the office and we listen to Today Fm every
    day up to 2.30pm then immediately change the channell to avoid Fenton.

I for one have had more than my fill of his faux American accent, his calling almost every song a "Classic", that stupid forced laugh and for the love of god stop using cockney rhyming slang you tool!

Thoughts?

Mod Edit: No personal abuse lads

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 811 ✭✭✭todolist

He's almost a parody of himself.He's a bit of harmless nonsense.He's trying to earn a crust like the rest of us.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 785 ✭✭✭Shane10

dnt like the show myself, find it boring. always seems to play the same songs if u ask me....defo always plays thin lizzy and the pogues(not that there is anything wrong with this but change it about a bit from time to time), van morrison etc etc. wall of sound?? - crap.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,269 ✭✭✭_feedback_

Shredneck wrote: »
    Does anyone else think that Tony Fenton is a complete twat and shouldn't be on the radio.

He has to be the most irritating DJ on Irish National Radio. I'm lucky enough to have a radio in the office and we listen to Today Fm every

I for one have had more than my fill of his faux American accent, his calling almost every song a "Classic", that stupid forced laugh and for the love of god stop using cockney rhyming slang you tool!

Thoughts?

The cockney slang is getting a bit much alright!

Tony: "Hi Mick, thanks for calling!! What are you up to for the weekend?"

Caller: "How's it goin' Tony. I'm off to a wedding tomorrow."

Tony: "Ooh Grrreat - have you got the tin of fruit ready?"

Caller: . . . . . . . "Wha' ?"

Tony: *Loud Fake laugh

He's still a legend though.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,040 ✭✭✭yuloni

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,605 ✭✭✭Fizman

He's like that creepy old uncle who thinks he is cool out. Lost count of how many times he has been in a very normal conversation with some bird, then the bird declares that she did some minor achievement, like cycled to the shop and back with bags on her handle bars, or managed to eat her cereal this morning without spilling her milk. Tonys response: "Oh yaaaaaa? Wowwww. You go girl! Girl power to you my lovely! .....and so on.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,496 ✭✭✭Mr. Presentable

Does anyone else think that Tony Fenton is a complete twat and shouldn't be on the radio.

Thoughts?

Tune out. Oh, you do. How can he annoy you so?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,647 ✭✭✭✭Fago!

nipplenuts wrote: »
    Tune out. Oh, you do. How can he annoy you so?

Yeah how can he annoy you if you switch him off?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 99 ✭✭Shredneck

Condi wrote: »

Well there's 5 of us in the office so the least objected-to option is Rick O'Shea on 2fm then Larry Gogan for an hour then Will Leahy.

Basically we listen to Today Fm till Ray Foley says goodbye then change to 2fm.

Condi wrote: »

What is that supposed to mean?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭upaho

I think DJ's are the lowest form of life. The sad thing is that they still haven't realised people listen to radio for the music.

There is one thing to thank them for, the iPod. If radio stations had decent playlists and nor gibbering idiots Apple would never have sold a single one.

Please have more (all) of them follow Gerry Ryan.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,973 ✭✭✭RayM

upaho wrote: »
    Please have more (all) of them follow Gerry Ryan.

I can't help but wonder if that might be a bit harsh...

The only time I ever hear Tony Fenton is if I'm flicking through the stations in the car. To be honest, it's always nostalgically reassuring to hear him still doing the same old stuff that he was doing 20 years ago.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 30 HipLady

every1 has their own fav djs and i do exactly the same thing when a certain dj comes on i change the channel,usually its when rick o shea comes on and then i change back again when larry gogan starts..

• Registered Users Posts: 2,089 ✭✭✭henryporter

Jaysus have none of ye hard of Montcrieff or is talk radio a bit too much for the feeble minds?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,549 ✭✭✭Noffles

Why are an awful lot of DJ's in Ireland ancient? They haven't a clue what is going on... in particular 2FM, WTF....?

Jaysus have none of ye hard of Montcrieff or is talk radio a bit too much for the feeble minds?

I dont think of him or D'Arcy as DJ's more like presenters in so much the shows are more about them being on their soap boxes and the music is just there so they can get another cup of coffee.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,487 ✭✭✭✭For Forks Sake

I dont think of him or D'Arcy as DJ's more like presenters in so much the shows are more about them being on their soap boxes and the music is just there so they can get another cup of coffee.

Shows what you know, Moncrieffs show doesn't have any music

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,484 ✭✭✭JIZZLORD

Tony Fenton irritates me. Today fm is always on at work and the 2 and a half hours of tony can range from grand to torture.

"Ya, great song, great song" or his love of "Bruce" or "Van, the Man" annoy me, but his clichéd mannerisms are extremely irritating.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,916 ✭✭✭NickDrake

He is paid to say such and such about songs or new songs lads. He spends the whole show advertising. I heard Today FM take in huge revenue from his show as it is just a 2.5 hour of advertising.

He loves mentioning Q Magazine and Nme as well

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,414 ✭✭✭kraggy

Can't understand why anyone would listen to anything else besides Moncrieff in the afternoon.

He's the best show on radio.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 785 ✭✭✭Shane10

kraggy wrote: »
    Can't understand why anyone would listen to anything else besides Moncrieff in the afternoon.

pffffttttt says you :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,442 ✭✭✭Firetrap

Someone must be listening or his show wouldn't be on the air.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

I don't listen to his show a whole lot. He plays decent enough music. Like Ian Dempsey, I just don't really get the show. The humour, if you can even call it that is lost on me.

I have to say that he's definitely got one of the best voices for radio but the show is a miss for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 250 ✭✭Radiotower

The rhyming slang is particularly annoying but what annoys me most is that he doesn't seem to listen to the callers and they say something and he just has some generic reply for them - he's not the only one that does it, others are George Hook and Eamonn Dunphy although they just seem too keen to get to the next question than exploring the answer they just got

• Registered Users Posts: 504 ✭✭✭Loveless

kraggy wrote: »

yeah I switch over to Moncrieff when Fenton comes on, he annoys me so much. And then back to The Last Word at 16:30.

• Registered Users Posts: 261 ✭✭fergpie

I have found myself changing stations when fenton is on too. Purely because he plays the exact same songs every single day..... I work in an office as well and im ashamed to say i changed over to i102-104 :( forgive me!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,484 ✭✭✭JIZZLORD

fergpie wrote: »
    I work in an office as well and im ashamed to say i changed over to i102-104 :( forgive me!

We're not angry. Just disappointed.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,468 ✭✭✭chalkitdown1

YOU'RE A WINNER!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 311 ✭✭tracert

I love Tony.

What's coming up on the box tonight, Pam?

We've got a another classic coming up for you right after these.

Need to get away? Well, I've got a great prize here from the Carlton House Hotel...

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement