Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Arcade & Retro Repairs & Mods, all new recipe, with no added MSG...

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 714 ✭✭✭80s Synth Pop

I've a problem with a Hantarex MTC 9110 25" monitor. The temperature control shut off board "EG04" that's mounted on the side of the heatsink beside the fan causes a ticking noise. If I bypass it the monitor runs fine.

Swapping parts with a working monitor, I know the component part needed but can't find it anywhere to buy.

It's the black box component in this photo:
    457725.jpg

The service manual lists it as
    28027120 "Deflection Yoke Matching transformer UTF 113" TH301

Any ideas on where to buy this component?

Sorry cant help,
    never seen one of those before!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,780 ✭✭✭eddhorse

Google translate needed,

https://www.gamoover.net/Forums/index.php?topic=27575.0

Looks like you will need another donor chassis.

I would ask Gunblade on UKVAC, more parts over there also.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,849 ✭✭✭Steve X2

So I upgraded the internal hard drive on my modded original Xbox(Xecuter 2 chip, not soft mod). I used a Samsung 2TB 860 EVO SSD drive along with a IDE/SATA adapter and a new 80 wire IDE cable. There is a very noticeable boost in performance and this is probably down to the cable as well as the drive(changing from 40 to 80 wire cable is meant to boost even a stock Xbox). The drive is major overkill I know, but i had a few of these spare anyway from a recent project(and they didn't cost me a anything).

One big benefit of using the SSD is the size and temperature. Drive never gets above 26c and the internal temp of the xbox is also reduced due to this and the fact the drive is tiny and there's a lot more open space in there.

While I had it open i remove the clock capacitor as well(its a 1.4 Xbox). The cap looked perfectly fine until i took it out and could see a small pool of acid had started to leak. No damage done yet so I was lucky. Definitely recommend everyone remove that clock cap from v1.0-1.5 Xboxes if you want them to live a long life.

The retro AV(and capture) setup is getting to where i want it to be. I still need to tidy up the cables a bit more, but its not so bad. I've an OSSC and Denon AVR-X3500H AV receiver to add to the mix at some stage over the next few weeks. That'll either simplify things a bit or make them impossible complex, not sure yet :)

Everything in the pic has a purpose, although the UMSA(first pic, on the right) is used once in a blue moon so I don't bother hooking up cables until I'm using it.

I've a feeling the OSSC will take over a lot of the duties of the Framemeister when it arrives. Anyone using one at the moment?

cMvUUv1.jpg

cELJduC.jpg

• Advertisement

Well that's amazing.

A man can dream of having a Steve setup......

• Registered Users Posts: 225 ✭✭frasr

And just the corner of the 32bit console in the last pic, can people guess what it is...
    Amiga CD32

• Registered Users Posts: 34,460 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

frasr wrote: »
    And just the corner of the 32bit console in the last pic, can people guess what it is...
    Amiga CD32

A shell full of leaky caps ready to burst? :D Those CD32s are really bad for it apparently :(

Amazing setup Steve! Any of that going out to your CRTs?

o1s1n wrote: »
    A shell full of leaky caps ready to burst? :D Those CD32s are really bad for it apparently :(

Amazing setup Steve! Any of that going out to your CRTs?

I can output the SCART switches to either the Framemeister or direct to CRT. The plan is to output to both at the same time, but I haven't got there just yet.

Master of the Universe

Steve X2 wrote: »
    I can output the SCART switches to either the Framemeister or direct to CRT. The plan is to output to both at the same time, but I haven't got there just yet.

You could output the scart switch to the CRT and (if it's a PVM) use the video out loop on the CRT with a BNC to scart breakout cable to to carry it back to the scart switchers for the frameister.

At least, it works in theory in my head :D

• Advertisement

o1s1n wrote: »
    You could output the scart switch to the CRT and (if it's a PVM) use the video out loop on the CRT with a BNC to scart breakout cable to to carry it back to the scart switchers for the frameister.

At least, it works in theory in my head :D

I get ya, but i don't want something electrically unknown to me in the loop like that(potential source of interference). I have a new dual output scart switch on the way from the same guy who makes the ones I already have. The ones I have do output over a VGA port as well as the SCART, but it's not quite suitable for my setup.

xgscartsw_lite.jpg.pagespeed.ic.3bqL0ATJwv.webp

• Registered Users Posts: 5,772 ✭✭✭Jack burton

Just incase anyone hasn't seen this yet

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hT5NSWS-znc&t=232s

• Registered Users Posts: 1,593 ✭✭✭BGOllie

Had two VS0080 with broken & flyback anode wire and cups. Transplanted new ones from TVs I got at a couple of car boot sales and now I have two more working, Philips New Media Systems VS0080 monitors. They're scart based, handle multiple sync types and 60hz and all sorts of horizontal and vertical adjustments.
    I've filmed one of 'em so I'll edit a video showing what I did soon :

39179900_10156629956043276_2052540745927098368_n.jpg?_nc_cat=0&oh=ec9d8277944793c57e212a06764a1699&oe=5BF33809

Master of the Universe

Nice! They're rebranded 1084s monitors aren't they?

If you ever want to let one go, give me a shout :)

the other way round. Commodore subcontracted Philips to make their 108x series.
    Got 2 of em, broken years ago and brought my old one from france last year. Just got around to fixing them now :) they've become hard to source over the last year actually.

Master of the Universe

Never really thought of that, I guess it makes sense seeing as Philips actually made CRTs and Commodore didn't!

They're gorgeous little monitors. Have a lovely quality to the picture.

yeah. there was a few models too . VS 0080 , 0070 and 0060 (the 3 I got) . Same chassis but they have slightly different adjustment pots and switches. available . think vs 0040 was the monochrome version. They go for cheap, would love to get one just for the sake of completing the collection :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,717 ✭✭✭The Last Bandit

Seems like Philips made a butt load of monitors for everyone, my Acorn one is just another variant of the 1084S with the pcb only half populated.

Back from the dead :)

rLc8zTyh.jpg

Now to not play it for another 10 or so years.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,717 ✭✭✭The Last Bandit

Picked up a few bits over the last while to build a consolised Neogeo that's been on my mind.

New Unibios turned up today and excitement turned to excrement when I popped in my 161-in-1 only to discover its knackered :(

On the plus side, turns out the 8bitdo SNES receivers work perfectly with my supergun design so it'll be a wireless console for me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 629 ✭✭✭sparkthatbled

Hey all, need help sourcing a part. I have an Atari 2600 Woody that I haven't used in a few years. The RF cable no longer works correctly but I can't find the proper replacement cable with mini rca connector anywhere.

Here's the video to that VS0080 with a broken/missing anode lead & cup . There isn't much to it but I had never done it and surprisingly I couldn't find a video about it so I did one instead

... also : disco music :)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,951 ✭✭✭Doge

BGOllie wrote: »
    Here's the video to that VS0080 with a broken/missing anode lead & cup . There isn't much to it but I had never done it and surprisingly I couldn't find a video about it so I did one instead

... also : disco music :)

Sounds more like funk but then there's orchestral hits in it that make it harder to label it with a genre!

I wasn't talking about the intro music :)

BGOllie wrote: »
    I wasn't talking about the intro music :)

Same here! ;)

#genrenitpicking

Okay after listening again it has the Neil Rogers style guitar licks and the orchestral hits, but its very laid back and down tempo sounding.
    Maybe Nu Disco? :p

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 2,164 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1m1tless

Where would you guys recommend getting Marquee artwork printed. I have the design myself. Would want it printed on Translite or similar for backlight.

L1m1tless wrote: »
    Where would you guys recommend getting Marquee artwork printed. I have the design myself. Would want it printed on Translite or similar for backlight.

Muddy music on UKVAC.
    arcade art work .co.uk

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 2,164 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1m1tless

Thanks for that. I'll check it out.

• Advertisement

L1m1tless wrote: »
    Thanks for that. I'll check it out.

His website is https://www.arcadeartshop.com/

Scramble-plexi-marquee.jpg

Advertisement