Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

1901 Census

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 798 ✭✭✭Bicycle

Thanks Genie,

I spent last night trying to correlate ages and names between the 1901 and the 1911 .......

OK experts here, please, what is the correct plural for more than one census? :D:D:D

Thought I was getting places but wasn't.

But I did find my grandmother and some of her relatives and another less populous name, which is good!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,162 ✭✭✭Wyldwood

Technically the plural of census is the same - census. It's a fourth declension noun. However, the accepted plural in general use is censuses.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,554 ✭✭✭✭alwaysadub

Well i've discovered why i'm having trouble finding some of my dad's family. I managed to find my great great grandfather,who says he was 76 in 1901 and 84 in 1911! There's a few more ages which don't add up too.
    A lot of people actually didn't know how old they were,and estimated their age.
    Back to the drawing board for me i think..

Advertisement