Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Toilet blocked with poo!

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,937 ✭✭✭patwicklow

mad m wrote: »
    Well thats fine if its blocked in the Ajay or manhole, but if its blocked in the ubend in toilet then rods are a no go unless you take pan out....There should be cleaning eyes on a stack as well...

If your floaters are getting stuck then you have a bad fall on your sewer...

I'm no plumber either, a painter as well.....:D

lol good one hows trade with you picked up for me few houses on the go and more comming in, and hope it has for plumbers aswell lol

• Registered Users Posts: 1,134 ✭✭✭FarmerGreen

I have one of those Karcher pressure washers.
    If you have the nerve to fire it up, I'll give you the lend of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 362 ✭✭Fluffybums

Store the caustic soda out of reach. It is very acidic and very dangerous once it reacts with moisture.

Minor point, but very basic chemistry. Caustic soda (NaOH) is CAUSTIC, not acidic, that means it a has high pH (an acid has low pH) and is it basic. It can cause severe burns. Generally not nice stuff and should be treated with caution. It dissolves in water and releases heat, so the solution can get very hot if concentrated enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,262 ✭✭✭✭Joey the lips

Fluffybums wrote: »
    Minor point, but very basic chemistry. Caustic soda (NaOH) is CAUSTIC, not acidic, that means it a has high pH (an acid has low pH) and is it basic. It can cause severe burns. Generally not nice stuff and should be treated with caution. It dissolves in water and releases heat, so the solution can get very hot if concentrated enough.

Refere to post no 2 and no 7 of this thread I know its a base but i did not wish to get into that. I just said wear rubber gloves as i know water reacts with it. Regardless it is still one of the best products once correctly used...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,134 ✭✭✭FarmerGreen

Poo is basically mud/clay.
    Attacking it with chemicals is, I feel, misguided.
    The options are-
    move it by mechanical means. emulsifiction with pressurised water, or an ICI No4 initiator.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,262 ✭✭✭✭Joey the lips

Poo is basically mud/clay.
    Attacking it with chemicals is, I feel, misguided.
    The options are-
    move it by mechanical means. emulsifiction with pressurised water, or an ICI No4 initiator.

Toilets dont always clog up because of poo so tbh your arguement is mis guided. and tbh Try using a mechanical means in an apartment block and you will be serverely misguided. :D

But continue on. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,040 ✭✭✭yuloni

This post has been deleted.

Advertisement