Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Avengers (2012) *spoilers from post 1181*

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,731 ✭✭✭Bullseye1

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 35,941 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

Well reading between the lines of the trailer & presuming that the script won't stretch the narrative boundaries too much, I'm going to guess that the first hour of the film will consist of our heroes bickering, arguing and fighting with each other - literally as well as figuratively - before finally realising their potential & coming together to save the world, just when all seems otherwise lost.

It looks like a slick trailer, certainly has plenty of exciting set-pieces by the look of things; I'd still wonder how well it'll all sit together. Also: Captain America's new costume looks utterly ludicrous.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,353 ✭✭✭Sasquatch76

Not understanding the Bay comparisons, unless explosions and debris are trademarked by him?

Anyway, my excitement has risen a tad. Roll on April!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 6,330 Mod ✭✭✭✭PerrinV2

I wish they hadn't shown the hulk catch in that.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,304 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

PerrinV2 wrote: »
    I wish they hadn't shown the hulk catch in that.

Hulk catch?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 6,330 Mod ✭✭✭✭PerrinV2

Skerries wrote: »
    Hulk catch?

where ironman is falling,would have preferred to see that in the cinema

• Registered Users Posts: 10,364 ✭✭✭✭Kylo Ren

That's what I hate about trailers now a days. They show way too much, and in some cases everything that is good in the film.

Keno 92 wrote: »
    That's what I hate about trailers now a days. They show way too much, and in some cases everything that is good in the film.
    Funnliy enough, Norton's Hulk movie was particularly guilty of this... they practically told the whole story in 2 minutes :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 156 ✭✭icarus86

Hi everybody, been lurking on boards for a while now so finally decided to join you fine people on here :D

I would have been a pretty big Marvel fan when i was younger so im really hoping they dont screw this up, and gotta say im looking forward to it the nearer it comes to the release date

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,656 ✭✭✭norrie rugger

OK that is the last trailer that I am going to look at. I do not want to know anymore regarding this

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 17,208 ✭✭✭✭aidan_walsh

OK that is the last trailer that I am going to look at. I do not want to know anymore regarding this

Since its out in 6 weeks I'd imagine this is the last trailer anyway.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,143 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Since its out in 6 weeks I'd imagine this is the last trailer anyway.

6 weeks/ is that all? :D nice

• Registered Users Posts: 6,721 ✭✭✭Otacon

Is the thing at the end the Midgard Serpent?

• Registered Users Posts: 30,746 ✭✭✭✭Galvasean

icarus86 wrote: »
    Hi everybody, been lurking on boards for a while now so finally decided to join you fine people on here :D

I would have been a pretty big Marvel fan when i was younger so im really hoping they dont screw this up, and gotta say im looking forward to it the nearer it comes to the release date

Welcome!

Embrace the geek :)

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,143 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Don't mind Galvasean, icarus86. He's always trying to get people to embrace him.

• Registered Users Posts: 558 ✭✭✭bradolf pittler

Otacon wrote: »
    Is the thing at the end the Midgard Serpent?

its either that or fin fang foom...
    FinFangFoom.jpg

Cant watch the trailer right now but all this talk of Fin Fang Foom has me intrigued...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,234 ✭✭✭Thwip!

Wonder if they'll think to go down the first storyline of The Ultimates in any way or form during the movie...

jpcarlow wrote: »
    Wonder if they'll think to go down the first storyline of The Ultimates in any way or form during the movie...

pretty sure(though could be wrong) at this stage that
    the skrull
    are in it so yea!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,234 ✭✭✭Thwip!

Mickeroo wrote: »
    pretty sure(though could be wrong) at this stage that
    the skrull
    are in it so yea!
    was thinking more along the lines of Hulk rampage (perhaps hinted at by black widow being chased by hulk in the trailer) ...though the Hulk in that story arc was basically a giant green Hornball :P

• Advertisement

Just watched the trailer. Looks really really cool!

Still not digging the 'aliens are invading, time to load my 9mm' shot though :P

Galvasean wrote: »
    Just watched the trailer. Looks really really cool!

Still not digging the 'aliens are invading, time to load my 9mm' shot though :P
    Scarlett's role is essential to the fappers plot, and I won't have another word said against it!

Still not sure why it couldn't be called Marvel's Avengers instead of Avengers Assemble... absolutely atrocious!

Mmmm, aliteration.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 35,941 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

Well for movies with a large ensemble of characters, there's usually a Point of View character, or at the very least an audience surrogate. I presume this will be either Johansson or Renner's character; or maybe both of them.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

pixelburp wrote: »
    Well for movies with a large ensemble of characters, there's usually a Point of View character, or at the very least an audience surrogate. I presume this will be either Johansson or Renner's character; or maybe both of them.

Primarily from the Captains pov from what Whedon has said

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,656 ✭✭✭norrie rugger

pixelburp wrote: »

Hawkeye has a superhuman level of accuracy. He is definately not a POV character, considering the stuff that he can do with exploding/poison/electric/stun arrows.

Yeah they could give Sca-Jo a bit more than a pea shooter, in fairness. She showed in Iron-Man 2 that the character is not exactly helpless.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,988 ✭✭✭constitutionus

its not the may west of a trailer.

not BAD , it just seems to be cut wrong or something. then again seeing as micheal bay can do stonking trailers and the actual films leave something to be desired hopefully the opposite is going on here.

the stuff that bothers me is ruffolo looks like he's on prozac (which in fairness maybe he is in that scene with the black widow, it'd be one way to prevent a hulk out) and caps uniform looks fecking awfull in places.

the helmet just doesnt match the colour scheme of the vest/pants and TBH after they did such a good job on his own film im still somewhat lost as to why they changed it

and i fecking HATE the new title.

yes avengers assemble is their battle cry but for a name of a film wherein four of the main characters have all had their OWN sucessful to VERY successful films to be conscerned about some obscure 60s TV show and forgetable 90s film is just nuts.

no one that this film is aimed at has a clue the other avengers even exists !

fecking marketing men. the least they couldve done is made is small so the avengers bit stands out.

BUT .

all that aside im really looking forward to it. i dont think that scene with thor is a training exercise. i think its either him having moral qualms about others going after his brother and not letting him sort it himself.

or theyre trying to recruit him and he's not happy about it/ thinks therye not worthy of him. it'd be a laugh if after a knock down with cap and ironman that coulson would turn up and thor would just go "well i know him ! why didnt ya get him to ask me? no problem" :)

oh and as for that thing at the end.

is the skrull thing confirmed ?

the reason i ask is because that screams anihilius to me and he's another bloke that'd have an army that could fill the bill too and it looks like one of his ships.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

Hawkeye has a superhuman level of accuracy. He is definately not a POV character, considering the stuff that he can do with exploding/poison/electric/stun arrows.

How do you know this? In the original Avengers comics Hawkeye most definitely is NOT superhuman(unless he takes the odd swig of pym particles, which makes him giant man no 1453). He's just really well trained, like Batman.

The Ultimates version of him does have enhancements though.

How do you know this? In the original Avengers comics Hawkeye most definitely is NOT superhuman(unless he takes the odd swig of pym particles, which makes him giant man no 1453). He's just really well trained, like Batman.

The Ultimates version of him does have enhancements though.

Id say we're firmly in Ultimates territory

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

Id say we're firmly in Ultimates territory

I don't think we can say that, seeing as the film is not 18s.

Thor is not regarded as some wacko eco terrorist, Iron Man is not dying of a brain tumour, we don't have wasp or ant-man, Hulk CANNOT behave the way he did in those books (Hulk HORNY!!! *Cannabalises a villain*).

Hawkeye and Widow do seem to basically be their ultimate incarnations though.

At best it's a melding of Ultimates and 616 Avengers but making outright statements there's no evidence for is a leetle silly at this point, off the back of a few trailers.

• Advertisement

I don't think we can say that, seeing as the film is not 18s.

Thor is not regarded as some wacko eco terrorist, Iron Man is not dying of a brain tumour, we don't have wasp or ant-man, Hulk CANNOT behave the way he did in those books (Hulk HORNY!!! *Cannabalises a villain*).

Hawkeye and Widow do seem to basically be their ultimate incarnations though.

At best it's a melding of Ultimates and 616 Avengers but making outright statements there's no evidence for is a leetle silly at this point, off the back of a few trailers.

Tbh I wasnt looking that deep into it. I was just going by black Nick :pac:

Advertisement