Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

12 year old boy pwns Lady Gaga

Options
2»

Comments

• Moderators Posts: 8,713 ✭✭✭x PyRo

PeakOutput wrote: »
    pretty sure lady gagas version is > nothing

he is good and the audio on the ellen video is far better BUT the song is ****ing tripe he needs a manager to pick a good one for him

Fair point, Crap song but her one is better than his. He sings it all wrong.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,659 ✭✭✭CrazyRabbit

Reading the replies here is like reading Youtube comments...and that's not a compliment.

This is simple really....it's a hard song to sing and he sings it well, whilst playing the piano competently. Also, he is 12 years old, so anyone expecting a deeper voice is delusional. He's nowhere as 'squeky' as other child singers his age either.

And finally, he never claimed that this was an originaly interpretation of the song.

So, fair play to the kid for doing a decent job of the song, and good luck to him in making a career out of singing/songwriting.

EDIT:
    (Just found this: )
    Lady Gaga herself was impressed enough to give the kid a phone call. And he seems like a decent polite kid.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,329 ✭✭✭niallon

[Jackass] wrote: »
    he's more talented than any of us posting on this thread

Bullplop, I can belch the alphabet!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,219 ✭✭✭PK2008

niallon wrote: »
    Bullplop, I can belch the alphabet!

Upload a video to youtube quick, you might get on The Late Late

• Registered Users Posts: 634 ✭✭✭JustLen

Minstrel27 wrote: »
    He is probably not able to play any other songs.

Obviously havent checked out his other vids on YouTube have you?
    By the way the other two songs he wrote himself also, but im guessing you dont rate singing/songwriting and playing an instrument as a talent.:p

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,818 ✭✭✭Minstrel27

JustLen wrote: »
    Obviously havent checked out his other vids on YouTube have you?
    By the way the other two songs he wrote himself also, but im guessing you dont rate singing/songwriting and playing an instrument as a talent.:p

I dont rate his 'talent' as highly as others do obviously. But if he is the next Beethoven then who am I to judge. Wait till his voice breaks then it is career over.

Please don't speculate on what I perceive to be talent as it only makes you look foolish.

I always find it odd that people believe a child singers ability to sing well will suddenly disappear when their voice breaks. The only real change is that the voice will deepen, but they will retain the same control & musicality as before. If anything, their voice is likely to improve.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭wobblyknees

I always find it odd that people believe a child singers ability to sing well will suddenly disappear when their voice breaks. The only real change is that the voice will deepen, but they will retain the same control & musicality as before. If anything, their voice is likely to improve.

Yes, but everyone is an expert!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,992 ✭✭✭✭partyatmygaff

Bitterness runs right through this thread.

I dont rate his 'talent' as highly as others do obviously. But if he is the next Beethoven then who am I to judge. Wait till his voice breaks then it is career over.

Please don't speculate on what I perceive to be talent as it only makes you look foolish.

His talent, whether it exists or not can be judged by all simply by viewing evidence i.e. the video that this thread was created for, however you seem to claim that you can see into the future. Maybe you should contact this young chap and inform him that his "career" will be over.

Which "career" you refer to I'm not sure as Greyson Chance does not seem to have established much of a career, but anyway it's nice to see you think his recent viral success could be described as a career youmust think highly of him.

And oh, once again what you think may happen when his voice breaks is what i would describe as speculation, although I could well be wrong seeing as I am foolish.

Fool.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,051 ✭✭✭winston82

He is probably not able to play any other songs.

Do you work for The Star?

• Registered Users Posts: 757 ✭✭✭colly_06

Thought this was interesting:

• Registered Users Posts: 33,043 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,195 ✭✭✭✭Michellenman

He's got quite a good voice!

How long before he's no longer changing the gender in the song?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,165 ✭✭✭✭brianthebard

Blah. I'm betting the majority of people in this thread who are impressed by the kid never played music or sang (or weren't very good if they did).

• Registered Users Posts: 3,235 ✭✭✭Dave147

It'd be more in his line to get a proper haircut.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭wobblyknees

Blah. I'm betting the majority of people in this thread who are impressed by the kid never played music or sang (or weren't very good if they did).

Lady Gaga sounded pretty impressed to me.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,256 ✭✭✭metaoblivia

On the contrary, I find that real musicians tend to not be so dismissive of young talent.

I attended one of the best colleges in the US for vocal performance, and I'm impressed with this kid. So are many of my music school friends. The boy has had only 3 years of piano lessons and no vocal training. Given that background, he's very good. Does he need improvement? Absolutely, especially his voice. He needs vocal training. But the raw talent is there and his instincts are good, and those are the two things that all of the vocal training in the world can't give you. If he stays with the piano lessons and starts voice lessons, I have no doubt he'll be able to make a living as a professional musician.

He's got quite a good voice!

How long before he's no longer changing the gender in the song?

You are one of those people on Youtube that adds the comment 'Gay' to every video you watch, aren't you?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,195 ✭✭✭✭Michellenman

You are one of those people on Youtube that adds the comment 'Gay' to every video you watch, aren't you?

That'd be a no.

I don't comment on youtube videos. Full stop.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,165 ✭✭✭✭brianthebard

On the contrary, I find that real musicians tend to not be so dismissive of young talent.

I attended one of the best colleges in the US for vocal performance, and I'm impressed with this kid. So are many of my music school friends. The boy has had only 3 years of piano lessons and no vocal training. Given that background, he's very good. Does he need improvement? Absolutely, especially his voice. He needs vocal training. But the raw talent is there and his instincts are good, and those are the two things that all of the vocal training in the world can't give you. If he stays with the piano lessons and starts voice lessons, I have no doubt he'll be able to make a living as a professional musician.

I don't know what your standard is for 'real musician' status, but insults aside, I stand by my point that the fawning in this thread is over the top for what was shown in the video.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,219 ✭✭✭PK2008

I don't know what your standard is for 'real musician' status, but insults aside, I stand by my point that the fawning in this thread is over the top for what was shown in the video.

Well you've killed it for me anyways, thanks wreck da buzz!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,256 ✭✭✭metaoblivia

Someone's a bit sensitive. That wasn't a dig at you at all. You suggested that only non musicians or bad musicians would be impressed. I took that to mean you felt that talented, professional musicians - "real musicians", in my words - wouldn't be, and I disagreed. In my experience, the majority would find flaws, as I did, but they would also see his potential and appreciate that. Most of the musicians I know want to encourage the younger generation, not dismiss them.

And as for fawning, just as many people on here seem as unimpressed as you are, so I don't really see it. No one's saying he's the next Mozart. No one's saying he's the best 12 year old pianist/vocalist in the world. The overall feeling seems to be, Good for him, he's got talent. Which is not inaccurate.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,818 ✭✭✭Minstrel27

winston82 wrote: »
    Do you work for The Star?

I best give you some thanks for that seeing as nobody else did.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,329 ✭✭✭niallon

Not sure if I'm a "real musician" but I've sang all my life and I'm playing guitar ten years. I'm still not impressed. The kid's original compositions are anything but impressive so that rules out songwriting capabilities for the moment. That he hasn't had vocal training sounds a bit dodgey to me, his use of restraint as well as accentuation at the correct points in his performance, to me, suggest he's had some form of coaching, even if it's just his grandmother telling him how to sing, the kid has had assistance IMO.

As for his piano ability, I'll admit I gave up on piano a long time ago and admire his ability to tinkle the ivories. That being said, how much better than any other pianist is he? So what that he's a kid, in my view I wouldn't go next door near a record by him because child musicians to me are just gimmicks ployed by record labels to tap certain markets to which I don't belong.

You may have noticed me using a lot of terms such as "personal" and "in my opinion", that is because of just that reason, I'm just giving my opinion, not trying to dig at anyone.

niallon wrote: »
    You may have noticed me using a lot of terms such as "personal" and "in my opinion", that is because of just that reason, I'm just giving my opinion, not trying to dig at anyone.

Well said!!!
    At the end of the day, all opinions aside the kid has gotten more views on YouTube than anyone on this thread or on Boards i imagine (Possible i could be wrong. but doubt it) and that in itself is a great achievement full stop.

After all this is posted in cool vids & Pics.

So can errrbody just agree to disagree? and pipe the hell down with the hatin' y'all :D:P

If this silly arguing keeps up there could be an incident
    Ye sound like a bunch of old peeps

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7T_MOrnS_UU

Advertisement