Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Donegal Ghost Stories?

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1 patjc

pabaoz wrote: »
    I remember the ghost story involving the Owencarrow viaduct train crash. In 1925 a train crash occurred on the line at the viaduct crossing near Creeslough,a strong gust of wind blew the train over the viaduct killing 4 people .One of those died was a woman. The image of a old woman was spotted by my Mother and at least 4 other people .She would walk to the spot where the train crash happened then she would walk across the viaduct and follow the line over the hill. My mother and others say it was the woman that died in that crash. This woman was spotted a number of times . She was dressed in old style clothes from the 1920s and was wearing a headscarf, she was also seen holding rosary beads. Any body else know of this story
    I also know of the ghost story at Owencarrow viaduct. This woman has been seen many times since that accident. My Mother is from that area and has seen this woman at least 3 times when she was younger. The woman use to walk to the viaduct and stand above the spot where the slab of stone fell on top of the woman .My Mother to this day tells me the woman was Ms Mulligan who died in the accident. I have heard this story from at least five different people over the years

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 pabaoz

Anybody hear of any stories from around the swan park , neds point area of buncrana . I was speaking recently to a few fishermen and amateur photographers that use that area that claim to have seen strange figures near the old keep and bridge . One man who has been fishing that river for 40 years says he seen the apparition of a man near the keep. He seen it for about 10 seconds then it disappeared. This was the only time he ever seen anything this .

• Registered Users Posts: 10 Chrissy6x

Any little stories or myths?

• Registered Users Posts: 33,045 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

Hate to burst the bubble, but no such thing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,379 ✭✭✭donegaLroad

the hoofed feet story is also associated with Loftus Hall in Wexford, I remember hearing it from a local one time I was down there.. story

not Donegal, but seeing as it was mentioned on this thread...

I have a few other stories but I think they are so unique that it would be obvious who the story was about.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 889 ✭✭✭opiniated

not Donegal, but seeing as it was mentioned on this thread...

I have a few other stories but I think they are so unique that it would be obvious who the story was about.

Hmm. No offence, but those are very modern clothes for a family who moved into the house in 1766.

Advertisement