Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dominos make pizza with their bare hands???

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,639 ✭✭✭PeakOutput

Ah come on now, there's a difference between consuming your own sweat, hair, spit, etc than a complete strangers.

only in your head

• Registered Users Posts: 1,148 ✭✭✭plein de force

that's pretty common
    nearly every restaurant makes food with bare hands but they're constantly washed so there's no problem

• Closed Accounts Posts: 852 ✭✭✭moonpurple

have not been to dominos since the dundrum branch decided that as i had one their till roll bogof vouchers he would paint some tomato unto the dough, put on almost invisible amount of cheese ...

pizza hut since then, the best one imo

• Registered Users Posts: 54,595 ✭✭✭✭walshb

I order in pizza, but now this thread has ****ed that up......

Anyway, nothing can be 100 percent guaranteed, but I suppose
    regular hand washing if gloves are not a necessity.

One thing that does bug me is in chippers where staff will handle cooked and
    uncooked food with their bare hands.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,639 ✭✭✭PeakOutput

walshb wrote: »
    I order in pizza, but now this thread has ****ed that up......

Anyway, nothing can be 100 percent guaranteed, but I suppose
    regular hand washing if gloves are not a necessity.

One thing that does bug me is in chippers where staff will handle cooked and
    uncooked food with their bare hands.

actually one thing that did annoy me

i was in abrakebabra in portmarnock last week getting a chick kebab

the supervisor put my raw chicken on the same griddle/hotplate as the cooked kebab and proceded to chop it up

someone who was obviously a regular came in and the supervisor, mid way threw cutting the raw chicken, used the same knife and fork to pick up and hand the regular a piece of the cooked kebab

its the closest iv ever been to calling someone i didnt know a ****ing retard straight to their face

it ALMOST put me off my kebab ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 54,595 ✭✭✭✭walshb

PeakOutput wrote: »
    actually one thing that did annoy me

i was in abrakebabra in portmarnock last week getting a chick kebab

the supervisor put my raw chicken on the same griddle/hotplate as the cooked kebab and proceded to chop it up

someone who was obviously a regular came in and the supervisor, mid way threw cutting the raw chicken, used the same knife and fork to pick up and hand the regular a piece of the cooked kebab

its the closest iv ever been to calling someone i didnt know a ****ing retard straight to their face

it ALMOST put me off my kebab ;)

I get you; though my post was more to do with simply handling the foods, I wasn't thinking of the whole cooked/uncooked thing. But, well spotted and so true!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 188 ✭✭eddie the eagle

i dont mind the fact that they make my pizza with their bare hands, and as was pointed out it goes into the oven afterwards. but my problem, and its the weak link in the dominos hygiene chain, is what happens after it comes out of the oven. anytime i've been in dominos when it's really busy the delivery drivers are drafted in to slice and box the pizzas. sometimes they take it upon themselves to do it so they can get their order ready and be on their way. these guys definatly dont wash their hands

• Registered Users Posts: 560 ✭✭✭nicegirl

I was in Dominos with a friend tonight, usually never eat fast food as I'm allergic to eggs and some other foods so have to be careful. Anyway you could see where they were preparing the pizza and to my horror the guy was rolling the dough, spreading the toppings etc with his bare hands!! I asked my friend and he said that's the same in all dominos?? He could have anything on his hands! Wiped his nose, etc.

Does anyone find this disgusting? And is this normal, like does it go on in apache, four star, etc also?

Ya thats disgusting. I have gone off Domino's lately, but this has really put me off them!

I don't see any problem with this.. Who cares as long as it tastes good and doesn't harm you.

You put more damaging stuff in your body every weekend.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,770 ✭✭✭Bottle_of_Smoke

Used to work there. The instruction was to sanitize your hands before you go on the food prep line.

There was a sanitizer we were told to use after handling chicken or jalepeno peppers, (and to wipe dry with tissue)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 332 ✭✭freighter

No I don't live under a rock, and I don't eat in restaurants either so the chef comment doesn't mean anything. I'm forced to prepare my own food so I just had never seen anything like this before and wondered was it normal, apparently it is. I just found it it a bit disgusting, I know cooking the food kills the germs but seeing some teenager practically maul the dough with his bare hands that I would then be eating was horrible.

I presume you wear big rubber gloves when preparing your own food so:)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,035 ✭✭✭BKtje

Wearing rubber gloves can be dangerous to the employee, mainly while using slicing equipment or knives as you can't see where you hand starts and glove stops.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,097 ✭✭✭Herb Powell

No I don't live under a rock, and I don't eat in restaurants either so the chef comment doesn't mean anything. I'm forced to prepare my own food so I just had never seen anything like this before and wondered was it normal, apparently it is. I just found it it a bit disgusting, I know cooking the food kills the germs but seeing some teenager practically maul the dough with his bare hands that I would then be eating was horrible.
    well how the **** else is it supposed to be made?????

• Registered Users Posts: 276 ✭✭kwinabeeste

BKtje wrote: »
    Wearing rubber gloves can be dangerous to the employee, mainly while using slicing equipment or knives as you can't see where you hand starts and glove stops.

and if you have gloves on a while your hands sweat. If you get a little tear on the gloves this will all drip out :eek:

No gloves and washing hands is the safest way!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,657 ✭✭✭magnumlady

Last time I was in Domino's the guy wiped his nose, touched the bin, counted money and then took the pizzas out of the oven and put them in boxes. He didn't wash his hands once.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,723 ✭✭✭Cheap Thrills!

I EAT pizza with me bare mouth !!! :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,931 ✭✭✭Prof.Badass

Yeah I've seen it happen everywhere. I see no problem, sure aren't they cooking the food to kill all the germs. You think chefs wear gloves? If they were serving it raw with bare hands then it'd be a different matter.

Not that i agree with the OP, but if I cooked a turd at 180 degrees for an hour would you be ok with eating it?

vinylmesh wrote: »
    Not that i agree with the OP, but if I cooked a turd at 180 degrees for an hour would you be ok with eating it?

But then again, we are talking about food for human consumption, not for flies!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 60 ✭✭ROTTING CHRIST

freighter wrote: »
    I presume you wear big rubber gloves when preparing your own food so:)

you can't differentiate between handling your own food, and someone else handling it ?

nicegirl wrote: »
    Ya thats disgusting. I have gone off Domino's lately, but this has really put me off them!

Thank you! I knew I wasn't alone in thinking this, and if half the people here were in the same situation actually watching the teenagers maul the dough, you seriously wouldn't bat an eyelid? The thoughts that he might have wiped his nose (as somebody already witnessed) , scratched his arse, wiped sweat off his forehead, coughed into his hand, etc never even enters your mind?

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,464 ✭✭✭Celly Smunt

Thank you! I knew I wasn't alone in thinking this, and if half the people here were in the same situation actually watching the teenagers maul the dough, you seriously wouldn't bat an eyelid? The thoughts that he might have wiped his nose (as somebody already witnessed) , scratched his arse, wiped sweat off his forehead, coughed into his hand, etc never even enters your mind?
    it goes through an oven at 246 degrees for 8 minutes,all bacteria is killed,and how the hell else is pizza supposed to be made without stretching and slapping the dough?

pmcmahon wrote: »
    it goes through an oven at 246 degrees for 8 minutes,all bacteria is killed,

So you HONESTLY would have no problem at all, if someone spat, sweated, bled, pissed, sneezed, put hair, fingernails, etc all over your pizza so long as it goes through a 246 degrees oven? ... Yeah.. sure mate..
    and how the hell else is pizza supposed to be made without stretching and slapping the dough?

There's several machines available to do this, I'm sure dominos can afford them.

http://amritenggworks.tradeindia.com/Exporters_Suppliers/Exporter17382.267803/Automatic-Pizza-Base-Making-Machine.html

http://www.burgessfoodequipment.co.uk/pizzamc.html

http://www.anko.com.tw/eng/products/prd_content.aspx?Tcode=&NO=1079&Vcode=1120&Rnd=0.4068341

http://www.abpatlas.com.au/pizza/roller/atlas_roller.shtml

• Registered Users Posts: 3,732 ✭✭✭Reganio 2

Sorry for singling you out but are you that retarded that you can't differentiate between handling your own food, and someone else handling it?

Have you ever kissed a random girl/fella/transvestite on a night out? Did you ask her/him/it to "Brush your teeth with a bit of colgate and floss before I stick my tongue in there" I highly doubt you did.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,526 ✭✭✭m@cc@

So you HONESTLY would have no problem at all, if someone spat, sweated, bled, pissed, sneezed, put hair, fingernails, etc all over your pizza so long as it goes through a 246 degrees oven? ... Yeah.. sure mate..

There's several machines available to do this, I'm sure dominos can afford them.

http://amritenggworks.tradeindia.com/Exporters_Suppliers/Exporter17382.267803/Automatic-Pizza-Base-Making-Machine.html

http://www.anko.com.tw/eng/products/prd_content.aspx?Tcode=&NO=1079&Vcode=1120&Rnd=0.4068341

FFS, you've thought far too much about this. Food prepared by equipment is not a guarantee of hygenie. Word to the wise, most people don't care about people using their bare hands, you do. The most practical solution I can think for you is to stay at home and live out of your kitchen.

first of all,no body is going to do any of them things when a customer is standing there observing him making a pizza get real and stop being paranoid

Pizza rollers,first of all if i wanted a machine made pizza i'd go to dunnes and pick-up a goodfellas pizza.secondly,the hand preperation of a pizza determines the quality,for example a Papa John's pizza is stretched completely different to a domino's one,this is like the trademark in the difference between pizzas,dominos don't produce a crust by handling,the sauce keeps the middle down while the crust rises up due to having no weight on it,while papa johns engrave their crust so they have a much more detailed crust.If company's started using those machines,all the pizzas would be pretty much the same.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 884 ✭✭✭ya-ba-da-ba-doo

I used to work in dominos, oh the "extra toppings" we gave some people..

(may not be true) :P

(may not be true) :P
    snap!,cept i wasn't in dominos,we gave a side order of crabs

pmcmahon wrote: »
    first of all,no body is going to do any of them things when a customer is standing there observing him making a pizza get real and stop being paranoid

So you are saying the 246 degree cooking argument is flawed then? Because it seems you do care if those bodily fluids etc end up on your pizza. And just because you don't observe the guy actually wiping his nose etc, (say you telephone the pizza which I'm sure most people do) that it doesn't happen? Yawn.

And to your second point, you asked
    and how the hell else is pizza supposed to be made without stretching and slapping the dough?

I was merely demonstrating that other methods do exist. I couldn't give a flying f**k about your pizza base preferences.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,526 ✭✭✭m@cc@

I call it the 'Dominos effect'. :p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,889 ✭✭✭evercloserunion

I f*cking love Dominoes.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement