Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Surly Long Haul trucker

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 932 ✭✭✭DualFrontDiscs

CramCycle wrote: »
    My rent problems are over, how much for one of those?
    Not sure how much, you might have to sell the farm ;)
    114353.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 7,604 ✭✭✭petethedrummer

Why aspire to living in a car, when you could live in one of these:
    You should email that to Jeremy Clarkson. His head would explode at the idea of a bicycle caravan.....bicycleavan.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,648 Mod ✭✭✭✭CramCycle

The last time I tried to sell the farm the occupants revolted and stole my bike :mad:

cow_on_a_bicycle-mls.jpg

I gave up the dream that day

• Registered Users Posts: 7,604 ✭✭✭petethedrummer

Did you do anymore on this CramCycle? Does anyone have one? I've been looking at Long Haul Trucker myself recently. I'm having a work related mid-life crisis and need to go find myself. I was thinking the LHT might be the bike to do it on.:D

I found this link for sizing: http://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc?key=pdb5rlL1ns0XLxM31WpvkCw#gid=0

Think I'll go for the 54 myself. I like a 55cm horizontal top tube in a bike.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,648 Mod ✭✭✭✭CramCycle

Did you do anymore on this CramCycle?

Still looking at the minute, absolutely skint at the mo

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 739 ✭✭✭papac

need to go find myself.

Good luck with that. Have a look fo me while your at it please.;)

Seriously though-I saw a Bob Jackson frame in London a while back and was very impressed with the finish etc. So much nicer than the LHT imo.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,038 ✭✭✭penexpers

Yeah I'm a big Surly fan (have two of their frames already) but for my next one, I'd be mighty tempted by the Bob Jackson. Currently thinking about the Audax End-End rather than the World Tour.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 42 Mickeybags

I bought Surly LHT frame from Wiggle almost 3 years ago and got my local bike shop to build it with the parts I specified.

I toured from Perth to Brisbane with it. Did 8,000 K's
    Only mechanical was a broken spoke.
    Although i had 36 spoke hand built wheels I would be more careful about choosing my wheels next time.

In summary its not about looks, weight or bling but dependability

Advertisement