Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Should car insurance go down?

Options
2»

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

Gitb1 wrote: »
    Thats because the risk of causing an accident in a skyline is higher than in an astra not becasue its worth more
    How is it higher?

• Registered Users Posts: 393 ✭✭Gitb1

How is it higher?

Seriously?

Most astras are 1.4 or 1.6 petrol or iirc 1.7 diesel. R34 skylines come in 2.0 2.5 and 2.6 petrols so are quite considerably quicker than astras.

Theres also a lot less skylines in Ireland and a lot more astras so I can guarantee a much higher percentage of skylines are wrote off.

Thats why there deemed a higher risk amongst other reasons

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

Seriously?

Most astras are 1.4 or 1.6 petrol or iirc 1.7 diesel. R34 skylines come in 2.0 2.5 and 2.6 petrols so are quite considerably quicker than astras.

Theres also a lot less skylines in Ireland and a lot more astras so I can guarantee a much higher percentage of skylines are wrote off.

Seriously? They're faster so they're a higher risk?

So if I drive an Astra on Monday and a Skyline on Tuesday, I'm more likely to crash on Tuesday?

Doesn't exactly make sense, does it?

Is it the car that makes me crash, or is it me?

• Registered Users Posts: 26,282 ✭✭✭✭Eric Cartman

Seriously?

ok well lets take a figaro (awful yokes) and a 320d bmw , tonnes of the bmw's , handful of figaros, ignoring top speed, they have a not too different power to weight ratio yet an 18 year old male would have to bend over to pay the 320's insurance even though hes no more likely to crash the bmw and theres f*ck all figaros in ireland and theres an e36 round every corner

• Registered Users Posts: 393 ✭✭Gitb1

ok well lets take a figaro (awful yokes) and a 320d bmw , tonnes of the bmw's , handful of figaros, ignoring top speed, they have a not too different power to weight ratio yet an 18 year old male would have to bend over to pay the 320's insurance even though hes no more likely to crash the bmw and theres f*ck all figaros in ireland and theres an e36 round every corner

I understand where your coming from but if you were to look at a list of claims made by 17-23 year old males there would be more claims made on 3 series bmws than there is by lads driving figaros.
    Seriously? They're faster so they're a higher risk?

Yes, and I'd say that the majority people would agree

• Advertisement
Advertisement