Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Do you still have your teddies?

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,094 ✭✭✭jd007

Yes, but not all of them.
    Abigayle wrote: »
    Don't be the hard man, of course boys have teddies !

My brother still has his since he was a baby. Hes missing an eye but he still loves him. Hes 26 now =P

I thought you were talking about your brother for a second! :o:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,659 ✭✭✭CrazyRabbit

I had a teddy when I was younger. But at night, he would stare at me and freak me out. I only fell asleep through sheer exhaustion, and would usually wake up having nightmares about teddy hunting me down.

And he would break or steal things knowing that I would get the blame. Nobody ever believed me when I told them it was teddy.

Thing only got worse, and before I knew it, teddy was starting fires.

Eventually, I took a chainsaw from the garage and killed teddy by cutting him up into thousands of pieces whilst in a terrible rage. I think me parents realised then just how much teddy had traumatised me and they sent me to a therapist to help me get over teddys reign of terrror.

That was 22 years ago, and my therapist says I'm almost better now. She says I just have to get past the 'denial phase' whatever that means.

Teddy's are evil.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,058 ✭✭✭✭Abi

I had another two teddies, but my mother threw them out :mad:

I was hysterical for nearly a week of not being able to find them, until she gave in and told me she thought I'd grown up and didn't need them anymore. The bitch. She couldn't find the other one I have now so thats how I still have him, (I kept him in my school bag).

I told my Dad on her as soon as he got home, and he gave out to her :pac:

/high fives Daddy
    jd007 wrote: »
    I thought you were talking about your brother for a second! :o:pac:

Oh no, he still has both eyes. Although he is missing a brain.. but thats a whole other story and you'll need beer and popcorn for that one :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,249 ✭✭✭DubMedic

Anyone remember Bashful?

DubMedic wrote: »
    Anyone remember Bashful?

Bashful bunny :)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,657 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

I was given a blanket when I was born that I still sleep with. It moved to Edinburgh with me, back from Edinburgh with me, and used compete for attention with my ex (he cuddled me, I cuddled the blanket). I washed it last night and now it smells all wrong :(. I also have a teddy that I've had since I was very young, but I rarely actually cuddle him any more. Mostly he just sits on my bed and chills out.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,554 ✭✭✭✭alwaysadub

I have my teddy i was given when i was born up above my wardrobe so none of my nieces or nephews can get their grubby little mitts on him :D
    my mam went to give my 1st toy dog to my little niece the other day,i nearly had a heart attack. Took it back and have it on my dressing table!

I did give all my other teddies away to my nephew when he was younger before people start thinking i'm a scabby bitch! He better not have given them away though..

• Registered Users Posts: 9,238 ✭✭✭Ardennes1944

No.
    18,still have the bear i have since 2 in my bed

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,009 ✭✭✭✭Run_to_da_hills

Never had teddies.
    My younger sister has a Common Market teddy, (1973) it was passed down to her daughters, then about three years the dog took the head off it, she was quoted €120 to get it repaired. :eek:

I think it is still headless.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 11,362 ✭✭✭✭Scarinae

I used to have so many teddies, about 70 or 80 at one point! I really thought that they were real and moved around and talked and things when I wasn't there - Toy Story obviously stole my idea :mad:

Every single one of them had its own name. They wouldn't all fit in my bed with me and I didn't want any of them to think that I had favourites (even though, secretly, I did) because it might hurt their feelings, so I had a strict rotation system. I think I had five with me each night, and I would replace one every morning. All of their names were on a list written in colouring pencils that I kept on my wall, and I had an arrow that I would stick on with blu-tack so I knew who was next.

If I was going on holidays and could only take one teddy with me, I would make raffle tickets for them all and then do a draw. Once I cheated so that one of my favourites could come to Sweden with me :o

Most of my teddies have been given away, but my Mum let me go through them and keep the ones that really mean a lot eg. the teddy I got on the day I was born

• Advertisement

stevefinn wrote: »
    18,still have the bear i have since 2 in my bed

Oh sweet jesus :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,191 ✭✭✭✭Latchy

Cant rememebr teddys as such from chidhood although I am always reminded by my mother of the comfort blanket which I was forever inserting the corner of into my nose ? :p

Apparently I had it for ages and held onto for dear life :pac:

Fishie wrote: »
    I didn't want any of them to think that I had favourites (even though, secretly, I did) because it might hurt their feelings, so I had a strict rotation system.
    Lmao! I thought I was the only one :o

I only had three, but there was a rotation of which one got to sleep closest to me. I'd sleep on my side with the three of them lined up beside me, and unless I changed the sleeping arrangement I thought they'd get upset lol.

Once I cheated so that one of my favourites could come to Sweden with me :o
    You know the others never forgot, right? :p

Fishie wrote: »
    :

Every single one of them had its own name. They wouldn't all fit in my bed with me and I didn't want any of them to think that I had favourites (even though, secretly, I did) because it might hurt their feelings, so I had a strict rotation system.

I only had three, but there was a rotation of which one got to sleep closest to me. I'd sleep on my side with the three of them lined up beside me, and unless I changed the sleeping arrangement I thought they'd get upset lol.

Gurls and their teddies :D

How considerete and thoughtful of you both :pac: :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,698 ✭✭✭Risteard

I remember my favourite one as a child and still have it though he's a bit ragged at this stage.

It was a Teddy version of this.

I named him Charlie and lost him one day on the train up to Dublin, but managed to get him back (or what I presumed was the same one at the time.)

*sigh* Simpler times.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,492 ✭✭✭Thomas828

Teddy bears? Yes, I had one which my Granny made for me when I was born. I never gave him a name, for some reason. There was also Big Panda and Wee Panda, a little blue dog called Rover, a big black dog called Snoopy, also made by my Granny, a cat called Wilbur and a monkey called, er, Monkey.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,228 ✭✭✭epgc3fyqirnbsx

There used to be a big old Panda bear in our play room, he was just like Ted that Ray Darcy used to fight with on the Den.
    I only used him for practicing my Street Fighter II Ryu moves on. Then he split open and there were styrofoam balls everywhere and Slasher got in trouble

• Registered Users Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭Holsten

I have no idea, I think they're all up in the attic unless my parents gave them away.

Latchy wrote: »
    Gurls and their teddies :D

How considerete and thoughtful of you both :pac: :)

Shuuuut uuuup! Least they weren't dollies! :p

And they were all 'boy' teddies ;)
    There used to be a big old Panda bear in our play room, he was just like Ted that Ray Darcy used to fight with on the Den.
    I only used him for practicing my Street Fighter II Ryu moves on. Then he split open and there were styrofoam balls everywhere and Slasher got in trouble

You would have facinated me :D

I batted for the forces of evil big time. If I could find a way of pissing off my siblings I'd do it. My sister was the buck opposite of me, had the whole dolly and pram thing going on (sick shit if you ask me). Everyone always sided with her because she threw the cutesy act to win people over. This pissed me off greatly, so after she threw a fake sicky and I'd had a hard day at national school, I gave her dolly a buzz cut. She was devastated :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,228 ✭✭✭epgc3fyqirnbsx

You would have facinated me :D

I batted for the forces of evil big time. If I could find a way of pissing off my siblings I'd do it. My sister was the buck opposite of me, had the whole dolly and pram thing going on (sick shit if you ask me). Everyone always sided with her because she threw the cutesy act to win people over. This pissed me off greatly, so after she threw a fake sicky and I'd had a hard day at national school, I gave her dolly a buzz cut. She was devastated :)

:eek: You're poor sister!! :rolleyes:
    Nice one though :D Tomboys FTW!

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,869 ✭✭✭Mahatma coat

Never had teddies.
    that reminds me of the time my Little Sister saw Reservoir Dogs, I also owned a cutthroat razor at the time, so you can gues what happened to her Childhood teddy :eek:

what I remember most was the ease at which she took to slicing bits off things she had a close emotional bond to.

Shuuuut uuuup! Least they weren't dollies! :p

Teddie boys far more intresting than the dollies yuss :p
    And they were all 'boy' teddies ;)

Oooh , Was there any other kind ? ;)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,869 ✭✭✭Mahatma coat

Never had teddies.
    Ah but your readin my post like is a bad thing

I was well impressed at her clinical detachment from emotion;)

I taught her Well

Latchy wrote: »
    Teddie bears far more intresting than the dollies yuss :p
    Nyes, always :)
    Oooh , Was there any other kind ? ;)
    Nope, never :D
    Ah but your readin my post like is a bad thing

I was well impressed at her clinical detachment from emotion;)

I taught her Well

I was not reading that as a bad thing ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,593 ✭✭✭Sea Sharp

yea, I still have the teddy that was bought for me when I was born on the top shelf of my wardrobe. Never had any other teddys though.

• Registered Users Posts: 359 ✭✭jigglywoo

I have one teddy from when I was about 6.

One time my brother stuck all my teddies in the toilet :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,493 ✭✭✭DazMarz

No.
    I still have all my teddies and Beanie Babies!!!

I have them in a big box in my wardrobe! And I'm never giving them away or getting rid of them!

They were the best things I had as a kid, and I'm gonna keep em. Some proper classics and gorgeous ones there too! Little baby seal teddy that I remember...

Simpler times....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 116 ✭✭t4k30

No.
    I have em !

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 11,362 ✭✭✭✭Scarinae

I've never found somebody else that did that! We were just being considerate, I don't think that's a bad trait!
    You know the others never forgot, right? :p

Ahhhhhh especially the ones that I allowed my mum to give away! :D

Hahaha brilliant...
    DazMarz wrote: »
    I still have all my teddies and Beanie Babies!!!

I have them in a big box in my wardrobe! And I'm never giving them away or getting rid of them!

They were the best things I had as a kid, and I'm gonna keep em. Some proper classics and gorgeous ones there too! Little baby seal teddy that I remember...

Simpler times....

Did you deliberately collect the Beanie Babies because they would be a collector's item someday? One of my friends did that, she had all these plans to be a millionaire from them, she even had these little plastic covers for the tags so that they wouldn't get ripped or dog-eared or anything.

I always saw them as teddies though, rather than collector's items! When I was about nine my grandparents went to Canada for a wedding, and brought me back one as a present, it was a dog called Wrinkles. When my friend found out she was like "OHMYGOD you have Wrinkles, can I buy it?" because it was a limited edition one only sold in North America (or something...) I said no because it had been a present, but she tried to persuade me for ages! Then finally she asked if the tags were still on, and they weren't because my granny had cut them off (as you do before giving a toy to a child), and my friend was like "Oh ok, it's worthless then" :mad: Not to me it wasn't!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,080 ✭✭✭McChubbin

Oldest "teddy" I have would be an original Pikachu plushie from 1997. It's up in the attic right now, along with a few other teddies won down in Bray.
    My favorite, though, would be my stuffed dugong. (not a Pokemon one, just a regular plushie manitee) His name is Wilbur and he's awesome.
    Won him from a grabber machine when I was 12. First thing I ever won on my own.

Advertisement