Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Rugby game for PS3 and XBOX360

Options
2»

Comments

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 3,807 ✭✭✭castie

Ye like kicks from inside your 22 always going over the fullbacks head and into touch inside their 22 when using wilkinson.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,025 ✭✭✭d'Oracle

bossa_nova wrote: »
    what does everyone here think about rugby 06?? havent played 08 at all, but i always thought 06 was a really good attempt at a rugby game, still play it every now and again, didnt think there was much wrong with it other than the limited lineouts and coming up against Wilkonson and him kicking the ball from his in goal all the way to your 5 meter :pac::pac:

Old game is old.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,978 ✭✭✭✭irishbucsfan

I tried to like it... but in fairness it was fairly rubbish. Good fun tho at times.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,053 ✭✭✭Gracelessly Tom

Does anyone remember the rugby game on the megadrive? Very simple but alot of fun. Little bit too easy to score tries with the wingers but still a good attempt at a minority sport as it was back then.

Lomu has got to be up there as the most fun rugby game yet. Update it, repackage it and you'd have a hit I reckon.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,375 ✭✭✭GiftofGab

Can't wait for this. Very difficult to implement thou. Still, I would have said the same about American football and they seem to have a classic xbox NFL game.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,956 ✭✭✭Cool_CM

profitius wrote: »

At least nobody can cheat in it... I presume! :D

Hands in the ruck is an option in Rugby 08 the same way that collapsing the scrum is.

9 times out of 10 the ref will call it, but the odd time it lets you away with it. Same as the dive combination in Pro Ev.

2 things that my housemate used to always get away with at crucial stages of our matches.....:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,726 ✭✭✭pappyodaniel

Bump

Here's a facebook link to a Rugby2012 group. There's not much info available on this game. If you can find any post it here.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,026 ✭✭✭B0X

At the moment RugbyChallenge looks more promising than Rugby 2012. At least they've showcased some of the work they've done (there's a video of them showing some players their ingame models and another of them getting motion capture data).

The developers of Rugby 2012, on the other hand, seem bizzare on their forums, they never update on what they're doing saying "You'll know when it's done" and they take critisism of their handling of PR really badly. It'll be interesting to see if that game comes out at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,106 ✭✭✭andrewdcs

B0X wrote: »
    At the moment RugbyChallenge looks more promising than Rugby 2012. At least they've showcased some of the work they've done (there's a video of them showing some players their ingame models and another of them getting motion capture data).

The developers of Rugby 2012, on the other hand, seem bizzare on their forums, they never update on what they're doing saying "You'll know when it's done" and they take critisism of their handling of PR really badly. It'll be interesting to see if that game comes out at all.

nice one! NZ is a bit of a mecca since WETA / LOTR tech took off 10 years ago, wouldnt doubt their moxy. Vancouver for FIFA 2010 on the other side of the big pond stuffed to the gills with games devs too. tax breaks dont cha know. I know where I'd want a rugby game made...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,684 ✭✭✭JustinDee

I've seen screenshots of the Aviva and player details submitted for approval. Looks alright if that's your thing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,889 ✭✭✭tolosenc

JustinDee wrote: »
    I've seen screenshots of the Aviva and player details submitted for approval. Looks alright if that's your thing.

Link?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,684 ✭✭✭JustinDee

tolosenc wrote: »
    Link?
    I saw it here in office. Screenshots were submitted for approval of branding etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,726 ✭✭✭pappyodaniel

Madness. No game for YEARS and then 2 will come along at once. We'll have to find out for definate which game is superior and then start an xbox live tournament between the rugby boardsies.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,249 ✭✭✭Stev_o

Madness. No game for YEARS and then 2 will come along at once. We'll have to find out for definate which game is superior and then start an xbox live tournament between the rugby boardsies.

Having played RL2 which was Sidhes last rugby game im 100% behind them. HB Studios "rugby" games have been a embarrassment and gameplay involves pass pass pass BOD goes to score a 100 meter try runs back towards his goal posts and then runs back to the opposition try line to score.

Least in RL you were trying to find overlaps and what not. The attacking mechanics actually made sense.

Have a look at the gameplay videos (Im not saying RL3 is perfect the difference between normal and hard gameplay is huge)

Second video in particular you ll see that it's a case of hoping you find the defensive line a bit dog legged and exploiting that.

And then Rugby 08 *shudder*

It's just so awful to look at. Mini rugby is better organised then this. Players grouping in a giant mesh. A defence line which for Wales try sees a winger standing out wide and acres and acres of space between him and the defender in the 10 channel. That never happens in real life.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,026 ✭✭✭B0X

JustinDee wrote: »

Which game was it for do you know? I knew that Rugby Challenge had been getting player details a couple of months ago because one of the Brumbies players mentioned it in his blog or something.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,420 ✭✭✭Magic Eight Ball

Rugby 2006 is the only reason I still have a PS2. :D

Advertisement