Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

North County Leader

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,506 ✭✭✭Damo 2k9

"I don’t want any person to come to harm at the hands of these products which do have the potential to cause serious injury or death."
    What a load of bull****! :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,363 ✭✭✭gerrowadat

So he's demanding a bunch of stuff that's already happening or has happened. Yay.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,984 ✭✭✭FingalAirsoft

gerrowadat wrote: »
    So he's demanding a bunch of stuff that's already happening or has happened. Yay.

Yep he's a bit late...lol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,340 ✭✭✭deco nate

comparing airsoft to headshops,he is off his head!!
    doesnt he know about the new laws that are
    comin in place,metinks the iaa should get on to him
    and have a chat,really bad comparing airsoft with
    headsoft.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,363 ✭✭✭gerrowadat

deco nate wrote: »
    comparing airsoft to headshops,he is off his head!!
    doesnt he know about the new laws that are
    comin in place,metinks the iaa should get on to him
    and have a chat,really bad comparing airsoft with
    headsoft.

Give him a bell if he's your local TD, there's an election coming up like it or not.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,340 ✭✭✭deco nate

belive me i would,if i lived in his area.

• Registered Users Posts: 171 ✭✭captaindanwaldo

Is it just me or does it appear like hes encouraging people to break the new law on personal importation because he considers it safer? Its all so...backwards!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,321 ✭✭✭Daz1214

The website of one particular firm states that it ‘is legal in the Republic of Ireland to collect, possess and regularly use’ these items

hes obviously completely clueless to the law as well

• Registered Users Posts: 373 ✭✭desertstorm

• Registered Users Posts: 365 ✭✭The_ChiefDUB

Just wrote him an email there suggesting that he should have spoken to the IAA before he went off looking for column inches with uneducated scare mongering.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 609 ✭✭✭JonnyTwoCombs

Uneducated buffoon! :eek: Fianna Fáil, Fianna FAIL more like! :D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 171 ✭✭captaindanwaldo

Uneducated buffoon! :eek: Fianna Fáil, Fianna FAIL more like! :D:D

Sir, I salute you!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,778 ✭✭✭Sod'o swords

It's ok, just go on his website and send a strongly worded email.
    Oh wait
    If you see this page it means that Apache Domain Service for this domain is locked, or there's no such Apache Domain Service registered in Parallels Operations Automation.

• Registered Users Posts: 913 ✭✭✭fayer

gerrowadat wrote: »

This proves the standard of our TD's. Its embarrassing to have idiots in office like this that dont even know what law their own party has brought in.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,438 ✭✭✭✭thermo

,,,,,,,,,,,,,,idiot,,,,,,,,,,,, elections are coming, our politicians are a joke, oh look a distraction!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,401 ✭✭✭Shiva

I wonder what his thoughts are on the upcoming Divorce Referendum ?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,438 ✭✭✭✭thermo

i wonder what his thoughts are on assisting the country in getting out of the recession, instead of spending his time talking this sh1t!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,397 ✭✭✭MerryDespot

FFS!!!!!

Seriously, this is the sort of supremely stupid crap that people churn out as a sad attempt to get some column inches. And look ... it worked!
    The least I'd expect from my TD would be to:
    1. Get his facts right
    2. Sound out both sides of the argument (i.e. talk to some bloody airsofters not just the average NIMBY muppets who have nothing better to do than complain to make their sad little lives feel a little better)
    3. Perhaps not waste his/her time on this pointless and alarmist drivel when there are, as Thermo and others pointed out, real problems that need to be dealt with. Aside from the fecking hole we've dug ourselves into with the finances (or lack thereof) in this country - what about going after the countless armed criminals instead of some lads engaging a perfectly legit sport!!!

I'm sorry, as serious as this topic is, I need to invoke the facepalm to calm myself the hell down:
    picardfacepalmm.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 4,612 ✭✭✭bullets

Hopefully the IAA will provide some response to his comments.

One thing I have noticed though is that Head Shops tend
    to stock overpriced ****e airsoft gear! Drugs n guns and all that gangsta rappa sh1tttte seems to go hand in hand.

The head shops of late seem to even start to paint orange tips on cheap airsoft gear or do some two-toneing.

There was 3 head shops in Limerick in total.
    2 owned by same owner and one that was like a Mmmad store.

The MMmaad store closed down, but the 2 other were kept open selling bongs, elvis mirror, fluffy pink steering wheel covers, loads of bathsalts and fish food that could be snorted to make you high as well as cheap crap overpriced airsoft guns and some illegal Crossbow pistols that were defo over the ole 1j. The types that went in there to shop were scumbags, looser stoners and under age kids.

While I dont give a damn what people willfully smoke/take
    dont like seeing airsoft gear (regardless of quality) being sold willy nilly in places like this. It gives off the wrong vibe,
    signal to joe soap public.

~B

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭Masada

The north county who?????

in fairness lads, were only giving thier poxy little failure of a paper some google results by even bothering to get offended on here, let alone the fool they have talking in it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,397 ✭✭✭MerryDespot

Fair point Masada - but aren't a few of the sites within the 'catchment' of that paper? But yeah, waste of time that could be better spent doing something else.

• Registered Users Posts: 779 ✭✭✭*DOBBY*

I have sent an email to Michael Kennedy, polite but very direct;).
    Will let you know if I hear back.
    Ah politicians.....

• Registered Users Posts: 471 ✭✭roryk1

im sorry to say that this man is my areas td some1 is voting sinn feinn nxt time around:D

• Registered Users Posts: 295 ✭✭judas1369

Yet another fine example of the FF smoke and mirrors show. Just about anything these days that serves as a distraction these days is fair game.
    I do live in this constituency and shall be contacting his office re his ill informed comments and shall be pointing out that I am a registered voter and this sort of knee jerk off the cuff performance will only serve in my vote going elsewhere. If you do share your opinions on the subject with his office and are registered to vote, be sure to point this out as no politician will be too keen on alienating potential votes particularly if they represent FF.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,021 ✭✭✭Hivemind187

roryk1 wrote: »
    im sorry to say that this man is my areas td some1 is voting sinn feinn nxt time around:D

Would this be the same Sinn Fein who two years ago said they were

"... concerned about the proliferation of these obviously dangerous imitation weapons in the community."

... I remember we all had a chuckle at the irony of that one. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 191 ✭✭SpookyBastard

Would this be the same Sinn Fein who two years ago said they were

"... concerned about the proliferation of these obviously dangerous imitation weapons in the community."

... I remember we all had a chuckle at the irony of that one. :rolleyes:

Hehe. Had forgotten bout that. Still amusing :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,414 ✭✭✭kdouglas

in your best Gerry Adams-style accent? :D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭Masada

kdouglas wrote: »
    in your best Gerry Adams-style accent? :D

Funny thing is, I automatically read that in a Jarrrrayy Aaa'dums accent and all., :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,132 ✭✭✭Stonewolf

This is what happens when the people in the legislatures main qualification is promising to build a motorway to the back end of nowhere.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 988 ✭✭✭evilrobotshane

What's the chances he's not as ill-informed as he's making himself out to be, and once the retailer restrictions get rolled out he'll be parading his triumph at clamping down on the dangerous stuff he was warning about a few months ago, without mentioning that he knew it was coming anyway?

Advertisement