Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Track of The Day

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 156 ✭✭Fieldies Dreams

• Registered Users Posts: 5,573 ✭✭✭pragmatic1

• Registered Users Posts: 4,970 ✭✭✭mufcboy1999

• Registered Users Posts: 7,341 ✭✭✭Bobby Baccala

Seriously powerful story telling skills, amazing how it's all a true story.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,416 ✭✭✭Jimmy Iovine

Chamillionaire - Get On My Level

That mixtape is quality. Better than most albums released that year imo.

This is my favourite off of it. Cham on Kanye's classic beat for Common. Confirms my belief that there is no one around who can go on another rappers beat and kills it like he does.

Even the little speech he gives at the end is better than most rappers songs.

• Advertisement

iv got to say this is my first time really giving him a chance, iv been giving "voice of reason" a lot of spins lately so i started clicking on various videos on youtube as im not really aware of his best work etc but iv got to say im enjoying his music so far.

congrats jimmy you've finally brainwashed me into listening to him and giving him a proper chance :D. One things for sure he's got a very good flow, very rhythmic makes it sound effortless and just blends with most beats perfect.

does he jack rappers beats on all his mixtape songs? im well aware of his mixtape presence from yourself and basically just been mentioned/promoted with banks and budden as one of the best current mixtape artists.

liking this. the em verse, dre hook, look from jay, beat from dre & kanye line is nice.

iv got to say this is my first time really giving him a chance, iv been giving "voice of reason" a lot of spins lately so i started clicking on various videos on youtube as im not really aware of his best work etc but iv got to say im enjoying his music so far.

congrats jimmy you've finally brainwashed me into listening to him and giving him a proper chance :D. One things for sure he's got a very good flow, very rhythmic makes it sound effortless and just blends with most beats perfect.

does he jack rappers beats on all his mixtape songs? im well aware of his mixtape presence from yourself and basically just been mentioned/promoted with banks and budden as one of the best current mixtape artists.

liking this. the em verse, dre hook, look from jay, beat from dre & kanye line is nice.

Ha you're the second one I've managed to turn. Paddy was the first. I should be given a PR job :P.

Yea pretty much every song that does on his mixtapes is another artists. I've heard songs recently that I heard Cham going over 5 years ago. He has covered a ridiculous amount of songs.

Well he doesn't call himself Chamillionaire for nothing. He can adjust his flow to almost any song. He put out a cd last year with a load of slow songs. When he raps fast there's not many that can touch him.

Listening to his mixtapes is great. He has a few chart beats, some unknown ones and then a few classics in there as well.

His "Dead Presidents" version is brilliant. Get Mixtape Messiah 7. The first two discs are 'normal' songs and the other two discs are the chopped n' screwed versions.

He suits the CnS so much.

Don't like posting twice in a row but this is Cham at his best. Taking a very good beat, "Many Men", and rapping hard.

Gonna edit this because I don't want to post again. Another example of Cham jacking a beat and hitting the bullseye.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,428 ✭✭✭Talib Fiasco

I couldn't sleep last night, so I bumped The Minstrel Show...never thought it would sound so good at that time of the day. Perfect music.

im on a serious chamillionaire buzz today and yesterday, really am becoming a fan in the making. He kills many men and hate it or love it, i actually just listened to his version of games my life and im serious in saying its better than games version because it doesnt have wayne squealing like a pig in the backround on the hook.

He actually reminds me a bit of 50 in his early mixtapes days where he also jacked beats and tbh a lot of the time basically just made the songs better.

liking this one too despite slim thug who i always hated, he's just a terrible rapper imo. The other missy elliot work it song was made official after 50 jacked it on one of the g unit radio mixtapes that they used to do.

• Advertisement

im on a serious chamillionaire buzz today and yesterday, really am becoming a fan in the making. He kills many men and hate it or love it, i actually just listened to his version of games my life and im serious in saying its better than games version because it doesnt have wayne squealing like a pig in the backround on the hook.

He actually reminds me a bit of 50 in his early mixtapes days where he also jacked beats and tbh a lot of the time basically just made the songs better.

liking this one too despite slim thug who i always hated, he's just a terrible rapper imo. The other missy elliot work it song was made official after 50 jacked it on one of the g unit radio mixtapes that they used to do.

His version of "My Life" is brilliant and definitely one of his best songs. I also think it's one of Slim Thug's best as well. He raps about something serious and not bitches and money.

If you get Chamillionaire's mixtape series "Mixtape Messiah" 1-7, a few more of his more recent mixtapes and his older ones then you'll have about 1.5 GB of quality music. You won't be disappointed.

People think that all he has ever done is release "Ridin' Dirty" and that's it. That's one of his weaker songs in my opinion. His mixtape work is far better.

He raps harder on this than he does on most of the rest of his songs. Kills it. He raps over "Victory" by Puff Daddy. Lloyd and Fiddy did a cover back in 2002. Cham put this out probably in 2004 I'd say.

Check out Paul Wall and Cham's work. "Get Ya Mind Correct" is a beast of an album. Sold 150,000 when it was released. Not bad for an indie album by two 21 year old kids.

You can see the talent all the way back then.

I love the sample that he uses in the next song. It just adds to the song. The concept for it is brilliant. It's the 4th song in a series that's stretched out over Mixtape Messiah's 4-7. Cham raps as if he's a keyboard warrior on an internet forum, and he basically makes a complete fool of them.

If you want to look them up then they are "Internet Nerds Revenge", "Internet Nerds Brother", "Internet Nerds Argue" and the one below.

Oh yea and he can lay a sick verse and he doesn't have to curse once. Makes a mockery of some of the rappers today that feel a need to curse in every line. Real talent is when you can do without the ****s and the ****s and still be quality.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,013 ✭✭✭✭Rjd2

May have split up or not, don't care either way but this was a great little track back in the day. Kept meaning to post last week but better late than never.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,246 ✭✭✭conor.hogan.2

• Registered Users Posts: 764 ✭✭✭horsebox09

• Registered Users Posts: 1,161 ✭✭✭BetterCallSaul

• Registered Users Posts: 1,132 ✭✭✭Andy_rse

That beat!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,460 ✭✭✭Orizio

• Registered Users Posts: 1,072 ✭✭✭MoyVilla9

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,428 ✭✭✭Talib Fiasco

• Registered Users Posts: 3,444 ✭✭✭evil_seed

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,573 ✭✭✭pragmatic1

Every hip hop fan should be exposed to this song at least once.

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭Laurence_OC

• Registered Users Posts: 1,958 ✭✭✭Mr. Rager

Gibbs and Statik Selektah are great together. Almost as good as Gibbs and Madlib.

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,730 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

I've mentioned THURz a few times on the forum now, here's a new video from his LA Riot album. Love this track.

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,730 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

I'm always on the look-out for a good 'posse-cut', this fits the bill.

• Registered Users Posts: 156 ✭✭Fieldies Dreams

I never heard of masta ace untill last week but cant stop listening to him now! love it when ya find good music that u havent heard before

• Advertisement

Surprisingly one of the better beats on an album heavily featuring Premo and it's not even one of his.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement