Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Track of The Day

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,416 ✭✭✭Jimmy Iovine

P4DDY2K11 wrote: »
    Never heard of tim dog before today, he's actually class.

I'm pretty sure you have. Courtesy of The D.O.C. this is the best skit in rap, and T-Dog got a mention.
    Oh, oh **** me in the ass
    Oh, Oh, step to me & let me suck your dick
    Oh, things that Tim Dawg was sayin'

• Registered Users Posts: 4,970 ✭✭✭mufcboy1999

just came across this by mac miller ft lamar, never heard it before very good mellow song.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,958 ✭✭✭Mr. Rager

just came across this by mac miller ft lamar, never heard it before very good mellow song.

That mixtape is so much better than his album. This is so chill too, don't be put off by Wayne, it's sick imo.

With all the talk of Mobb Deep in the other thread I hope their early music isn't overlooked. That debut is amazing. The highlight obviously being one of the greatest songs ever recorded, and a video to match. A stone cold classic.

Check it out now.

• Advertisement

what a song man, love that instrumental and surprisingly i was able to tolerate wayne on that one. must give mac miller a listen, iv slept on him big time... but them last 2 songs i listened to are class makes me want to listen to more , must try get that mixtape , i say its on daftpiff.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,246 ✭✭✭conor.hogan.2

Agreed, they have some of the best beats in hip-hop.

what a song man, love that instrumental and surprisingly i was able to tolerate wayne on that one. must give mac miller a listen, iv slept on him big time... but them last 2 songs i listened to are class makes me want to listen to more , must try get that mixtape , i say its on daftpiff.:)

Yeah that's where I downloaded it. I really find his music chill and relaxing, he normally has some really nice beats. This is another older one, really reminds me of summer:

Another classic with two of the greatest on it. They did well to get verses from Nas, Raekwon, Ghost and Q-Tip.

Seriously any freestyle since the 90's has featured at least Mobb Deep beat.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,048 ✭✭✭Da Shins Kelly

I like a couple of Mac Miller's tunes. He's very chill.

Still completely obsessed with Danny Brown at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭Mikeyt086

Huge Mac Miller fan here, going to see him in Amsterdam in June, post Mac Miller in the "Is he worth listening to?" thread and ill guide you as to what his best stuff is. I myself have all of his mixtapes and his album Blue Slide Park, I just get him as a rapper. As has already been mentioned his beat selection is amazing.

Anyway, I'll just post 3 Mac songs for now:

Statik Selektah and Freeway with Mac on this one, love it.

From his latest Macadelic mixtape.

The start of this vid is why I like him so much, he's a goofy white kid and he isnt afraid to show it, he doesnt pretend to be a gangsta like most rappers his age. Then the track kicks in and its so good.

Seriously any freestyle since the 90's has featured at least Mobb Deep beat.

With this being high up on the list as the best :D.

With this being high up on the list as the best :D.

Not quite the type of one I was thinking of :D

But good nonetheless.

Ye will do mikey !. went through a stage of Danny brown myself about a year ago , good rapper. I heard he raps sometimes without his 2 front teeth ? I heard he got them knocked out or something but I always try and spot it in his videos but can never tell lol.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,048 ✭✭✭Da Shins Kelly

Ye will do mikey !. went through a stage of Danny brown myself about a year ago , good rapper. I heard he raps sometimes without his 2 front teeth ? I heard he got them knocked out or something but I always try and spot it in his videos but can never tell lol.

Yeah, he's missing the front two. He's a bit of an oddball, it's great.

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,730 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

Yeah, he's missing the front two. He's a bit of an oddball, it's great.

Smacked his face off the ground in a KFC car park accross the road from his house.
    Really like Danny Brown right now.

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,730 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

With all the talk of Mobb Deep in the other thread I hope their early music isn't overlooked. That debut is amazing. The highlight obviously being one of the greatest songs ever recorded, and a video to match. A stone cold classic.

Check it out now.

The Infamous wasnt thier debut album. Juvenile Hell was thier first release as Mobb Deep.

The also released a couple of things under another name....I have the demo's at home when they were call Poetic Profits or Still Too Poetic or something like that.
    They did well to get verses from Nas, Raekwon, Ghost and Q-Tip.
    Q-Tip basically produced The Infamous, he had a huge involvement in the album.

Boom_Bap wrote: »
    The Infamous wasnt thier debut album. Juvenile Hell was thier first release as Mobb Deep.

The also released a couple of things under another name....I have the demo's at home when they were call Poetic Profits or Still Too Poetic or something like that.

I never knew that at all. I just checked the Wikipedia page of The Infamous there and it's on the very first line. I've been going around with that on my list of the best ever debut albums. I'll have to change my list now :o.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,341 ✭✭✭Bobby Baccala

love this song, when you can produce songs of this caliber you can be the biggest dickhead in the world, people will still listen to your music.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,590 ✭✭✭tossy

The 'nuts probably one of the most consistent ever...

Talking of that distinctive Mobb/Qb sound then for me this guy was one of the greatest voices to match those beats..

Great verse on this one..

More worthy QB drops from that era

• Registered Users Posts: 7,341 ✭✭✭Bobby Baccala

tossy wrote: »
    The 'nuts probably one of the most consistent ever...

The beatnuts are fúckin class, i don't know anybody that listens to them but me. It's nice to see groups like that are still being appreciated today.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,523 ✭✭✭kwestfan08

Been getting into Childish Gambino, AKA Donald Glover who plays Troy in Community, over the past week or so. Insanely good debut CAMP has been on my ipod non-stop. He has some of the best wit and one-liners I have ever heard; (probably helps he's a stand-up comedian as well!)

Heartbeat will be first single released here.

L.E.S is one of the best tunes on the album. Beat reminds me of a Late Registration Kanye.

Bonfire is so different from the others in that its more intense, more raw. Sounds like the same style of song that got him noticed in the first place "Freaks and Geeks"

P4DDY2K11 wrote: »
    The beatnuts are fúckin class, i don't know anybody that listens to them but me. It's nice to see groups like that are still being appreciated today.

I've always loved them since day one,had such a great sound.

The Beatnuts rule. One of my favorite lines is from thier first EP I think

"I eat sandwiches and when my ass itches my bitch scratches it." Stupid but funny.

I was stunned when I heard this track off thier long awaiting comeback back in 2000

Everything about this song just fits, just an excellent song.

• Advertisement

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement