Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ignorance

Options
  • 04-05-2010 11:44am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 373 ✭✭

Whats the most ignorant thing you saw a person doing.

I was training someone at a cash registar in a shop and this "gent" came to be served.
    "How much" he grunted.
    The new sales assistant scanned the item and told him the price.
    " Can you do any better?" he grunted.
    I told him no.
    He grunted something under his breath which ended in tards and took a load of money cash and change from his pocket and threw it in front of the assistant and said
    "Coun tha"

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,399 ✭✭✭Bonito

Ignorance = Not knowing.

He was just a rude aul prick.

• Registered Users Posts: 58,456 ✭✭✭✭ibarelycare

Ignorance: Thinking that the word "ignorant" means the same as "rude."

• Registered Users Posts: 6,810 ✭✭✭phill106

ocokev wrote: »

I was training someone at a cash registar in a shop and this "gent" came to be served.
    "How much" he grunted.
    I told him no.
    He grunted something under his breath which ended in tards and took a load of money cash and change from his pocket and threw it in front of the assistant and said
    "Coun tha"
    I love money cash! So much more convenient then the other troublesome types of cash!

Ps, was it the 2 euro store? That would add to the humour. In fact, i think i will go to the local 2 euro store and keep asking how much stuff is :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,559 ✭✭✭✭AnonoBoy

Ignorance is not knowing that there's a Cries of Retail thread somewhere for these sort of rants.

Ignorance is also not knowing where that thread is (as just evidenced by my statement above)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 373 ✭✭ocokev

AnonoBoy wrote: »
    Ignorance is not knowing that there's a Cries of Retail thread somewhere for these sort of rants.

Ignorance is also not knowing where that thread is (as just evidenced by my statement above)

Should you not post this on the persumption thread?

• Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

If I'm ignoring you, am I then ignorant?
    No

• Closed Accounts Posts: 977 ✭✭✭Abrasax

Should you not post this on the persumption thread?

Should you not post this on the bad spelling thread?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,360 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dravokivich

isn't this Arrogance?
    Abrasax wrote: »
    Should you not post this on the bad spelling thread?

^
    I know that is...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,983 ✭✭✭Tea_Bag

Ignorance is bliss.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,700 ✭✭✭fonecrusher1

"How much" he grunted.
    I told him no.
    "Coun tha"

They're fair questions IMO. The sales assistant was in the wrong.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 504 ✭✭✭cypharius

This thread is ironic.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 977 ✭✭✭Abrasax

^
    I know that is...

That's being persumptuous.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,559 ✭✭✭✭AnonoBoy

Bonito wrote: »

The only ironic thing about that song is that none of her examples are ironic, they're all just bloody unfortunate.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,314 ✭✭✭sink

OP you are ignorant of the meaning of ignorance. Isn't that Ironic?

• Registered Users Posts: 784 ✭✭✭zootroid

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,329 ✭✭✭Xluna

Sounds more like a rude prick than an ignorant prick.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,526 ✭✭✭m@cc@

Ignorwa?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,983 ✭✭✭✭Cuddlesworth

<Cedaie> Your ignorance isn't helping.
    <@KTottE&gt; How am I ignorant?
    <Cedaie> <@KTottE&gt; Do it again, do it right - Ooh great help *clap* *clap*
    <@KTottE&gt; http://dictionary.reference.com/search?q=ignorant
    <@KTottE&gt; Maybe the word you were searching for was http://dictionary.reference.com/search?q=arrogant ?
    <Cedaie> yeah thats the one
    <Cedaie> Your arrogance isn't helping,
    <@KTottE&gt; Neither is your ignorance

• Registered Users Posts: 933 ✭✭✭hal9000

the ironing in this thread is delicious

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,595 ✭✭✭bonerm

• Registered Users Posts: 687 ✭✭✭Sútalún

• Registered Users Posts: 2,055 ✭✭✭Onesimus

"How much" he grunted.
    I told him no.
    "Coun tha"

I would of thrown the change back at him and told him to get out of the shop and that he is barred until he learns some manners. :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 373 ✭✭ocokev

Onesimus wrote: »
    I would of thrown the change back at him and told him to get out of the shop and that he is barred until he learns some manners.

The poor devil but I got a laugh out of it.
    I gathered up the change, put the cash in the till and gave him a pile of 20 and 10cent coins back with his own change.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,563 ✭✭✭segaBOY

I would of thrown the change back at him and told him to get out of the shop and that he is barred until he learns some manners. :mad:

If I was employing someone and they did that I would tell them to get out of the shop and don't come back.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,055 ✭✭✭Onesimus

segaBOY wrote: »
    If I was employing someone and they did that I would tell them to get out of the shop and don't come back.

well I didnt mean literally throw it at him, but if I owned the shop I would of told him to leave and that his grunty behaviour isnt welcomed

well I didnt mean literally throw it at him, but if I owned the shop I would of told him to leave and that his grunty behaviour isnt welcomed

Its true enough. Theres nothing stopping the shop owner from stepping in & utterly humiliating the ill-mannered plonker ie; loudly say 'treat my staff like that again & your barred from the shop'. Most people are polite enough but theres always one bitter oul git.
    In fact wouldn't the owner be obliged to intervene in circumstances where staff are being verbally abused?

I worked in dunnes stores years ago & some of the pig-ignorant rudeness i witnessed used to annoy me to the point that i would go into the stockroom & punch walls to vent my frustration.

In the situation described by the OP the expression the customer is always right gets thrown out the window.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 740 ✭✭✭star.chaser

ignorance is bliss

Advertisement