Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rookie Blue [ABC - US] [** Spoilers **]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 85,120 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Random wrote: »
    which season?

1st

Ok so I watched the pilot and I agree it is very like Grey's Anatomy - Is Andy the main character like Meredith in Grey's Anatomy she kinda annoys me. I am guessing the big romance is Andy and that undercover cop Sam.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,634 ✭✭✭✭Richard Dower

^ you'd be right, it's Greys with cops....i gave up after giving it a good long chance, it's no Southland.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,116 ✭✭✭starviewadams

Anybody watching this?its up to the 3rd ep of season 1 on the Universal Channel on Sky.

Has decent aspects to it but is very,very fluffy,will give it week or two and see how it goes,it sure isn't Southland though!

• Advertisement

Dreadful/cheesy/Greys Anothomy with cops!.....but it has it's fans, season 2 promo:

http://www.spoilertv.com/2011/05/rookie-blue-season-2-new-promo.html

• Registered Users Posts: 9,969 ✭✭✭cena

I see this is on rte2 soon tonight for any who have seen it yet. I can't understand why they are showing it so late.

I didn't see any adds for it at all.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,078 ✭✭✭Hal Emmerich

As consistent as ever....our RTE.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,085 ✭✭✭wow sierra

I have been following this on Universal and think it is well worth watching. A bit like the first series of Greys Anatomy in style with the new recruits - and their relationships with their bosses. Lots of good looking actors and complicated love affairs.

And the stories of ordinary police makes a change from all the CSI, FBI programmes I usually watch.

• Registered Users Posts: 145 ✭✭Cyndaquil

cena wrote: »
    I see this is on rte2 soon tonight for any who have seen it yet. I can't understand why they are showing it so late.

I didn't see any adds for it at all.

It's probably bought by RTÉ as part of a "package" of shows in order to obtain a more lucrative one and then shoved into the nightslot, like so many shows before it. Mad Men, Smallville, etc...

• Advertisement

wow sierra wrote: »
    I have been following this on Universal and think it is well worth watching. A bit like the first series of Greys Anatomy in style with the new recruits - and their relationships with their bosses. Lots of good looking actors and complicated love affairs.

And the stories of ordinary police makes a change from all the CSI, FBI programmes I usually watch.

It really is worth watching. Some good acting too. I too have been watching it on Universal.

cena wrote: »
    It really is worth watching. Some good acting too. I too have been watching it on Universal.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=65709529

I watch for Sam Swarek only :);)

• Registered Users Posts: 43,774 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Merged threads.

I'm watching it on sky. Just thought I would put up a thread for those who don't have sky etc. Forgot there was a thread already.

Two new promos (all new footage)....i'll say this, Missy is [literally] FIT AS FU*K!!!....on a hottie and toned level: http://www.spoilertv.com/2011/05/rookie-blue-season-2-2-sneak-peeks.html

I've said all along the ONLY reason i'd watch this is for Missy, shizz..i might give S2 a shot but then i'll come to my senses and realise NOTHING is worth watch Greys 2.0

New long trailer, dunno...i might give it another shot just to see how it goes:

http://www.spoilertv.com/2011/06/rookie-blue-season-2-extended-promo.html

• Registered Users Posts: 2,092 ✭✭✭celticbest

Finished watching season 1 months ago.

Season 2 is due to air in the US from the 23rd of this month.

I'm just wondering if it will be as good as they are no longer Rookies and the writers will have to come up with a different angle for the show.

This show does have fans, so lets get geared up for the season 2 premiere tomorrow.....go Missy!

• Advertisement

Ah, i might check it out tonight...for Missy's AH-MA-ZING abbs!

http://www.tvline.com/2011/06/rookie-blue-season-2-preview/

• Registered Users Posts: 3,359 ✭✭✭davetherave

Just finished watching the first episode of the new season there.

Decent enough character progression from rookies to not-really-rookies-anymore.
    The shooting
    had me completely :eek: Didn't see it coming at all.
    Then I was briefly :( & :mad:
    incase they killed Andy off for shock value or something

Just finished watching the first episode of the new season there.

Decent enough character progression from rookies to not-really-rookies-anymore.
    The shooting
    had me completely :eek: Didn't see it coming at all.
    Then I was briefly :( & :mad:
    incase they killed Andy off for shock value or something

+1 very solid start....had a decent story actually, i was shocked! :eek:
    And 100% agree the
    shooting + Andy being shot
    was a mouth open shocker, so well played!

Very solid start, color me surprised [and pleased] :)

Season 3 already, one episode into season 2?? :D:D Awesome.

Viewings/Ratings for s02e01.

Time......Network......Show......Rating......18-49
    10PM.....ABC........Rookie Blue..5.88 .........1.6/5

Season 3 already, one episode into season 2?? :D:D Awesome.

Must be Missy's abs....gotta be! :confused:

Second ep. was meh, big old pile of Greys Anatomy with (Canadian) cops...pah!, just when i thought the show might get good.

Second ep. was meh, big old pile of Greys Anatomy with (Canadian) cops
    Ah give over. :D I don't and never will watch G.A but if it was like Greys (from what I've gathered of your comments on other threads) then everybody would be riding everybody else. Although would that be a bad thing :o . The large majority of these are in somewhat stable relationships.

Compared to S01 the cases and character development are much better.

• Registered Users Posts: 574 ✭✭✭Caked Karen

I was looking around for a show a few weeks ago as most things i watched finished up and came across this. i finished season 1 fairly quick and actually really enjoyed it.
    having just watched the first 2 episodes of season 2, it seems better and stories/characters building. i think its a good show..its not the hardest watch or anything but enjoyable....

• Advertisement

Oh!...really good episode this week, while telegraphed the
    shooting of Luke was pretty OMG!, the schizophrenic guy played his role pretty good!

Though it was a bit of an eye roll the whole
    engagement
    thing, but solid stuff this week.

Advertisement