Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Places you have gotten to know because your were going out with someone

Options
  • 03-05-2010 10:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 12,399 ✭✭✭✭

There are places that would have remained just a name to me and id probably have never visited.... but because i was seeing someone i got to know the place..

For example Lucan..parts of it are lovely especially around the village

....the same goes for Castleknock/ Ashtown and around the Navan road...because of that relationship i got know the area around the Strawberry beds and the Phoenix park very well ( the phoenix park is gorgeous! )....

So have you ever got to know somewhere that was previously only a name...just because you were going out with someone.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,763 ✭✭✭Jax Teller

The vagina got to know that real well

no I know coolock pretty well now

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,739 ✭✭✭✭starbelgrade

mariaalice wrote: »
    There are places that would have remained just a name to me and id probably have never visited.... but because i was seeing someone i got to know the place..

....the same goes for Castleknock/ Ashtown and around the Navan road...because of that relationship i got know the area around the Strawberry beds and the Phoenix park very well ( the phoenix park is gorgeous! )....

So have you ever got to know somewhere that was previously only a name...just because you were going out with someone.

Yep - the part where the road is that takes you out of that suburban nightmare.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,111 ✭✭✭peanuthead

Yeah, I got to know this place really well...

http://www.dctc.ie/

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 35,943 Mod ✭✭✭✭dr.bollocko

The back seat of a yaris.

Someone had to say it.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,964 ✭✭✭ToniTuddle

Westport
    Galway
    Killarney

Actually we travelled about alot of Ireland and so I got to see alot of places thanks to him(seeing as he was driving) :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,207 ✭✭✭longhalloween

Pretty much all of Dub city centre, and how to use busses (im a country boy)

• Registered Users Posts: 17,187 ✭✭✭✭IvySlayer

Live in Lucan, I love it :)
    Yep - the part where the road is that takes you out of that suburban nightmare.

/slap

• Registered Users Posts: 17,187 ✭✭✭✭IvySlayer

Someone had to say it.

**** doesn't count.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,554 ✭✭✭✭alwaysadub

I'd heard of Hell. I got to experience it going out with one ex.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,995 ✭✭✭✭ejmaztec

Someone had to say it.

Fortunately the 85 year-old who's usually in the driver's seat of a Yaris is also usually stone-deaf, and can't hear what's going on in the back.:P

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 324 ✭✭Joe Cool

Westmeath & Sligo.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,740 ✭✭✭Asphyxia

Galway for a week and I stayed up in Mayo for 2 weeks with my fella with his cousin and his girlfriend. It was in the country side but I to got to see Westport and loads of other towns nearby. It was gorgeous where we stayed amazing veiws all round us. Heading back up on Friday for their wedding I can't wait!!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 8,711 ✭✭✭keano_afc

Belfast.

My then girlfriend, now wife, was in Queens when we started going out. Made regular trips to Belfast, apprehensively at first. Now I love the place.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,739 ✭✭✭✭starbelgrade

IvySlayer wrote: »
    Live in Lucan, I love it :)

/slap

Lucan - the place you go to live when all your dreams have died. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 23,995 ✭✭✭✭ejmaztec

I was forced to meet a large number of yokels in Devon and Cornwall because my wife's family used to holiday there. I kept thinking that I was in Kerry.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,106 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

Various bits of Spain, Italy, England and France. Ireland not so much as Id been around a fair bit before I hit 20.

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,567 ✭✭✭✭Fratton Fred

Ireland.

Everything costs three times more than it should and it never stops raining, but other than that it's OK.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,345 ✭✭✭landsleaving

The northside of Dublin. It was pretty much the same as the southside though. Except instead of a few parks they just made a giant one.

• Registered Users Posts: 249 ✭✭MardiB

Lucan - the place you go to live when all your dreams have died. :D

Close, but I think that's actually Adamstown

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,559 ✭✭✭✭AnonoBoy

Jail.

And yes, she was worth it.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 17,918 ✭✭✭✭orourkeda

MardiB wrote: »
    Close, but I think that's actually Adamstown

Its Roscommon

• Registered Users Posts: 249 ✭✭MardiB

orourkeda wrote: »
    Its Roscommon

The midlands in general

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,595 ✭✭✭bonerm

East Wall , Swords, that general area around St. James Hospital.

Not places I'd ever have likely have been in o/w.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 11,362 ✭✭✭✭Scarinae

I used to go out with a guy from Killarney, and spent a fair bit of time there, not sure I would have ever been there otherwise since my only other experience of Kerry was a trip to Dingle with my cousins when I was eight. My current boyfriend grew up in Kenya, and I spent a month out there last summer, I don't think I would have had the chance otherwise!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,073 ✭✭✭sam34

Someone had to say it.

'twas the front seat of a corolla for me

good times, good times

siiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiigh

Wibbs wrote: »
    Various bits of Spain, Italy, England and France. Ireland not so much as Id been around a fair bit before I hit 20.

AH* i bet you had ;) *AH

• Registered Users Posts: 4,345 ✭✭✭landsleaving

Toyotas?

Haven't you head of safe sex?

east and west cork

hadnt really ventured much outside the city before meeting this particular guy.

liverpool and manchester currently

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,689 ✭✭✭Kasabian

Hell

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 38 Orangutani

Met my ex in Galway, where I lived at the time. She had moved there to spend her uni summer holidays away from Dublin, and in September, she moved again to do her year abroad.

In Vancouver.

Managed to visit her there for a week. During the mornings she'd go to college and I'd wander the city for a few hours, then we'd spend the afternoons and evenings together, smoking fun stuff around the UBC campus. Had so much fun that I showed up for my return flight a full day late without realising it. The nice lady at the airport desk sympathised, and booked me onto a direct flight leaving 2 hours later. For free. Said she hoped I'd enjoyed my stay in Canada. And I had... (:

PROTIP: Planning on visiting North America? Avoid the U.S. and hit up Canada. When I went to Boston the year before, I got interrogated at Shannon airport, but that's a story for another day. Why can't they all be more like lovely Air Canada Lady?

Advertisement