Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GHOST MARIE.

Options
  • 03-05-2010 1:45am
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Taken in abandoned hotel Jurys, last friday where a cleaning lady was killed in the when one of the over head steam things fell. If see just a bit left of the person to the back you can see a figure. I have no doubt that this is ghost marie. 8187641531a12476856210l.jpg

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,246 ✭✭✭✭Riamfada

I cant see anything.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

Go to a doctor, Grimey, you may be having a stroke! :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 18,069 ✭✭✭✭fryup

i see f7ck all tbh

I presume it's that black thing on the right-hand side of the picture

Pretty inconclusive tbh

Looks vaguely like a person's silhouette though

Perhaps it's -- dun dun dunnnnn -- ...a person? How do we know whoever took the photo was alone?

However your description
    see just a bit left of the person to the back you can see a figure
    suggestions that you're not actually talking about the black thing on the right of the picture...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 314 ✭✭Azphyxi8

I think I see what you're talking about. There looks to be a figure standing outside the in front of the doorway in the back ground.

Do you have this image in a bigger size?

• Advertisement

Ah feck now the entire right side of my body is gone down and I still cant see a ghost or anything out of the ordinary in your photo.

• Registered Users Posts: 634 ✭✭✭rafared

I cant see anything in this either? Whereabouts in the photo?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,664 ✭✭✭✭maccored

i can kinda see what teh OP is on about but to be honest, if you have to llok that hard and see something thats not really looking like a 'ghost' then its a bit of a jump to proclaim that theres one there.

• Registered Users Posts: 280 ✭✭Ruth KPS

I eventually saw what the OP is talking about, but in my opinion it is not paranormal.

Oh right yeah I see it. No not a ghost.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 146 ✭✭buttercupbee

Wheres the hotel?
    And when did the accident happen? Recently?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,864 ✭✭✭Steve X2

Do we have a high res version of this pic. I don't think it's paranormal but its always worth another look.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,290 ✭✭✭bigeasyeah

I cant make out anything nor do I want to:)

• Registered Users Posts: 17,736 ✭✭✭✭kylith

I can kind of see a dark shape in front of the door at the right, but it's rectangular so I'm going to say that it's a shadow. Unless ghosts are rectangles now.

ETA: also, now I've squinted at it a bit more it looks to me like it's not even a mystery greyish rectangle, it looks like one of the metal plates that're put on swing doors to avoid the paint getting worn.

• Subscribers Posts: 19,425 ✭✭✭✭Oryx

I cant see it at all. And youve seen it clearly enough to give it a name? Im confused.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 16,587 CMod ✭✭✭✭faceman

I see nought either. Jurys dont have any abandoned hotels either.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭monkeyfudge

Taken in abandoned hotel Jurys, last friday where a cleaning lady was killed in the when one of the over head steam things fell. If see just a bit left of the person to the back you can see a figure. I have no doubt that this is ghost marie. 8187641531a12476856210l.jpg

Like the one the person in the photo is standing right under?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,292 ✭✭✭Cunning Stunt

kylith wrote: »
    I can kind of see a dark shape in front of the door at the right, but it's rectangular so I'm going to say that it's a shadow. Unless ghosts are rectangles now.

it's the ghost of a rectangle..:eek:

faceman wrote: »
    I see nought either. Jurys dont have any abandoned hotels either.

The Montrose ... tis a fierce haunted building. Well it looks haunted, at least for the last few months since the bar closed.

it's the ghost of a rectangle..:eek:
    Oh noes! Run! Run from the Parallellograms from Beyond the Grave!! :D

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 16,587 CMod ✭✭✭✭faceman

Grimes wrote: »
    The Montrose ... tis a fierce haunted building. Well it looks haunted, at least for the last few months since the bar closed.

Was that not taken over by someone else though?

I know of the D4 hotel in ballsbridge being haunted (formerly Jurys).

Grimes wrote: »
    The ghosts of departed spirits, eh?

• Registered Users Posts: 218 ✭✭cbmonstra

Is this the hotel in Waterford, OP???

Used to be Jury's, but had changed hands and name prior to being left to rot as it is now.

I used to work there, and it kinda looks familiar from that photo.

Would be interested to know how you got in there if it's the place I'm thinking of, did you have permission?

Never heard of 'Ghost Marie' though while working there, or from anyone in the area... And can't see anything in the photo either, sorry :o

cbmonstra wrote: »
    Is this the hotel in Waterford, OP???

Used to be Jury's, but had changed hands and name prior to being left to rot as it is now.

I used to work there, and it kinda looks familiar from that photo.

Would be interested to know how you got in there if it's the place I'm thinking of, did you have permission?

Never heard of 'Ghost Marie' though while working there, or from anyone in the area... And can't see anything in the photo either, sorry :o
    I was wondering if the OP was talking about the Ard Rí. Of all the places I've heard of in Waterford being haunted (I grew up there) the Ard Rí was never one of them.

It's a wreck now and, IIRC, scheduled to be torn down. It is indeed private property, so I hope the OP wasn't trespassing there. Hoodlums have vandalised the place to such an extent that it must be very dangerous in there now.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,006 ✭✭✭thebullkf

looks likea silhouette alright.

tract the support bar to where it meets the overhead steam thingy.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,006 ✭✭✭thebullkf

dunno how to insert an arrow but i can defo make out a haed and shoulders profile of someone.

look at the red thing on the shelf/ledge @ the back....now track right.......

see it?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,494 ✭✭✭Columbia

I can see what's being referred to....but no. Definitely nothing abnormal going on in that photo, just light being cast on the far wall, in the doorway.

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭Cillian13

Holy jebus, I spent a while looking for something then I saw it and got the heebie jeebies:P . I had to move the screen a bit to see it. But look at the bottom left hand side of the pic .On that upright grey wall yoke ,down the bottom it looks like a womans head? Anyone else see it?

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭Cillian13

OMFG ! Just when I pressed submit reply a poster fell off my wall and made a loada noise. I almost soiled myself :eek:

• Advertisement

Ahh here, that's 3 different 'ghosts' that can be found in this picture, it's getting a bit silly

Pareidolia much?

Advertisement