Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gerry Ryan is dead - Mod Warning Post #1

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,018 ✭✭✭Mike 1972

How could he be dead. He was on only on TV last night. .

Nightly TV appearances = key to immortality ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,656 ✭✭✭norrie rugger

MrStuffins wrote: »
    This isnt the point! His family have just lost him, kids have lost a father. It costs you nothing to keep your negative comments to yourself. Just to have a bit of respect!

Would you go to his funeral and slag him off to his family? Would you send them texts messages now saying "Your husband was a wanker"?

No you wouldn't, so why would you do it here?

It is very much the point.

The man made a carear and his living from dividing opinion, on issues and his views of them.

At no point was I disrespectful .
    I would not go to the funeral and slag him off, to his family, as that would be disrespectful to his family, in their grief.
    I can, however, come onto a (semi)public messge forum and post my considered opinion on the man and his life

• Registered Users Posts: 1,887 ✭✭✭Harpy

RIP Gerry Ryan, wasn't the biggest fan of his talk shows but i enjoyed listening to the repeat of his show late at night on the radio.. sad news.

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭Thibor

Breakingnews posted it a few mins ago

• Registered Users Posts: 224 ✭✭CantThinkOfANam

Was he on air this morning?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 199 ✭✭Tinder

Rest easy Gerry, your work here is done and will be re-played for generations to come on reeling in the years, your contribution to Irish broadcasting has been huge.

RIP

• Registered Users Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

Wow news spreads extremely fast. Over 3000 people viewing AH.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,656 ✭✭✭norrie rugger

mitresize5 wrote: »
    Sympathies obviously to his family and close friends

Just goes to show though that you really need to mind you health and do everything you can to treat your body with the respect it deserves .... he was a man who enjoyed the 'finer' things in life and has obviously suffered the consequences

He was far from the most unhealthy eating person in the world.
    There could be numerous reasons for his death and speculating that there is a link to his lifestyle is just that, Speculation

• Registered Users Posts: 1,101 ✭✭✭AidySevenfold

R.I.P Gerry :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭Zombienosh

Soby wrote: »
    nothing on http://twitter.com/MiriamOCal anymore..told to take it down?Maybe Rte are waiting till there sure the family have been notified and all that

maybe they can't get in touch with some family?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,936 ✭✭✭stomprockin

RIP Gerry

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,729 ✭✭✭Acoshla

So sad to hear this, I always liked him, sounds silly but I always thought he must be a lovely Dad, he talked with such love about his children :)

RIP Gerry Ryan, you will be sadly missed by many.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 913 ✭✭✭Ronan Keating

http://twitter.com/rickoshea

Am attempting to verify the Gerry Ryan story doing the rounds... Calm heads, lads...

Maybe it isn't him.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

Doubt it, news said he was found his morning. I assume he was on yesterday though?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,115 ✭✭✭Pal

I can, however, come onto a (semi)public messge forum and post my considered opinion on the man and his life

Prefer not to hear it thanks.

RIP

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 5,620 ✭✭✭El_Dangeroso

No, he wasn't, my mom listens every morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,554 ✭✭✭✭alwaysadub

Sean Moncrieff's twitter says RTE aren't going to annonuce it till the 5 o clock news.
    Hope his family were informed properly before hearing or reading about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 881 ✭✭✭Chocoholic84

many other people have died today, why do people always feel the need to post pages and pages of RIP on here for the more famous ones? its another sad aspect of the "celebrity" obsessed culture we live in.

Um, because he's a famous broadcaster and everyone knows him? And I'm sure if you post a thread about someone you know who has died, people are going to be sympathetic and post RIP messages as well, so why don't you?

RIP Gerry.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,804 ✭✭✭take everything

I love how threads like this always turn into debates about how celebrity deaths should be treated.

/sits back and enjoys the fireworks

It's like some kinda internet rule tbh.

I love how the bolshie "hundreds of other people died today" brigade get high on their own farts thinking this point has never been made before.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,221 ✭✭✭✭m5ex9oqjawdg2i

Then the opposite shuold be true, people should be allowed to post their negative opinions on him also.

Personally, I lost all respect when he claimed that he was "Worth" the salary of C. 15 nurses.
    That is not to say that I would have wished him ill but it tainted my opinion of him.

He was a devisive figure and we should not have to forget that

Keep your negativity to yourself. Nobody wants to read it. We all have our opinions of people, but when a person dies at the very least try to show some empathy towards those he has left behind. He does have children, a wife and many many friends who loved him. Think of how they must feel now. Think about how you would feel to read the comments posted here about your father, other half, friend. I for one would be enraged, even moreso than I am now.
    Birneybau wrote: »
    Im actually a little bit sad...

I was somewhat upset when my childhood idol died, Micheal Jackson, but an overwhelming feeling of sadness has set in on the discovery of Gerry's death.

I think people related to him a lot more than most other celebreties, he seemed to treat people as his equal. Never found him to be condesending or anything of the likes. I think that's why he was liked so much, he was just a normal guy, with more charm and intellect of course.
    kingtut wrote: »
    He is dead ffs! Have some compassion!

He is someone's son / brother / uncle / family member etc!

If someone in your family died would you be happy reading some of the comments posted in here already?

Yes it is After Hours but a bit of respect for the dead doesn't go far!
    :mad::mad::mad:

Just ban them, ban all the ignorant thanks whoring posters who are only posting for effect. If you don't like him, that's fine, but the man is dead, a little respect is not too much to ask, you don't have to post here, nobody is forcing you to. Honestly.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 949 ✭✭✭LoanShark

Just listening to Larry Gogan on 2fm, You can tell, that there is something wrong with him...

RIP Gerry...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,172 ✭✭✭A-Train

RIP Gerry Ryan.

Not a fan but wouldn't wish this on him!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

Am attempting to verify the Gerry Ryan story doing the rounds... Calm heads, lads...

Maybe it isn't him.
    Maybe you should read the tweet he posted after that.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,838 ✭✭✭midlandsmissus

Boards.ie and in particular AH, are faster than the news networks. That's both Michael Jackson's death and Gerry Ryan's death I've found out on here now. Sign of the times.

RIP Gerry - school around the corner - that was a classic!

Thinking of his family x

• Registered Users Posts: 24,008 ✭✭✭✭ejmaztec

Decorum time.

RIP.

• Registered Users Posts: 187 ✭✭darragh666

RIP Gerry

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,597 ✭✭✭WIZE

Its getting a bit Slow on here

Currently active users: 7843 (1988 registered, 5855 guests)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,556 ✭✭✭✭AckwelFoley

Life is a fragile thing eh?

He was a young enough man to die.

*ponders ones own existance*

[/pondering]

RIP Gerry

• Registered Users Posts: 25,068 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

Well I can't say I ever liked him but my heart goes out to his family and friends. Losing a loved one is still losing a loved one no matter what others thought about them

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,094 ✭✭✭jd007

Maybe it isn't him.

The one he posted after that was "Jesus".

RIP

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement