Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

curry sauce like chinese

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 32,380 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

rubadub wrote: »
    I got the goldfish sauce today in the oriental emporium on georges street. None in the Filipino shop in dun laoghaire, nor the spice bazaar in blackrock market.
    They now do have all 3 types in the shop in blackrock market, €2.75 each, the spicy one is closest to most chinese takeaways.

It is open 7 days a week (i.e. not just friday & saturday like most stalls/shops there).

It is up around unit 44 on this map.
    marketmap.jpg

They have loads of stuff at decent prices, and the owner took note to get me in some stuff I asked for. So ask if you can't find what you want.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,911 ✭✭✭aN.Droid

This thread makes me hungry!

Can anyone recommend a good Chinese store in Limerick that would stock a good brand of the curry paste? Also the prawn crackers seem insanely good value! No wonder they are free in most Chinese restaurants!

• Registered Users Posts: 35 JetJadore

I must make a recommendatory comment here, 'Golden Curry' by S&B. Its a Japanese curry that comes in a block form and is usually found in the Asian Supermarkets. Its cheap, easy to use and absolutely delicious. The Mild version is not unlike Chinese curry, and there is also medium, hot and very hot available. All yummy! Im getting hungry now too :)

• Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭dubh101

JetJadore wrote: »
    I must make a recommendatory comment here, 'Golden Curry' by S&B. Its a Japanese curry that comes in a block form and is usually found in the Asian Supermarkets. Its cheap, easy to use and absolutely delicious. The Mild version is not unlike Chinese curry, and there is also medium, hot and very hot available. All yummy! Im getting hungry now too :)
    I have not come across 'Golden Curry' before,sounds intresting must look out for it next time im in an asian store.

Advertisement