Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

iphone robbery on the Ha'penny Bridge

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

Second nature to me by now to be alert and firmly cup the phone in my hand when I'm using it, especially as it's an OK phone.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 2,151 Mod ✭✭✭✭Oink

Aaah... Hal'Penny Bridge. Had my wallet stolen there once. Memories, memories. :)

I feel for you OP, I know how traumatic this kind of things can be. Every time I remember this kind of things it boils my blood, even years later.

Hope the b@$!@ get what they deserve.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,609 ✭✭✭Flamed Diving

I have a **** phone and a **** mp3 player. Each worth less than €80. Junkie-proof.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 205 ✭✭potsy86

question: how many people have act'ually seen a junkie run...?

if a junkie took your phone ya should easily get it back there that out of it most the time they don't get very far at all

its more the little scum bag kids out in gangs robbing the phones they know they can get away as quick as they get it don't think iv ever seen a junkie at it there usually pestering ya for that 2 euro for the bus home which is a lie if you walk back the same way an hour later the same person will ask the same question and be none the wiser that he asked you an hour ago

• Closed Accounts Posts: 229 ✭✭andy winter

In Hong-Kong they actually chop your hand off to get your watch or rings if you resist! :eek:

OP: you should know better than to take out your i-phone in a city centre location and not expect this! :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,541 ✭✭✭Heisenberg.

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,004 ✭✭✭ironclaw

Scien wrote: »
    Seems like the worst ever place to commit a snatch & grab to me... Not tripping on the steps is the first obstacle, then both exits off the bridge are onto oncoming traffic...
    Although thinking about it now, I would be apathetic if a little scummy thief got pasted by a Hilux.

Or a Hi-Ace. Delicious irony :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,559 ✭✭✭✭AnonoBoy

Always keep a firm hold of phones, bags when you're about the city centre (and indeed anywhere) and always be aware of who's around you, especially standing waiting at pedestrian crossings and at ATMs.

Warnings like "there's been a load of robberies at the Ha'penny Bridge recently so watch out!" imply that they've only just started or that they're only going on at this location. Do you think that's the only place these lads have tried it/will try it?

You need to have your wits about you all the time. It should come as second nature to anyone who spends a lot of time in the city centre.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,116 ✭✭✭starviewadams

AnonoBoy wrote: »
    Always keep a firm hold of phones, bags when you're about the city centre (and indeed anywhere) and always be aware of who's around you, especially standing waiting at pedestrian crossings and at ATMs.

Warnings like "there's been a load of robberies at the Ha'penny Bridge recently so watch out!" imply that they've only just started or that they're only going on at this location. Do you think that's the only place these lads have tried it/will try it?

You need to have your wits about you all the time. It should come as second nature to anyone who spends a lot of time in the city centre.

+1
    Bit of common sense goes a long way,if there's a couple of dodgy lookin lads/ladies near ya,dont take out your expensive phone/ipod/wallet and make sure to keep a good grip on your bag.

Advertisement