Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Grrrrrr, cnuts stole me bike!

Options
  • 27-04-2010 10:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,892 ✭✭✭

Came out of college today & my africa twin was gone

Bastards!

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,201 ✭✭✭KamiKazi

Sorry to hear that man, post in the stolen bike sticky above.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,892 ✭✭✭madrab

Done and done, thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 535 ✭✭✭Dorsanty

Sorry to hear that, there are few worse feelings.

Any CCTV coverage to help?

Did you have the disc lock and chain on her (you have them in the pic)? Just wondering how well tooled up the cnuts were.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,002 ✭✭✭Wossack

sorry to hear :(

• Registered Users Posts: 167 ✭✭ikb

Thats Sh1t man. You cant keep nothing from the Bstrds. Will keep an eye out.

• Advertisement

CCTV in the college isnt great you cant make out much, only had a disc lock and the steering lock on

• Registered Users Posts: 11,435 ✭✭✭✭redout

What College was it stolen from ?

DIT Kevin Street

• Registered Users Posts: 11,435 ✭✭✭✭redout

madrab wrote: »
    DIT Kevin Street

So it was out on the street then ? I have seen many bikes/mopeds belonging to students parked out on the footpath outside DIT Aungier street. Always thought they were safe enough as the street always has people walking on it. Bastards.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,980 ✭✭✭✭Cuddlesworth

DIT Kevin Street

I know you lost your bike, but seriously why wasn't it chained?

• Advertisement

Because i love hearing people ask me why it wasnt changed!

Really helpful, thanks!

:-)

It was parked in the college by the way under what i though was a good cctv camera, turns out its pretty **** & only cover half the exit

Because i love hearing people ask me why it wasnt changed!

Really helpful, thanks!

Well after two years in that college I can tell you that if it isn't bolted down into place it gets lifted in seconds. Your surrounded by some of the most hard-core scum in this city. If it was unchained I have no sympathy for you. And I should know, I'm a three minute walk away and my bike is unchained. But its in a locked compound with three security guards, over forty cameras and a cop standing outside 24/7.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,772 ✭✭✭jameshayes

Well after two years in that college I can tell you that if it isn't bolted down into place it gets lifted in seconds. Your surrounded by some of the most hard-core scum in this city. If it was unchained I have no sympathy for you. And I should know, I'm a three minute walk away and my bike is unchained. But its in a locked compound with three security guards, over forty cameras and a cop standing outside 24/7.

You work in mcdonalds?

Im not looking for your sympathy or your pointless remarks thank you very much

Im not looking for your sympathy or your pointless remarks thank you very much

Ok, here is a pointed remark. Buy a chain.

Good ole Ignore button :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,098 ✭✭✭MonkeyTennis

my sympathy. Mine was stolen 2 weeks ago from the front of my house. absolutley gutted

• Registered Users Posts: 7,002 ✭✭✭Wossack

Ok, here is a pointed remark. Buy a chain.

move along...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,918 ✭✭✭Steffano2002

I'm gutted for you madrab... :(

Hope it never happens to me! Were you Fully Comp. at least?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,398 ✭✭✭Paparazzo

Nasty, hope you get it back or it was insured. I got an almax chain, always bring it with me if I'm parking in a dodgy area. Cost about €150, but worth it when you consider I'll have it forever. Unless someone uses a grinder on it!
    If it was unchained I have no sympathy for you. And I should know, I'm a three minute walk away and my bike is unchained.
    I know you lost your bike, but seriously why wasn't it chained?

Jasus, who pissed in your cornflakes?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,701 ✭✭✭Sids Not

Paparazzo wrote: »
    Nasty, hope you get it back or it was insured. I got an almax chain, always bring it with me if I'm parking in a dodgy area. Cost about €150, but worth it when you consider I'll have it forever. Unless someone uses a grinder on it!

Jasus, who pissed in your cornflakes?

He doesnt eat cornflakes..he enjoys a big bowlfull of "Itoldyouso"........:rolleyes:

I actually have an almax but its on the big bike, think i may buy another one as they are a fantastic piece of kit

• Registered Users Posts: 9,555 ✭✭✭antiskeptic

Years ago I worked as a bike mech. One day we got a call that a 'good customers' bike had broken down. Parked up in O'Connell St it was, just where the Spire is now. We pulled up, grubby as can be, in a bashed up Transit and calmly wheeled the bike into the van. Middle of the day and no one said a word to us.

No one would notice someone spending 10 seconds slicing through your £200 chain with a battery powered angle grinder. Which is why they use battery powered angle grinders to slice through chains. (They're less cumbersome than portable oxy.acetylene to boot :))

I carry a 6mm dome headed bolt + nut with me. When parking up in a 'worrying' place I thread the bolt through the back disc and screw the nut on by hand (nut on the inside of the disc). It's completely invisible but try wheel the bike! If you're inclined you could tighten the nut up with tools - that angle grinding toting tealeaf won't be carrying spanners...

This might seem like giving the game away but there are dozens of tricks you can pull to lock up the wheels on your bike in a less visible way than a angle-grindable chain. It's the surprise that stumps 'em.

Bike thieves might be smart - but they haven't the time to be figuring out one off solutions to the problem of why the bike won't wheel...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭KTRIC

My stomach dropped when I seen the title. I'm sorry for your loss but I'm glad it wasn't the Honda. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,630 ✭✭✭marlin vs

I hope you get it back in one piece, a **** thing to happen to anyone,it must have never happened to cuddlesworth, then again he's probably perfect in every way.

Yeah, I'm a p***k because I have no sympathy for somebody who leaves their bike unlocked right beside some of the biggest bike thief's in the city.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭KTRIC

Keep it civil lads

• Registered Users Posts: 1,701 ✭✭✭Sids Not

Yeah, I'm a p***k because I have no sympathy for somebody who leaves their bike unlocked right beside some of the biggest bike thief's in the city.

Your words mate............;)

I know he should have locked his bike up properly , but even i'm not going to start hitting a guy when he's down.....if they want ANY bike they'll get it, chain, alarm ,disc lock..doesnt matter....my mates cbr 600 was taken from his shed out the back..and lifted over a 6 foot wall in the middle of the day...:mad:

• Advertisement

Silver and sort of yellow Africa Twin with what looked to be a black Belly pan and being driven by a young lad with no helmet, being driven down the side road beside the last luas stop at Stephens green. Couldn't follow or get a good look as I was on foot a good three hundred yards away and he was moving fast. I reckon its still around the flats, probably in a lock up. If it is your bike cops will take it off them soon with the attention there were attracting.

Don't go looking for it, those lads will skin most people alive for entering and snooping around.

Advertisement