Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Who to send?

Options
  • 27-04-2010 3:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭

Everyone is on about the "fordiners" and how "dey tukk ar jabs" but who do you really mean when you say this?

Poll options
    Spain/UK/Scandinavia (West EU)
    Russia/Hungary/Romania (East EU)
    Poland (Central EU)
    China/SE Asia (East non-EU)
    Australia/US/Canada (West non-EU)
    Middle East
    Africa

I know there's countries missing but afaik these are the major groups of foreigners in Ireland at present.

Who took your job and you want to send home? 150 votes

Spain/UK/Scandinavia (West EU)
    0% 0 votes
    Russia/Hungary/Romania (East EU)
    9% 14 votes
    Poland (Central EU)
    19% 29 votes
    China/SE Asia (East non-EU)
    33% 50 votes
    Australia/US/Canada (West non-EU)
    14% 21 votes
    Middle East
    10% 15 votes
    Africa
    14% 21 votes

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,360 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dravokivich

Get rid of the Irish!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,689 ✭✭✭✭OutlawPete

In before the South Park.

I'd say it's the Nigerians and Polish that most people are referring to though.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,345 ✭✭✭landsleaving

It was the Pangeans what did it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37,214 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

biko wrote: »
    Everyone is on about the "fordiners" and how "dey tukk ar jabs" but who do you really mean when you say this?
    The following (or combinations of them): non whites, people whose first language isn't English, people who come from non Western countries, people who come from poor countries, people whose accents are not Irish/English/American/Australian/kiwi.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,723 ✭✭✭Cheap Thrills!

No durka durka.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 11,221 ✭✭✭✭m5ex9oqjawdg2i

Racist much??? :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,189 ✭✭✭drdeadlift

So you believe that people with certain accents only hold this grudge?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,739 ✭✭✭✭minidazzler

ALL of THEM!!! Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhh, They are coming for our babies next. Get all of them outta here now!!

*Hides under bed waiting for dirty foreigners to come in and try to take my shovel from my cold dead hands"

Noone took my job TBH, I'd love if someone took over my minding of my sister though!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,510 ✭✭✭Hazys

No people from Dublin option :confused::confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭Zombienosh

Can't we just get rid of the scummers and junkies :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,106 ✭✭✭✭How Soon Is Now

Hazys wrote: »

And why would there be ? In that case put one up for culchies as well sure

Funny i always taught it was culchies who came up to Dublin and took jobs and college spaces and so on...

Hazys wrote: »

We took your job, now we're coming for your legs. MWAHAHAHA

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,327 ✭✭✭Sykk

News just in: Polish people now cover 40% of the population of Ireland! Seriously tho... They are everywhere... How people voted anything else I can't immagine.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,510 ✭✭✭Hazys

OP, only one person needs to leave and everybody else will follow...your ma

Sykk wrote: »
    News just in: Polish people now cover 40% of the population of Ireland! Seriously tho... They are everywhere... How people voted anything else I can't immagine.

But like the Vikings and Normans before them, soon they'll become more Irish than the Irish themselves.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,239 ✭✭✭✭WindSock

No one took my job. My employer gave it to someone else because he wanted to use cheaper labour.

My friend's dad was bitching about how our other friend has to go home to Oz as she can't get her work permit renewed... "And they're leaving in all the Eastern Europeans but kicking the likes of you out, 'tis a disgrace..." etc.

It was lost on him that those Eastern Europeans have more of a right to be here than she does, she being non EU and all, but when she's of Irish ancestry, has Celtic looks, English is her first language and she comes from a similar culture to here, well jeez, screw all that EU stuff...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 640 ✭✭✭Michaelrsh

Dudess wrote: »
    My friend's dad was bitching about how our other friend has to go home to Oz as she can't get her work permit renewed... "And they're leaving in all the Eastern Europeans but kicking the likes of you out, 'tis a disgrace..." etc.

It was lost on him that those Eastern Europeans have more of a right to be here than she does, she being non EU and all, but when she's of Irish ancestry, has Celtic looks and English is her first language, well jeez, screw all that EU stuff...

Least she had some sort of small part of this country in her or her family and wasnt just here to make money then leave.

Least she had some sort of small part of this country in her or her family
    What difference does that make? She's still a foreigner.
    and wasnt just here to make money then leave.
    Well she was actually...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,134 ✭✭✭Lux23

biko wrote: »

QUOTE]

I have never said that.

<RABBLE-RABBLE-RABBLE->

I'm not racist, I'm just xenophobic, that's all.

Dudess wrote: »
    What difference does that make? She's still a foreigner.

Well she was actually...

Well fair enough then if she was but theres less chance of you seeing any australian people moving to this country sure why would they?

Any of the other nationals who are living in Ireland are here for mostly one reason thats to earn as much as they possibly can and send it all back to another country. Now in all fairness id rather a couple of people from oz coming over and stayin for maybe year or two working puttin the money back into the country then they probley head home.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,114 ✭✭✭Stephentlig

well tbh we are a people who shop around for the best deal, if bringing money home from Poland would get me a lot more here in my country, and my children that lived here, I'd be doing the same thing.

Its like anything else, people are out to steal and people are out in search for happiness, for a better life, and the latter are entitled to it.

Pax Christi
    Stephen <3

• Registered Users Posts: 23,985 ✭✭✭✭ejmaztec

Those FF people must be foreign as they talk some bullsh1t language and don't understand us. They can definitely go.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,689 ✭✭✭Kasabian

Whats the point of this thread ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,025 ✭✭✭problemchimp

Why should anyone go home, did they cause the banking fukc up or destroy the health service? If they did I must have missed that.

ejmaztec wrote: »
    Those FF people must be foreign as they talk some bullsh1t language and don't understand us. They can definitely go.

FF = Foreign Feckers.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,275 ✭✭✭evolutionqy7

its a hypocritical to say this knowing that millions of irish immigrated to america and around the world during the famine to take other peoples job in other countries...hmm i remember a picture my history teacher showed me which was taken in america ages ages ago on a B&B "No Black's, No Dogs, No Irish"

Advertisement