Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Passenger ban for newly qualified drivers?

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 39,022 ✭✭✭✭Permabear

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 810 ✭✭✭ha-ya-said-what

Exactly & actually very easy to enforce if you think about it.

For instance:
    When you receive your full license it will have a code on it allowing a Guard to know that you are not allowed carry passengers

Instead of Red L's on the L plates Green & plates must be displayed until your 6-12 months is up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 810 ✭✭✭ha-ya-said-what

If it goes ahead there isn't a hope in hell they'll allow any of that, to much hassle in expecting people to prove who they are when the vehicle is stopped... that would never work.

Passenger - Ohh I don't have anything with me at the moment to prove I am his/her mother or any identification as to who I am

Guard - Ok so could you step out of the car, while I set up the back drop, fecth me polaroid & take your picture to attach to your details

10min later after messing around ... Ok now can you come down to the station tomorrow with your identification & prove this is your son/daughter

To anyone over 30 they'll just say their still a distraction & sure there is loads of over 30's out there don't know how to drive or don't even hold a full license.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,909 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

• Registered Users Posts: 3,674 ✭✭✭Faith+1

Yeah I've been there man!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,171 ✭✭✭af_thefragile

I feel more relaxed when driving with my friends with me. I drive more carefully with them, though I drive carefully all the time. I only like to open the throttle on empty stretches where its safe to do so with no potential hazards.

Driving alone would make me a lot more nervous than driving with someone. Cuz when I'm driving with my friends, I can tell them where I want to do and they can look into the map and GPS and find the best routes to take... I can also tell them to put a certain song on the stereo and all. So with this I can concentrate more on the road while they look after the stereo, maps, GPS and all...

And if my friends ever bug me or try to distract me while driving, I just tell them to shut up and continue driving as I'ld do. They're quite considerate passengers.

Me and my friends go for long drive quite often and by the time we get back its usually around midnight to 1am. It'ld suck if I couldn't drive without them late.

Its only a few stupid boyracers who do such things. They shouldn't be driving on the roads in the first place.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,961 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

johnnyjb wrote: »
    I would like to drive over gay byrne... ... on the way to collect his huge pension
    I take it you haven't heard? ;)http://www.independent.ie/national-news/byrne-reveals-his-pension-is-gone-1818084.html

• Closed Accounts Posts: 39 Láidir

Only Gay Byrne, a man who has never driven in his life, could come up with this!!

• Registered Users Posts: 751 ✭✭✭greenie

Personally I would concentrate on the rules that already kinda/sometimes apply instead of bringing in new ones that seem to have had no proper thought put in to them. Maybe work on changing speed limits to actually suit the type of road...there are several areas that need improvement.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 90,855 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

How about using the Norn Iron system of R plates.

No fast driving or motorways for the first year.

• Advertisement
Advertisement