Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

70,000 passports now in backlog

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1 aidanconcannon

i submitted my family passports 15th april 2010 and got them back on the 17th may via express post.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 583 ✭✭✭danman

i submitted my family passports 15th april 2010 and got them back on the 17th may via express post.

That's good to know.
    We sent our kids passport forms away and they were recieved on 27th April.
    By your times, we should get them back within the next week.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,470 ✭✭✭✭Cookie_Monster

4 weeks for "express"
    &
    8 weeks for normal

reported on the news last night

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,914 ✭✭✭danbohan

This post has been deleted.

The government should have acted years ago to outsource most of the public service to a private company, rather than leaving us at the mercy of dysfunctional people.

unfortunately as always before , government in this country will never do the necessary with the public service

• Registered Users Posts: 4,041 ✭✭✭who the fug

danbohan wrote: »
    The government should have acted years ago to outsource most of the public service to a private company, rather than leaving us at the mercy of dysfunctional people.

unfortunately as always before , government in this country will never do the necessary with the public service

Before you wish for that, have a look at the UK system , which is now all about maximising the amount they can charge rather than providing a service

Ditto DVLA and FCO

Privatisation is a great headline grabber that rarely delivers

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,049 ✭✭✭Dob74

This post has been deleted.

I am sure if they out sourced it Osma bin Laden enterprises would win the contract

• Registered Users Posts: 4,041 ✭✭✭who the fug

Dob74 wrote: »
    I am sure if they out sourced it Osma bin Laden enterprises would win the contract

Is he paying off FF as well

• Registered Users Posts: 26,458 ✭✭✭✭gandalf

Is the go slow still in operation at the Passport Office?

Were the temporary workers they were trying to put in place hired or has the CPSU blocked this as well?

It is crazy that this is still an ongoing issue and really should be addressed by management.

Advertisement