Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

random stuff we likey!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,614 ✭✭✭Mozzeltoff

Getting to have a bit of a lie in and having the bed to myself.
    Having nothing to do all day bar watch stuff on Netflix and play the xbox for a while.

• Registered Users Posts: 274 ✭✭Betty Bloggs

Silence (apart from maybe the sound of rain outside),

I just love when there is nobody in the house but me, and I hear no talking, no phone conversations, no television, no radio, nobody pottering about the place closing doors or running up and down the stairs.

Just silence and tranquillity.

I would not like it all the time as I would get bored, but the extremely rare time I have it, I love it. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,154 ✭✭✭silverfeather

Vivian Stanshall!

• Registered Users Posts: 345 ✭✭Diddley Squat

Fago! wrote: »
    That is ****ing odd. I am gonna try it tomorrow!

Samde here , never would have thought of it to be honest

• Registered Users Posts: 37,295 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

Rainy day today, but love blaring out Electric Taurus in the local park whilst eating my lunch when it's sunny out; but don't worry, I do it far from where the other people park their car.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 345 ✭✭Diddley Squat

the odd beer from the Baltic regions

• Registered Users Posts: 15,127 ✭✭✭✭kerry4sam

Had one of my scrumptious power-bars on a cycle recently and only after getting home, when planning for my next cycle, I realised that it was my last! Purchased them in a shop in Cork and cannot find in my home-town, but have now ordered online direct from company <bloody crazy mark-up in the shops>

so...
    box of 12 of my fav power-bars en route soon - yey me! :)

Something Random that I Likey,
    kerry4sam

/mmmmmmm power-bars

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 79,997 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

1500 trophies :-D

*faints * D:

Nutella on toast, tis the job! :D

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 15,409 Mod ✭✭✭✭woodchuck

Strawberries coming back into season :D (got a lovely sweet punnet in Lidl today!)

Irish showers when you're in the sunny part looking over at the rainy part :) It's actually quite beautiful... I should probably feel more sorry for the people who get caught in it though :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭Graham 1324

Smoothies :) love em

• Registered Users Posts: 1,673 ✭✭✭Zanablue

Long walks with my dog on windy days.

I ordered jeans online (they arrived earlier than expected) chancing my arm by going down a waist-size to my norm and they fit perfect!

I've managed to drop an inch off my waist :)

Just Something Random that I Likey today,
    kerry4sam

• Registered Users Posts: 6,568 ✭✭✭candy-gal1

Sweet calls!

Early starts but for things you want to do!

Money!

Kisses!

Firehouse pizza!

Getting a lend of Warhammer books off the bf!

A long day of cosiness, snuggles, cuddles, naps, movies, netflix and youtube, takeaways , kisses , sweet words , fun, and then a really nice sleep together :)

J2O glitter berry drink!

Koka noodles!

Being called beautiful!

Beers!

Panda kitchen chinese takeaway!

Aladdin!!

The lone ranger!

Russel Howards have i got news for you!

Brekkie of cereal, ribsteak, caramel latte and cuddles, and some youtubeing of "our songs" :):p

Being given an explanation of something that was wrecking my head the past few months but was too afraid in annoying the bf in asking, huge weight lifted tbh!

Had my car booked in for it's routine service this evening after work. Although I ended up missing my yoga due to time constraints, I managed to learn something new about my car.
    Thought I'd pressed all the buttons inside my car when I bought it to see what happened when... and what would light up if... , but nope!

Learned something new about my car today :)

kerry4sam

• Registered Users Posts: 11,698 ✭✭✭✭Princess Peach

BBQ 5 times in one week :cool:

I gained a few years today :)

Whilst working in the Hotel at the Front-Desk I was very often referred to as 'The Lady'!
    It was a case of 'Stop jumping on the furniture so The Lady, (me) behind the desk there will make you stop.'

Today on my lunch-break waiting on my sandwich it was 'young girl'. It's (the sandwich) to go down to that young girl down there :)

Nothing at all wrong with gaining a few years,
    kerry4sam

1/2 price pizza day!

Virgin cosmos and Pina coladas in a bottle!

Magic the gathering card playing!

Sitting out in the green near my house in the sun!

Doggies!

Garlic butter as base on a pizza!

Cosy, sweet, sexy happy times for the day with the bf!

Sweet words and promises!

Lots of movies on tv!

Putting the tv on silent and mimicking wat you think theyre saying, funnywise :)

The best sleep and making a great brekkie!

Morning kisses!

Morning tv together!

Being happy!

Being called first by the bf!

Odeon cinema!

Starbucks!

Bday celebrations!

Chats!

Cheap weekend cinema tickets!

Buttered popcorn!

Jurassic World!

Smarties!

Haribo!

Hugs and having a laugh together!

Strolling around Blanch shopping centre!

Proper chats with the bf, finding out what he wants etc!

Bus trip together!

Taco fries, battered sausage, chips and smoked cod dinner!

Homemade pina coladas!

Man movies on tv!

Compliments!

Terminator movies!

Sexytime!

Cosy long sleeps!

Morning Snuggles!

Making proper brekkie for the bf!

Horrible Histories!

Sweet words and laughs together!

Being called beautiful!

Kisses!

Sweet texts!

Terminator Genisys, fcuking amazing!!

KFC and chats with the dad after the movie!

Kisses!

Comic Con costume shopping!

Sitting out in the sun together with the bf, holding hands and random chat!

Eddie Rockets and their red baskets!

The Ted cardboard cutout at Cineworld you can put your head in for pix!

Free popcorn!

Double date with the bf and mate and her husband, first time at cinema altogether!

Winning a goodie bag in the cinema screen! :)

Ted2, really good!!

Being told lovely things and cute texts and kisses goodnight and calls!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,204 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

Minion Bob. :D

• Advertisement

Virgin pina coladas!

Kisses!

Large breakfast rolls!

Helping charge Airsoft stuff!

Cosy cuddles, snuggles, naps etc!

Beers straight from the fridge!

Terminator movies!

Traditions!

Promises!

Chinese food!

Pink wafers!

Aloe vera drink!

Getting my costume ready for Comic Con :D

Being nurse to the bf, when hes sore!

Talking about the future together :)

Well today I'd an eye-test :

No change in my eye-sight over the past 10years! Apparently my eyesight-results are above average for consistency :)

Happy Newsies before I apply for my Motorbike provisional-licence.

kerry4sam

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 10 GG88

Pi**ing on the toilet seat

Car-pooling :)

Currently attending two different courses in different counties. With one course there are four of us from Kerry - We've joined up for an intense group project & Started car-pooling - company, brain-storming, laughter, economical...

kerry4sam

• Registered Users Posts: 350 ✭✭XplaygirlX

Relaxing after you've cleaned the house :)

Had a lovely shower :D

New jammys :)

A takeaway :D

Telly or & a good film :)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,279 ✭✭✭Lady Chuckles

BING CROSBY!!! :D:D

All the little birds in the garden

Watching my special somepony try a suit for a white tie event :pac:

Going out for a meal

AVOCADO!

Orchids

Buying a colourful ball gown :)

Lightning candles

Hat-making

PONIES!! :D

Skyrim

Lenny's campaign for President :pac:

Also; really enjoy refering to every dog I see (no matter their age) as puppies :D:D:D:D:D:D

2013 here:
    kerry4sam wrote: »
    Once again my work makes an appearance in here, I feel lucky :)

Tonight I met a lovely family consisting of a daughter (40's); - her mom and aunt two sisters (50's) and their brother / uncle (60's) ...

One sister approached me in tears telling me her sister was crying so I accompanied her to find her sister was indeed in tears; was ill; had not eaten since dinner on Tuesday (no b'fast or dinner Wednesday) ; was diabetic and refusing to eat :eek: I was informed that she herself was dyslexic and turned out over the night, both had issues with telecommunications in that they didn't know how to operate a phone, how to hold a phone nor dial for assistance. I knew what I was dealing with here.
    Very fortunate to Graduate last-year with a 1st Class Honors in Psychology so was well equipped for this situation and was more confident dealing with all the issues I was now facing :o

They were seen by a doctor and I spent a considerable time researching diabetes; meal-plans and some of the more serious issues the daughter was informing me of as they will be in my company tomorrow. They don't know what she could eat safely with diabetes; had more on my shoulders tonight at work that I could have envisioned when heading in yesterday afternoon!

They are now more content; more confident on dealing with everything; I'll talk them through the breakfast options I have complied; lunch and dinner alternatives and options that I now know (and didn't this time yesterday as I've never been this close to someone with diabetes); had privilege of meeting some unique and genuinely lovely people who I found out some would not give the time of day due to some of what they deal with daily, personally.

Random Stuff I Likey was certainly my work tonight where I'd the Privilege of researching and learning about new topics for me - in detail; about conditions and mental issues people face and live with - up close.

I just feel privileged that this family trusted me in every way they have done :)

Certainly Random Stuff that I Likey,
    kerry4sam

2014 here:
    kerry4sam wrote: »
    Just this very evening at work did I meet this family again, back for their second year to my place of work!
    Met one sister first whose eyes lit up. When I offered her my phone to ring her husband back home their was no issue. She knew what to do and she even had tears in eyes when I remembered her.

Afterward she went & got her sister who came down to me, bringing her camera to show me she still has the picture they all had taken with me at work, under my company logo, a year ago.
    She also showed me the meal-plans that I created for them. The plans did have minor changes from their doctor I was told, but majority still as I researched for them.

Just could NOT believe this. How could I have had made this much of an impression with them.
    I only assisted them and gave them my time. Nothing else. Nothing major and nothing I would not do for others anyways.

What surprised me most though was just how far they had progressed in terms of educating themselves with varying personal aspects and how stronger they were tonight.
    Certainly made my night this family did,
    Certainly Random Stuff that I Likey,
    kerry4sam

2015:

Well I received my first Christmas Card for this year this Very Morning from no-where else but the UK and this Beautiful Family I've wrote about ^^^

Just surprises me that they remember me; that they've thought about me and then to send over a Christmas Card with an Incredible Hand-Written Note inside <-- Just the Warmth of this Family is Wonderful.

Really just goes to show how those few minutes that first night we met back in 2013 has been remembered :)

kerry4sam

Living in a housing estate and usually there's cars in and out, kids screaming and shouting and dogs barking. But this evening all I can hear is the twittering of little song birds and it's absolutely divine. Delighted to hear it so I am!! Kinda helps take the bleakness out of these January evenings and also enforces the idea that spring is not too far away :)

• Advertisement

Foooooooood!! :D:pac:

Advertisement