Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gym's around the palmerstown area??

Options
  • 25-04-2010 7:41pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 59 ✭✭

hey im finishing up from my college for the summer so I am looking for a gym that does 3 month membership thats in a reasonable distance to palmerstown, i dont have a car and I dont want join a gym that i need to get a bus to. Now as far as I know the nearest to me is liffy valley fitness and the sheldon park hotel. Anyone any reviews about these gyms or know of any others near by that are reasonable in price and have a decent free weights section i.e. go over 30kg in dumbbells??

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,364 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

Liffey Valley Fitness is far and away the best in the area. The Sheldon has a tiny free weights area, Liffey Valleys is huge in comparison to the other gyms in the area - Sheldon and Ballyfermot Leisure Centre. There's a gym in the Clarion in Liffey Valley, I assume that is similar to the Sheldon though.

• Registered Users Posts: 326 ✭✭DARCHA22

hey im finishing up from my college for the summer so I am looking for a gym that does 3 month membership thats in a reasonable distance to palmerstown, i dont have a car and I dont want join a gym that i need to get a bus to. Now as far as I know the nearest to me is liffy valley fitness and the sheldon park hotel. Anyone any reviews about these gyms or know of any others near by that are reasonable in price and have a decent free weights section i.e. go over 30kg in dumbbells??

3 month membership available

dont know if its any good

its in ballyfermot behind tim youngs

http://www.dublincity.ie/RecreationandCulture/SportsFacilities/LeisureCentres/Pages/BallyfermotLeisureCentre.aspx

• Registered Users Posts: 39,107 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

The weights section in Liffey valley is good. I'm pretty sure the dumbbells go up to 50kg.
    The clarion is defo nicer inside, with newer and better maintained equipment, but its smaller and gets full easily.

Advertisement