Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gerry Ryan

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,591 ✭✭✭RATM

Rabies wrote: »
    People get worked up constantly over him.

Its our money, blah blah blah.

The thing is, you must be in a minority. People like him, he gets paid because he gets the radio ratings. There is big competition to him in Ireland that i know of.

Like the housing crises. The market demand sets the price.

I don't buy all of that. True, people like him ( the type of people who do we won't go into here, except to say they must have a lack of humour if they find that twat funny ). He does get good ratings though for sure. But to think for one moment he is worth 500k+ of taxpayers money per annum is ludicrous especailly at a time when many are struggling to keep their heads above water.

Now its pretty obvious what happens is every year Ryans agent sits down with RTE 'management' and negioate a new contract. Here's how it goes:-

Agent:- Gerry's pulled in XXX amount of advertising revenue over the last 12 months so we believe he is worth 500k+ per annum.

RTE Gombeens:- Fair point Mr.Agent, 500k+ it is. Sign it off there and we'll all head to Roly's Bistro for a celebratory lunch. Who's round is it on the expense account ?

Whereas the reality is his wages shouldn't be linked to advertising, at least not while he is working for a public taxpayer funded company- we're supposed to get value for money, right?

Put simply the RTE Gombeens should be sitting down every year and saying to his agent 'We've done our research and we've found out the highest earner iin Newstalk makes 100k per year. Now Gerrys being offered 110k per year and if he doesn't like it the he can fcuk off to Newstalk and work for 10k less. End of.

But they don't say this every year and that is why I think people have a right to be pissed off at his obscene wages. And the fact he is a pin-striped wearing hoover nosing fat twat.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,028 ✭✭✭✭--LOS--

Dear diary. Jackpot.

:confused: you don't mean...............:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,084 ✭✭✭dubtom

I tolerated him until I read his book.My god what a money/self obsessed ass he is.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,431 ✭✭✭✭cson

sdonn wrote: »
    Tbh that makes him a bit of a ledgebag ;)

What sort of gimp says ledgebag? And what the hell is it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,487 ✭✭✭Mister men

Can't stand the man and his pro FF show. It's no wonder his wife is about the town getting up on every bloke with a hard on after been shacked up with him for all those years.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,909 ✭✭✭Agent J

The thing is, you must be in a minority. People like him, he gets paid because he gets the radio ratings. There is big competition to him in Ireland that i know of.

Please tell me you are being flippant.

What market? The market is distorted by the state funded entity that is RTE.
    They get to raise income from advertising while sucking down the TV licence. Talk about best of both words.

That market demand should be tested. Cut his salary to 200k and if he doesnt like it then he can go get another job.

See how quickly the BBC, Newstalk etc would pick him up at his old wage. :rolleyes:

RTE would never do that though. Because it would quickly become evident that they are all over paid and no one wants to rock the boat.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,370 ✭✭✭✭Son Of A Vidic

Jabba the hut.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,051 ✭✭✭winston82

Let's see.. he's fat, ugly & gets paid vasts amounts of our licence fees to spout pervy sh*te like this, which I heard on his show last Christmas...

Woman rings in to tell Ryan that, whilst she was putting a Christmas card on the mantlepiece over her fireplace, a candle, which was sitting on the fireplace hearth, set fire to the long skirt she was wearing & it went up in a puff of smoke.

What was Gerry's first question?

"Did it set fire to your knickers too?"

The guy is a numpty lech.

Has anyone got a good word to say about him?

Hmmmm, you can't stand him yet you have found the time in your day to take a couple of minutes to start a thread about him bringing him even more public attention. (and about a segment that happened over 4 months ago. I'm crying inside for you, OP, i really am. :pac: May i suggest you go outside.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,911 ✭✭✭GTE

There is nothing to like. On TV his interview style is pushy and intrusive. Thats all well and good with a good interviewer who asks interesting questions or simple ones with the aim to dig something else up, but not someone who thinks hes great.

Listening to the radio show a few months ago he decided it would be funny to cough some flem out of his mouth for about 20 seconds. The rest of the show was childish.
    I remember one listen was worried about having lost everything on her harddrive and he assured her that she could get it back, when anyone who knows a bit about computers knew there was no chance, so he thinks he knows everything too.

Nothing to like. Its a horrible thing to say about another human being but true.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 959 ✭✭✭changes

I had to listen to him every morning at work for years. His shows are deff aimed a female audience.... glad i don't have to listen to him anymore. now where i work its pat the plank kenny tho :eek:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,876 ✭✭✭deelite

I filled in the RTE Survey (I think it's still on line), and I raised the question as to where certain presenters would go if their contracts weren't renewed. I mean I can't see FM104 or Spin having the money to pay Mr. Ryan's huge salary.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,550 ✭✭✭Min

changes wrote: »
    I had to listen to him every morning at work for years. His shows are deff aimed a female audience.... glad i don't have to listen to him anymore. now where i work its pat the plank kenny tho :eek:

Pat Kenny at least has a good radio program.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,065 ✭✭✭Fighting Irish

Let's see.. he's fat, ugly & gets paid vasts amounts of our licence fees to spout pervy sh*te like this, which I heard on his show last Christmas...

Woman rings in to tell Ryan that, whilst she was putting a Christmas card on the mantlepiece over her fireplace, a candle, which was sitting on the fireplace hearth, set fire to the long skirt she was wearing & it went up in a puff of smoke.

What was Gerry's first question?

"Did it set fire to your knickers too?"

The guy is a numpty lech.

Has anyone got a good word to say about him?

At least he's not PC like **** like most well radio hosts

• Registered Users Posts: 11,028 ✭✭✭✭--LOS--

At least he's not PC like **** like most well radio hosts

He's not really the opposite either though, he just talks louder, slower and over-pronounces things to fool you into thinking he is :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,065 ✭✭✭Fighting Irish

--LOS-- wrote: »
    He's not really the opposite either though, he just talks louder, slower and over-pronounces things to fool you into thinking he is :pac:

He's not waay over the top but most times he speaks his mind

• Registered Users Posts: 4,297 ✭✭✭Jaxxy

He's a creep. And I cringe at the sound of his voice. The mother loves him though and from what I've gathered from threads like this and the Anti-Gerry Ryan groups on FB he is mainly enjoyed by a certain demographic.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,034 ✭✭✭deadhead13

His show is 10th in the list of most listened to radio shows, yet he is the 2nd highest paid presenter. I really can't see TV3, Today or Newstalk paying him 558,000 euro a year. RTE don't really get the concept of "market demand" when it comes to paying their "stars".

• Registered Users Posts: 656 ✭✭✭smokie2008

alwaysadub wrote: »
    You've been holding onto that story since Christmas??
    ha ha ha ha Gas!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,534 ✭✭✭Dman001

Get rid of all the RTE fat cats who are getting a ridiculous salary such as Gerry Ryan, Ryan Tubridy, Brendan O'Connor, Pat Kenny etc., and replace them with those just out of college and are jobless.

They would be willing to work for half the salary the others are getting, more entertaining to watch and eager to work, more charismatic, and it will bring a bit of young flesh to RTE. No harm in a bit of a shake up.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,798 ✭✭✭goose2005

Mister men wrote: »
    Can't stand the man and his pro FF show. It's no wonder his wife is about the town getting up on every bloke with a hard on after been shacked up with him for all those years.

You mean she wasn't doing that before?:D

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement